Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I promised my wife we would get an Ocean View Suite... how bad will she feel if we get one with a view blocked by trees or buildings!

I see most people using DSU getting the Partial Ocean View suite. Has anybody gotten the full Ocean View suite?
I think the question is how bad will you feel after she gets done with you It's going to depend very heavily on if you are going on peak season. If you want a full ocean view guaranteed, you may have to pay to upgrade.

The suite views vary dramatically, some of the lower floors are so bad, I'd trade down to a regular room with a view imo.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:00 pm

And for those of you booking for Christmas 2014, this property seems to have a SEVEN night minimum up till the 1st of 2015
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by milemonkey
As a Platinum checking in next week using two free Chase nights and two nights booked through Ultimate Rewards I would be happy with ANY suite. Any ideas how I can get one given it is our 25th anniversary?
If you wait until you're at the front desk, your chances will be slim to none.
But if you're lucky, the ocean view suite will be like winning the lottery.
Hope you get it.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sam_goh
And for those of you booking for Christmas 2014, this property seems to have a SEVEN night minimum up till the 1st of 2015
Yeah and for some of the days they want even longer (8 days minimum or more!) In the end I was able to book the exact 7 nights I wanted at the pre-devaluation award level, but it took over a month of working with a very nice reservations manager at the hotel, and barely making the February 15th deadline to change pre-devaluation award stays!

I've also noticed all stays around then seem to now have no cancellations allowed at all -- crazy!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:43 pm

@oc2005 - HR Maui has a 6 night minimum during this time frame. We didn't get to explore Kanaapali much last time and the HR was more kid friendly for our younger ones. Decided to do 6 there and 2 here, instead of 7 or 8 @ the Andaz and 1/none at the HR. We'll be in the area Dec 26 - Jan 3rd, last 2 nights at the Andaz. Yell if you want to get together for a drink
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
If you are using points for a stay here, do you still pay the valet parking fee? Just thought MAYBE that was waived like resort fees are with point stays.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by frogss29
If you are using points for a stay here, do you still pay the valet parking fee? Just thought MAYBE that was waived like resort fees are with point stays.
Not waived for us last fall.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Thought that, but worth asking
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sam_goh
@oc2005 - HR Maui has a 6 night minimum during this time frame. We didn't get to explore Kanaapali much last time and the HR was more kid friendly for our younger ones. Decided to do 6 there and 2 here, instead of 7 or 8 @ the Andaz and 1/none at the HR. We'll be in the area Dec 26 - Jan 3rd, last 2 nights at the Andaz. Yell if you want to get together for a drink
Thanks for the invite! But unfortunately we don't overlap since we're heading out well before you get to the Andaz. Last year we did 7 at the HR and 4 at the Andaz, but we liked the Andaz so much, this year we're doing 7 and 7. They definitely made me jump through some hoops to book the nights I wanted using my pre-devaluation point bookings though -- I can't blame them too much when I look at the cash rates they're charging then ($2K a night for a suite!)
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
edit again

Just booked the hotel, its our 1 year wedding anniversary, should I pay the $75 per night upgrade for 'Andaz Partial Ocean View King' or Email the GM and ask for room with an ocean view.

Im thinking I should first ask the GM and see what happens and then pay for the upgrade when arrive if I cant get it.

we are traveling Sept 4-6 only 2 nights, what time of the season is that peak? non-peak? Im assuming non-peak

Last edited by ac921ol; Feb 20, 2014 at 9:09 am
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:34 pm

Do the Pool Suites have one and one-half baths? How would you rate these rooms over a "regular" Partial Ocean View room?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey
Do the Pool Suites have one and one-half baths? How would you rate these rooms over a "regular" Partial Ocean View room?
You may find this video helpful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3iFjXGnZRU). Suites are considerably larger. I wouldn't do a pool suite however, as they're mostly not very private.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Still plenty of cash and points dates (and corresponding diamond suite upgrade availability) to be had. I just changed around my dates no problemo.

HR Waikiki is a very different story...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:14 pm

Going in 4 weeks. Never been to a luau before... any suggestions? I know the Grand Wailea has one but what about the Andaz? Does this resort host a luau? If not, which nearby one is best?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
No luau at the Andaz (IMO, this is a good thing).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ui-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.