Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which promo did you get? Where do you live?
5000 points after 2 stays
10.75%
3000 per stay, up to 3 stays
7.17%
2000 per stay, up to 4 stays
4.30%
5000 points after 1 stay
10.04%
Something else
1.08%
Nothing, live in the USA
50.54%
Nothing, live outside the USA
16.13%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Summer 2013 Promos (targetted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
so-called? the GP program clearly defines elites.
What I mean is these people are GP elites, but are they real elites, that is:

1 - A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status

2 - The best or most skilled members of a group
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Some of us were picking up what you were putting down, kuponuts
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
No promo for this Diamond with recent stays,42 nights this year, no Hyatt CC and Canadian, but my Platinum +1 got the 3k up to 3 stays promo with THREE nights this year. A bit annoying as I have more than 3 stays during the promo period and my +1 will not be travelling with me so I miss out on easy 9K points.

I am really against these type of promos, especially when I see 10+ year Diamond members who post double, triple and quadruple the amount of nights required to make diamond year after year.

I am fine with airlines/hotel programs to offer enticing promos to new top tier members or even non elites, but with this they should be offering something to loyal, long term customers at the same time to avoid these situations... I guess loyalty programs do give massive one time bonuses for top tier members occasionally(like the UA miles promo), but it's still a bit frustrating seeing threads like this
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Credit for NYC15 say

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Okay, I just got an e-mail saying that I would get 2,000 points a stay for up to 4 stays. Then I searched in my mail folder and realized that I had actually gotten this for the first time end of June. That message says I am registered, so I assume there is nothing I have to do except actually stay in a Hyatt. Fair enough.

What if that Hyatt is in New York? I would get the 1,500 points for an August stay in addition, i.e., 3,500 total?
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Seems like it!
Hmmm ... 2,000 posted immediately, but not the 1,500 for NYC stay. Have people been seeing the latter post immediately? Or is it possible that they are waiting until end of promotion later this week? (Or am I going to have to write in to convince them that I really did put in the NYC15 code, or whatever it is?)

UPDATE

Since > 2 weeks tried to request credit through website, but kept getting a message

An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later. For assistance, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.
Might have had nothing to do with this particular offer (NYC15), but, just in case, called Hyatt. They were nice as could be and credited me with the 1500 for the NYC stay on the spot. Thus nothing about waiting until end of promo (which still has a couple of days to run as of this posting) ....

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Aug 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm Reason: More info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.