Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which promo did you get? Where do you live?
5000 points after 2 stays
10.75%
3000 per stay, up to 3 stays
7.17%
2000 per stay, up to 4 stays
4.30%
5000 points after 1 stay
10.04%
Something else
1.08%
Nothing, live in the USA
50.54%
Nothing, live outside the USA
16.13%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

Summer 2013 Promos (targetted)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think that this "promo" is geared towards those that have not stayed recently - I'm at 5 stays and no offer either.
I only hold Platinum status, no CC, have seven stays so far this year, yet I received the offer. I typically only reach 12-15 Hyatt stays throughout the year, although I did achieve Diamond several years ago. Still, it seems like this offer was just automatically sent out to a random list of GP members. There doesn't appear to be much to go on in trying to figure out which kind of member was targeted. Although it DOES seem like some longtime Diamond members have been left out (at least going off of what we're reading here on FT.)
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
I got 5k points after 1 stay. I haven't stayed at a Hyatt since fall last year, all my stays this year went to SPG.

I have a previously booked reservation, booked from the hyatt website, and the stay within the promo dates. Will this reservation still be eligible?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
5K 1 stay only - no stays for 2013 until a week before the mailing (not reserved thru Hyatt.com).

To show solidarity with my jilted brethren, I will not enjoy receiving my 5k as much now.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by BrianLo
I'm on the Diamond challenge but haven't gotten any e-mail.

Anyone else?

One other diamonds without promo mail
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:34 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
In response to a question upthread, my lack of a promotion will not cause me to use Hyatt any less, but it does leave me a bit unhappy. As someone else has said, in this age of the social media, such opaque targeted promotions probably have as much negative effect by lowering customer satisfaction, as any positive effect in generating business. They could at least explain the rationale for the targeting.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Diamond here and also got nothing.

+1 @ osakawonoo

Last edited by Markie; Jul 1, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
In response to a question upthread, my lack of a promotion will not cause me to use Hyatt any less, but it does leave me a bit unhappy. As someone else has said, in this age of the social media, such opaque targeted promotions probably have as much negative effect by lowering customer satisfaction, as any positive effect in generating business. They could at least explain the rationale for the targeting.
Could not agree with you more! From a Diamond in asia who also got zilch!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
.... perhaps to get a better understanding of which customers have to be groomed more and which ones can be groomed less while maximizing its revenues from, and minimizing its expenditures on, promotions.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
My data point: long-time Diamond, U.S. resident (at least based on the address on my Gold Passport account), around half-way to Diamond requalification with all stays but two outside the U.S. No offer.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 7:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
UK Diamond. Been Diamond probably 13 years. 8 reservations booked.

No mail
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
.... perhaps to get a better understanding of which customers have to be groomed more and which ones can be groomed less while maximizing its revenues from, and minimizing its expenditures on, promotions.
and your point? They are generating a lot of ill feeling as payback for this targeted promotion, even to the extent of Hyatt monitors here on FT! Even if the end result is in the plus column, the negative impact is not insubstantial.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Once again nothing for me

non-US member, already requalified Diamond, no cheap stays...

Is there a non-US member who has received this promo?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
Once again nothing for me

non-US member, already requalified Diamond, no cheap stays...

Is there a non-US member who has received this promo?
Originally Posted by crystak, from the UK
I got the 5k after 2 stays, a bit unexpected!
Yes. But just not me
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:24 pm

5000 pts 2 stays

received 5000 pts 2 stays. Live in US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.