Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Just booked 7 nights (5 with points and 2 with CC free nights). I have not stayed at any Hyatt properties but recently matched to Diamond from SPG and plan on staying in Ziva Cancun, Andaz Papagayo with points.

I'm currently booked in a King Garden view. For my dates, I see availability with Partial Ocean, Full Ocean, ADA Ocean, Suite.

Does it make sense to email their reservation email address and politely ask for upgrade being that we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary? Or just wait till arrival and ask and hope for the best?

What's the best approach? Does anyone have the manager's email?
Of course (and as noted) it never hurts, but IMO the best approach is to call a week ahead and talk to a FO manager and make the request... and then call again 2-3 days ahead and get an update or re-touch.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Of course (and as noted) it never hurts, but IMO the best approach is to call a week ahead and talk to a FO manager and make the request... and then call again 2-3 days ahead and get an update or re-touch.
Emailed Karla but have not heard back.
Based on searching cash availability on Hyatt.com, There are no upgrade options for the full stay but there are ocean view king available 20-25 and partial OV or ADA OV available 25-27. Do you think that should be fine or do I need to call in today/tomorrow prior to arriving on Wednesday the 20th?

Is my assumption correct? If it's available for cash booking, I am entitled to an upgrade to that room? Based on Diamond status. Thoughts?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Emailed Karla but have not heard back.
Based on searching cash availability on Hyatt.com, There are no upgrade options for the full stay but there are ocean view king available 20-25 and partial OV or ADA OV available 25-27. Do you think that should be fine or do I need to call in today/tomorrow prior to arriving on Wednesday the 20th?

Is my assumption correct? If it's available for cash booking, I am entitled to an upgrade to that room? Based on Diamond status. Thoughts?
Don't expect a suite upgrade but do expect a view upgrade. This property was very good to me in the past and they do their best to accommodate Diamonds.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Don't expect a suite upgrade but do expect a view upgrade. This property was very good to me in the past and they do their best to accommodate Diamonds.
Yep. Realistically expecting upgrade to Ocean View King only and not a suite. I just wanted to make check with the group here that if its available on hyatt.com to book with cash, it should be available for me to upgrade to(in case they say they are full etc).

Based on today, I would have to switch rooms midway 20-25 OVK and 25-27 POVK.

Anything better than garden view!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:24 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Maybe others have some more experience with this, but I would be surprised if you were given an upgrade that required you to switch rooms mid-stay. If there's no upgraded room types available for your entire stay, I would plan on being in the type of room I booked.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skj
If there's no upgraded room types available for your entire stay, I would plan on being in the type of room I booked.
Plus there have been quite a few reports of this property not upgrading Diamonds based on being fully booked . . . I wouldn't count on anything.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hilton DIA / SPG Gold / Hyatt Plat
hi

ive noticed the enterprise station at andaz

does enterprise rental @ andaz includes a parking lot at the property, or will the car just be delivered, and thats it.

Any possibility to park an enterprise car ( e.g. rented at airport ) there?

thank you so much

Last edited by heiniheini; Jul 21, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:44 pm

I am so annoyed with this property. I have been trying to book an award stay here for the past 3 months. They are booked solid for all of Jan and Feb. I have literally checked every single day and could find no availability. If this isn't gaming i don't know what is.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:43 pm

I am so annoyed with this property. I have been trying to book an award stay here for the past 3 months. They are booked solid for all of Jan and Feb. I have literally checked every single day and could find no availability. If this isn't gaming i don't know what is.
Subscribe to wandrme and set up alerts
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:47 pm

Have you checked various permutations? For example, I don't think the site ever shows availability for a one night search, I think one has to query the site for like a 4 night stay to see availability, then maybe adjust as needed by calling.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:22 pm

you need to check 4 nights at a time like the guy above said. Then you can start all your different permutations and MAYBE have some luck.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by heiniheini
hi

ive noticed the enterprise station at andaz

does enterprise rental @ andaz includes a parking lot at the property, or will the car just be delivered, and thats it.

Any possibility to park an enterprise car ( e.g. rented at airport ) there?

thank you so much
If you rent from enterprise you still need to pay the hotel's parking fee, whether if you rented from airport or from kiosk at hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Have you checked various permutations? For example, I don't think the site ever shows availability for a one night search, I think one has to query the site for like a 4 night stay to see availability, then maybe adjust as needed by calling.
I am actually trying to book a full week stay. I tried every single day and got Nada from Jan - Feb.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:41 pm

I am actually trying to book a full week stay. I tried every single day and got Nada from Jan - Feb.
If you try and book every one night (as one night), I'll guess you get zero availability due to minimum stay requirement (four nights? varies by date?). If you try to book a week, you'll get zero because it's so hard to get so many consecutive nights at one try.

I have done over 10 nights here a few times, but never in one single booking... I book four nights, then check every day to get more adjacent nights, or another four in the window of the trip, then continue checking every day until maybe a month or two or three later I'm finally able to complete what my trip demands (and often I have 2-4 separate/consecutive reservations on the website - but the hotel connects them for a single stay).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:39 pm

Zbigfam

I booked 5 nights on points a few weeks ago for mid January 2017. I originally wanted 4 nights, but it always showed not available, but did show available for 6 nights. So I called the hotel directly, she said 5 nights were the minimum they accept, she did something on computer, then I was able to book 5 and changed my plans. Try calling hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.