Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 5:44 am

Partial Ocean View suites vs. Full Ocean?

Folks -

I've read that folks often get upgraded as diamonds to suites. I have a partial ocean view suite (paid rate - not dsu). Do I just bite the bullet and pay the $200/night for a view? Do I have decent odds of getting an "upgrade" to a full ocean view suite as a diamond?

Does anyone know how many "partial" vs "full" ocean view suites this hotel has?
Old May 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: United club, Hyatt Plat...
I got upgraded to ocean view and im only a platinum. Either partial or full ocean views are great. You get a good view at the Andaz if you're on a high floor. The views are amazing. Great design.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by V60t
Folks -

I've read that folks often get upgraded as diamonds to suites. I have a partial ocean view suite (paid rate - not dsu). Do I just bite the bullet and pay the $200/night for a view? Do I have decent odds of getting an "upgrade" to a full ocean view suite as a diamond?

I've had good upgrades, especially on paid stays vs. points stays, at Andaz Maui. Even when it has been full and on points, I've been upgraded to ocean view.

I'd estimate 1/3 of the suites are full ocean view (maybe 6-8), 1/3 partial, and 1/3 pool/none. As long as it isn't full, you have a great chance of a full ocean view upgrade as a Diamond in my experience.
Old May 14, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by V60t
Folks -

Definitely not often - it's in fact extremely uncommon to be upgraded to a suite from a base room. In your situation, I'd roll the dice if the hotel wasn't busy. Good chance you'd get upgraded to a full.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Airport Transfers.

Staying here in June. Don't want to rent a car or pay exorbitant hotel fee for transfer.
Has anyone used a private reasonable limo service here you could reccomend? Also does uber or lyft apply here?
Old May 17, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by martinplas
Staying here in June. Don't want to rent a car or pay exorbitant hotel fee for transfer.
Has anyone used a private reasonable limo service here you could reccomend? Also does uber or lyft apply here?
Robert's Hawaii
$43.00 per person round trip.
http://www.robertshawaii.com/mauiexpress/

Uber/Lyft could be cheaper depending on number of riders.
Old May 17, 2016, 10:43 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just had an AMAZING stay last week; Robert's is ok, but it is shared ride service. For a very reasonable sedan service, try:

Christopher Luxury Sedan Service
http://mauitowncar.com/

$95/each way (including gratuity)

The owner, Bart, is a very nice guy and provided excellent service for us last week!
Old May 17, 2016, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I used Uber and it was reasonable.
Don't think you can get it from the airport unless somethings changed
If you go just a bit outside the airport I think you are good
Took it from the Marriott Courtyard or Costco right to the Andaz
Getting from Andaz to any destination with Uber worked like a charm
Old May 20, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Attempted to use Uber last year to return to OGG from hotel and almost missed flight - not enough drivers. Cabs were scarce going back to OGG as well (daytime).

I would recommend a roundtrip booking whether car/shared service.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:55 pm

Our view from our stay!

Enjoy!
Attached Images   
Old May 23, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Book the minimum room category you will be happy with. Upgrades happen, but counting on one seldom works, especially in Hawaii, and especially if you are not a hotel regular.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Virgin America, Chase Sapphire Preferred
My wife and I had a remarkable ten night honeymoon stay at the Andaz Maui. I made our reservation over six months in advance and utilized one of my four annual suite upgrades as I am a Diamond member of the Hyatt Gold Passport loyalty program.

We received the standard Hawaiian lei greeting and the bellman/valet crew quickly offered to stow our luggage as we arrived well ahead of check in time. We were promptly offered lavender lemonade and wine as we checked in.

When we came back a bit later when our room was ready, we were told our suite was upgraded. We were in room 740. It is on the highest floor and is the most oceanfront suite on the floor. Our room wowed us and we were delighted. Shortly thereafter, the bellman delivered our luggage and answered some questions for us quickly and with a smile.

The room has a lovely window facing the ocean as well as two stunning balconies that face the ocean. One has two chairs, a table, and a swing. The other has a lounge chair. The views were spectacular.

The room was huge and very modern. The shades could be lowered and raised via controls in each room. The lights were also easy to turn on and off. There was a TV in the bedroom as well as the living area. We also had a large table.

The minibar that was replenished daily as part of the resort fee. We received two each of assorted Aloha beverages, Maui Brewing Company root beer, Virgil's cola, Hawaiian granola bars, and Maui potato chips.

The bathroom had a rain shower and a nice tub. Several toiletries were included and replenished including makeup removal wipes, mouthwash, toothbrushes, and more. The main bathroom toilet had a bidet as well.

Housekeeping was hands down the best we have ever received and we have stayed at a number of resorts across the country. Our room was spotless at all times and everything was replenished and stocked at all times.

At most resorts the resort fee is a joke. Here it is $40 and includes a number of things including the minibar. It also includes a complimentary 45 photo session with Pacific Dream Photography and they do an amazing job. You only purchase what you want. It also includes two plastic water bottles you can easily refill on every even numbered floor. Free sunscreen is also provided throughout the resort. Free use of the snorkel gear through the Andaz beach crew is included. You may also book a number of freebies such as a canoe trip, paddle board lesson, fitness classes, ukulele lesson, coconut husking and weaving, and many more. The laundry room on the second floor has complimentary detergent as well as complimentary washing machines and dryers. Great bang for your buck. You also have free use of a GoPro if you like!

Service was exceptional our entire stay. We were greeted by name a number of times throughout the resort. The valet is $30 a night and service was top notch and prompt day in and out.

We received complimentary breakfast at the Ka'Ana kitchen and it was excellent. We also had cocktails at both bars and they were excellent. Morimoto's had great lunch and dinner options.

The resort is oceanfront and service at the beach and pools is exceptional. We were quickly offered chair slips and towels as well as umbrellas. We were also offered cabanas.

The resort is a short drive from several dining options at the Shops at Wailea and a short drive from Lahaina.

We had an amazing time and can't wait to come back. We'll settle for reality for now!
Attached Images  
Old May 24, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Attempted to use Uber last year to return to OGG from hotel and almost missed flight - not enough drivers. Cabs were scarce going back to OGG as well (daytime).

I would recommend a roundtrip booking whether car/shared service.
This worked fine once: http://www.speedishuttle.com/
Old May 26, 2016, 8:57 pm

Anyway to know how full the Andaz Maui is?

Going there in August. I think it's off peak season. Have a room on points and a paid room. If the hotel wasn't full, what are my chances for an upgrade? Anyway to figure out how occupied they are?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by kerriganlee
Going there in August. I think it's off peak season. Have a room on points and a paid room. If the hotel wasn't full, what are my chances for an upgrade? Anyway to figure out how occupied they are?
It may be too late at this point, but at night, just go down to the pool area and look up. Based on the color of the TV screens, you will know which ones are empty based on the welcome video that's on an endless loop. It's pretty obvious if you watch the pattern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.