Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:33 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by hqly2001
When you go to the breakfast buffet, do you need to tell them you are a diamond or just get the buffet and charge it to the room and they'll take care of the charges at th[e] end?
Originally Posted by l'etoile
The host will ask for your name and room number and will see your status. You will sign the check. Charges will not appear on your final bill.
The charge for our breakfast from our last day at the Andaz did show up on our bill; it was a simple matter for them to remove it when I checked out, but people might want to keep an eye out for that.

Here's a floor plan of the top floor of the Makai Wing, showing where the suites are. The suites on the far right are the 39/40 rooms.

And here's an example of a whale sighting from a room to give folks an idea of how close they are.

Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
As I posted yesterday, mimosas are currently included. I'm sure this could change at anytime so you may want to confirm at ordering. Cost is $15 pp.
Thanks and sorry I missed that!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
As I posted yesterday, mimosas are currently included. I'm sure this could change at anytime so you may want to confirm at ordering. Cost is $15 pp.
In Japan, a mimosa is a type of tree. So I honestly have no idea what people are talking about here.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
In Japan, a mimosa is a type of tree. So I honestly have no idea what people are talking about here.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mimosa&l=1
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lawyertalk
How did I not know about this!

Last edited by heatheresq; Feb 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:32 pm

The pads are only in suites right?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:15 pm

Are the diamond brakfast deducted each day or at the end of the stay? The in room portfolio doesnt show a credit. It also shows 4 parkng charges while ive only been here fir 2 days. Weird...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by heatheresq
How does the valet distinguish daytime parking guests from overnight? Do they ask if you will be parking overnight? Or at the end of your stay did you just tell the desk that you did not park overnight?
From what they told me, and from how it did actually work when I was there, as long as they don't have your keys overnight, you don't get charged for valet that night. They only charged me when the car was there overnight.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:02 am

If I have 2 rooms booked under me and I'm Diamond would all 4 adults get free breakfast or do all 4 have to be in the same room?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by nic3456
If I have 2 rooms booked under me and I'm Diamond would all 4 adults get free breakfast or do all 4 have to be in the same room?
It's generally up to individual property to decide, but during my trip in December they did comp for both rooms.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:13 pm

Any recommendations for a garden suite?

I love the private lounge chairs on the grassy patches at the ground level, but they don't look very private. Any recommendations on which wing/floor would be best for this i.e. more private, but still with a partial ocean view? It's hard to tell what level these are on. It looked like maybe the Akau/Akai (sp?) tower may have better garden level suites? I am planning to use diamond suite awards. Thank you for all the information thus far! I have read all 47 posts.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:34 pm

In case anyone has missed it, Google Maps has a very comprehensive street view of inside the Andaz Maui, including both suites and queen/2 double rooms, lobby, Morimoto, pool area, etc. Property looks great, images seem new.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Here are a few pictures from my stay. I stayed there 2 weeks ago, used suite upgrades and the manager was nice and put us in the full-view ocean suite (The last 2 rooms at the end on each floor appear to be the full-view). I enjoyed it very much and the breakfast with bottomless mimosa's was a great start to every day. The suite was slightly smaller than other Andaz I have stayed in the past, but overall nothing bad to say. Best foods in Hawaii were the fruit (pineapple was incredible) and Sushi (silky smooth)

Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:49 pm

I'm doing the Diamond Challenge and booked 4 nights for March on points (22K/night, pre-devaluation).

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-book on points + cash. It's 12.5K + $150 per night, which comes up to be 50K + $600. However, because points + cash nights are "eligible", I would get 1000 pts/night for these 4 nights and I'd get points for the cash portion. Total credit would be about 9K, so it's like spending 41K points + $600. At this rate, it would be like buying Hyatt points at 1.27c each, which isn't spectacular, BUT my understanding is that it would allow me to use the free suite upgrades. Is this worth it? It's just going to be me and my wife so a suite isn't necessary by any means.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by travelista1
I love the private lounge chairs on the grassy patches at the ground level, but they don't look very private. Any recommendations on which wing/floor would be best for this i.e. more private, but still with a partial ocean view? It's hard to tell what level these are on. It looked like maybe the Akau/Akai (sp?) tower may have better garden level suites? I am planning to use diamond suite awards. Thank you for all the information thus far! I have read all 47 posts.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Can you see ocean from the from the p o Andaz Suites in the Akau/Akai tower?

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm doing the Diamond Challenge and booked 4 nights for March on points (22K/night, pre-devaluation).

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-book on points + cash. It's 12.5K + $150 per night, which comes up to be 50K + $600. However, because points + cash nights are "eligible", I would get 1000 pts/night for these 4 nights and I'd get points for the cash portion. Total credit would be about 9K, so it's like spending 41K points + $600. At this rate, it would be like buying Hyatt points at 1.27c each, which isn't spectacular, BUT my understanding is that it would allow me to use the free suite upgrades. Is this worth it? It's just going to be me and my wife so a suite isn't necessary by any means.
C+P+DSU+qualifying night for the Diamond Challenge is the way to go. Suites aren't necessary but is certainly is nice. When in Wailea, its a definite plus to have a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.