Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
I was able to make a 4 night award stay for mid August on the website. There is a 21 day cancellation policy though
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:02 pm

Off-site Parking?

Hello

Just looking for some information for some off-site parking as I will be there for a week in August and do not want to end up with a 200 dollar valet bill. If someone can dm the specs it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Joe, see PM.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:29 am

Hello,
I am booked at Andaz maui for 9 nights in September - i called Andaz and i was told even though i paid with points there will be a resort fee, but it didnt looked like she was 100% - anyone who has recently been there who knows for sure if this is true?

Also any reviews of how the food is at andaz? I am vegetarian and am planning to take the $47 per day per person breakfast package and then skip lunch - good idea?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Hello,
I am booked at Andaz maui for 9 nights in September - i called Andaz and i was told even though i paid with points there will be a resort fee, but it didnt looked like she was 100% - anyone who has recently been there who knows for sure if this is true?

Also any reviews of how the food is at andaz? I am vegetarian and am planning to take the $47 per day per person breakfast package and then skip lunch - good idea?
For all points you should have no resort fee. Call the FD and get someone to confirm this.

The food is very good. The breakfast has plenty of non-meat options... but if you also eliminate fish (great smoked fish) and dairy (there goes all the griddle and baked options) you will be limited (to the killer fresh fruits and some other stuff).

But won't you have a car? I could never do a Maui trip (of that length for sure) without a car - too many great places to go to (even if all the great other beaches/reefs). Kihei town has tons of great food options, both local and cheap mom and pop and upscale choices... and markets... and if you do eat fish one can make great meals of poke (which can also be purchased in the market at the Wailea Mall if you don't have a car).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by canyonleo
For all points you should have no resort fee. Call the FD and get someone to confirm this.
I don't think that's really necessary. No resort fee on awards is a published benefit. I wouldn't worry about confirming this prior to arrival. Just point them to the T&C if they try to charge you at check-out.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:11 am

I just came back from an all points stay without the resort fee charged. Didn't have to ask for it or haggle.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by coffee18
I just came back from an all points stay without the resort fee charged. Didn't have to ask for it or haggle.

Thanks for the update!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:53 am

Hello,
Any tips for off-site parking? I will be there for 9 nights so don't want to pay $350ish for a valet. Please PM if required.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by poisonsag
Hello,
Any tips for off-site parking? I will be there for 9 nights so don't want to pay $350ish for a valet. Please PM if required.

Thanks!
Hello - I would greatly appreciate this info as well. Will be there in late August for a week.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Hoping someone on here has insight or recently has stayed in similar situation. I have two rooms for 7 nights coming in December. I am a globalist with Hyatt and have myself, wife and 2 kids in one room and my parents, brother and sister in 2nd room. I booked both rooms in my name and my globalist account. What is consensus on breakfast benefit here? I'm pretty sure i will get breakfast on my room but what about second room? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbplesh
Hoping someone on here has insight or recently has stayed in similar situation. I have two rooms for 7 nights coming in December. I am a globalist with Hyatt and have myself, wife and 2 kids in one room and my parents, brother and sister in 2nd room. I booked both rooms in my name and my globalist account. What is consensus on breakfast benefit here? I'm pretty sure i will get breakfast on my room but what about second room? Thoughts?

Thanks!
If the second room is on all points, then you can do Guest of Honor and get them breakfast (well, two of them, and depending on the ages, maybe four).

Otherwise, I think you're looking at a $200/day breakfast bill.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:47 pm

if you ask, they will probably say free brekkie on 1 room only

if you just enjoy brekkie and with two bills each morning, i'd say the standardized process for breakfast charge removal would apply to both rooms.

$1000 downside over 7 days if unlucky
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
If the second room is on all points, then you can do Guest of Honor and get them breakfast (well, two of them, and depending on the ages, maybe four).

Otherwise, I think you're looking at a $200/day breakfast bill.
Both rooms are 100% all points, however i did both in my name. Should I contact Hyatt and do guest of honor for second room? Or call hotel first and ask if they will just honor as is?

Also latest i could find comments on is that you still get buffet just no hot items ordered off menu?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbplesh
Both rooms are 100% all points, however i did both in my name. Should I contact Hyatt and do guest of honor for second room? Or call hotel first and ask if they will just honor as is?

Also latest i could find comments on is that you still get buffet just no hot items ordered off menu?
You should call and put one room in someone's name in that room as a Guest of Honor.

Don't know about the buffet v. hot situation - haven't been in over a year. But then it was buffet-only, pretty sure. This is a very, very good buffet though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.