Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which promo did you get? Where do you live?
5000 points after 2 stays
10.75%
3000 per stay, up to 3 stays
7.17%
2000 per stay, up to 4 stays
4.30%
5000 points after 1 stay
10.04%
Something else
1.08%
Nothing, live in the USA
50.54%
Nothing, live outside the USA
16.13%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Summer 2013 Promos (targetted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
wow.... we went from quarterly promotions to bi-annual. only those with the special sauce get more than the 2 global promotions. thanks again for nothing hyatt!
Hyatt was never quarterly, they've run Global promos whenever.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello everyone,

Although not all members are extended invitations to participate in select targeted promotions, we are happy to offer Global Promotions on a bi-annual basis to all members. Smaller offers to our members help us to best engage with our members to determine awards that are of real value to everyone on a larger scale.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM us directly.

Safe travels,

Dana M.
This is at least a better reply than the HGP rep who emailed me back and flat-out lied, denying there were any targeted Summer promotions. That pissed me off more than not being targeted.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Called late tonight to inquire if my account had been targeted for the Summer 2013 promo and if not, if I could be added. The nice rep checked, and said it wasn't possible as it was targeted and had ended in July. Didn't push too hard as Hyatt's been great so far for me. He did mention a Fall promo coming up maybe in late aug/sept. Hoping that this one won't be targeted.
I called and asked a CSR and was politely denied. I called back (tried the UA method of only taking the 5th no as a real no) and politely asked again, they asked the supervisor who transferred to guest relations. They said that while I couldn't be included in the promo they would be happy to just give me 9k points, I happily accepted and they have already posted to my account. I'm happy!
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
This is at least a better reply than the HGP rep who emailed me back and flat-out lied, denying there were any targeted Summer promotions. That pissed me off more than not being targeted.
+1

I called twice to ask about it and both times the frontline CSR's had no problem locating the promo despite scarce details from me. I'm fine being told no I don't qualify but being lied to would piss me off as well.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I have a simple rule regarding promos from any chains at any time.

No promo. No stay.

Real simple.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, ProrityClub
Summer promotion

How come some members don't get any promotion ???
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Okay, I just got an e-mail saying that I would get 2,000 points a stay for up to 4 stays. Then I searched in my mail folder and realized that I had actually gotten this for the first time end of June. That message says I am registered, so I assume there is nothing I have to do except actually stay in a Hyatt. Fair enough.

What if that Hyatt is in New York? I would get the 1,500 points for an August stay in addition, i.e., 3,500 total?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
What if that Hyatt is in New York? I would get the 1,500 points for an August stay in addition, i.e., 3,500 total?
Seems like it!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DErg
I called and asked a CSR and was politely denied. I called back (tried the UA method of only taking the 5th no as a real no) and politely asked again, they asked the supervisor who transferred to guest relations. They said that while I couldn't be included in the promo they would be happy to just give me 9k points, I happily accepted and they have already posted to my account. I'm happy!
Perfect. Now let's all call the diamond line and ask for our 9K points.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Specifically have the diamond line transfer you to guest relations, that's who was offered to credit me the points.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Id rather not have to stoop to groveling in order to get a promo.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Just another sign that HGP doesn't understand how information works in the current era.

I hope someone does and then gets denied the 9k. Then I can update my last post to:

Hyatt promotions are targeted first to a group of people who actually get notice of the promotion, then targeted to a second group of people who have to call in to register for the promotion, then targeted to a third group of people who don't actually get the promotion but get 9k points when they call in and complain. And all the remaining HGP elites are just garbage.

Is this really how low HGP has fallen?

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Id rather not have to stoop to groveling in order to get a promo.
I won't do it either - but it is hilarious how HGP is training its elites to complain and whine and tie up their call centers to get anything.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by gengar
it is hilarious how HGP is training its elites to complain and whine and tie up their call centers to get anything.
Can't agree more! Are these so-called elites really elites?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Life Gold
did anyone living outside the USA, in Asia get targeted for the promo?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by kuponuts
Can't agree more! Are these so-called elites really elites?
so-called? the GP program clearly defines elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.