Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:15 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
You can match every single day if you want to when you match has no impact whatsoever.

You can go ahead and do the match again if it makes you feel better. As long as your status shows whatever you’re matched to at Hyatt then you’re good (Gold = Explorist and Globalist, Pearl = Discoverist).
I thought matching from Hyatt after 1 Feb means you can match back again next year if you don’t requalify? Are am I reading it wrong?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I thought matching from Hyatt after 1 Feb means you can match back again next year if you don’t requalify? Are am I reading it wrong?
It’s not a one and done, if your status with MGM does not reflect what your matched status should be (I.e. if you got downgraded) then rematch, there is no limit to the times you can do it. It took me 3 tries using the matching process to actually see the newly reflected status after being downgraded.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:50 am

Do those who match status get the $100 Gold dining credit?
Yes. That would be my guess, anyway. Caesars grants the $100 anniversary dining thing matched Diamonds (the level just below Seven Stars, or whatever it's called), and I've done this about 3 times already.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, only people who earn their tier status through spend get the dining or airline credits. Even members who earned their status by spend last year do not get the dining credit this year, only people who earn the status this year.

One (1) Tier Achievement Celebration Dining Experience benefit valid for qualifying member is offered during the current Tier Status Earning Year to each qualifying Gold, qualifying Platinum or qualifying NOIR member who has earned the minimum Tier Credits associated with reaching the applicable Tier Level (and, for NOIR Tier Level, invited to such level during such Tier Status Earning Period) based on spend during such period. Members who receive their Tier Level status through a third-party or other partnership tier match program are not eligible for the benefit. Dining Experience benefit is not awarded based on a member’s Tier Level status as of the beginning of the Tier Status Earning Year.

https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mgm-rewards/tiers.html
Markie and poptarts like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:54 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It’s not a one and done, if your status with MGM does not reflect what your matched status should be (I.e. if you got downgraded) then rematch, there is no limit to the times you can do it. It took me 3 tries using the matching process to actually see the newly reflected status after being downgraded.
But isn’t the point the different Hyatt and MLife membership years that allow you to keep matching over and over?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
No, only people who earn their tier status through spend get the dining or airline credits. Even members who earned their status by spend last year do not get the dining credit this year, only people who earn the status this year.
That’s basically what I thought even though it shows up in the app.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:57 pm

But isn’t the point the different Hyatt and MLife membership years that allow you to keep matching over and over?
Yes? If you re-read my post you can rematch over and over and over.

So for example let’s say you matched on 1/15 (a few weeks ago as you said) if your status is still showing the upgraded one it’s valid until 2/1/2023. If it shows or for some reason gets downgraded you simply go and do the match again and it will then definitely be good until 2/1/2023.

Does that makes sense?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:00 pm

Yes? If you re-read my post you can rematch over and over and over.

So for example let’s say you matched on 1/15 (a few weeks ago as you said) if your status is still showing the upgraded one it’s valid until 2/1/2023. If it shows or for some reason gets downgraded you simply go and do the match again and it will then definitely be good until 2/1/2023.

Does that makes sense?
Thanks. But shouldn’t I have done the match after 1 Feb? That would go until 2024 then if I dropped Hyatt status on 1 March I could match back?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:39 pm

Thanks. But shouldn’t I have done the match after 1 Feb? That would go until 2024 then if I dropped Hyatt status on 1 March I could match back?
Again you can go ahead and match it again right now if you’re concerned about losing status. Do it two or 3 times from both ends to be sure if you’d like.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s basically what I thought even though it shows up in the app.
It shows up in the app, but if you click on it for more detail it says "qualifying members..."

Still not a great way of doing it
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:57 pm

Again you can go ahead and match it again right now if you’re concerned about losing status. Do it two or 3 times from both ends to be sure if you’d like.

Thank you so much!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:58 pm

Hyatt / Mlife status match issue

I have been trying for 2 weeks to get Hyatt to status match my Mlife account without any success.
I have done online status match multiple times,
Chatted online with Hyatt multiple times
I called a couple of days ago and they said give them a week to match. Got an email that says I do not have any status with Mlife. I am currently Gold with Mlife. I know Feb 1 Mlife did a change, prior to Feb 1 I was Platinum, now account shows Gold.
I have a trip next week and would like to take advantage of the status match.
What do I do? Wait till I get to the hotel and see if they can help. Stop into a nearby hotel and see if they can help?
Thoughts?
Thank you
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
There's nothing anyone at a hotel can do. Keep trying the online match or contact Hyatt online or by phone.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tradercj
I have been trying for 2 weeks to get Hyatt to status match my Mlife account without any success.
I have done online status match multiple times,
Chatted online with Hyatt multiple times
I called a couple of days ago and they said give them a week to match. Got an email that says I do not have any status with Mlife. I am currently Gold with Mlife. I know Feb 1 Mlife did a change, prior to Feb 1 I was Platinum, now account shows Gold.
I have a trip next week and would like to take advantage of the status match.
What do I do? Wait till I get to the hotel and see if they can help. Stop into a nearby hotel and see if they can help?
Thoughts?
Thank you
Globalist/Explorist only gets MGM Rewards Gold, not Platinum anymore...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
I find this somewhat surprising, especially since CET grants the $100 dining for matched status. While I can certainly understand withholding the Noir's $500/$1,200, I finding peculiar that even for those who had earned Gold aren't granted the $100. Going from 25X points to 4, even with the double promo, essentially means many will find it considerably more challenging to reach Gold again, and likely will never sniff Platinum.

As it stands now, the best way to reach Gold is via the Hyatt match--this definitely has some value now.

PS - Vegas in practice - I rarely email, but because of this Noir not receiving the $500/$1,200 even if "earned," I reached out to my host via telephone, and, I suppose, whined about it. She assured me not to fret over it, and will load up $1,000 in freeplay when I'm there for Super Bowl weekend. For those who aren't gamblers, cashing out freeplay is easy, e.g., play 25 cents Jacks or Better Video poker and cycle thorough the entire freeplay, where the return of cash should range from 95% - 105% of par.

Last edited by Visconti; Feb 5, 2022 at 5:41 am Reason: added PS...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.