FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:49 am
canyonleo

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Hello,
I am booked at Andaz maui for 9 nights in September - i called Andaz and i was told even though i paid with points there will be a resort fee, but it didnt looked like she was 100% - anyone who has recently been there who knows for sure if this is true?

Also any reviews of how the food is at andaz? I am vegetarian and am planning to take the $47 per day per person breakfast package and then skip lunch - good idea?
For all points you should have no resort fee. Call the FD and get someone to confirm this.

The food is very good. The breakfast has plenty of non-meat options... but if you also eliminate fish (great smoked fish) and dairy (there goes all the griddle and baked options) you will be limited (to the killer fresh fruits and some other stuff).

But won't you have a car? I could never do a Maui trip (of that length for sure) without a car - too many great places to go to (even if all the great other beaches/reefs). Kihei town has tons of great food options, both local and cheap mom and pop and upscale choices... and markets... and if you do eat fish one can make great meals of poke (which can also be purchased in the market at the Wailea Mall if you don't have a car).