Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:20 am
Company Representative - Gold Passport by Hyatt
Original Poster

(Apologies for the hijack but I locked the previous thread on te subject now since people are posting in both threads and it will get confusing - for an exhaustive reference, the other thread is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ationship.html . Thanks! Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt)

Greetings, FlyerTalk members,

Today you’re in luck as the unprecedented relationship between Hyatt and MGM Resorts International® has launched! Hyatt Gold Passport members now have the opportunity to earn and redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points at 12 iconic M life resorts on The Las Vegas Strip – from the MGM Grand® and Mandalay Bay® to the Mirage® and Bellagio®. All eligible nights and stays at these resorts will count toward Hyatt Gold Passport tier status. And, each of the 12 participating resorts is now available for reservations and award night bookings through hyatt.com and our Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centers.

And your luck continues this August when Hyatt Gold Passport members can enjoy unique benefits like pre-sale access to premier entertainment, exclusive M life Moments experiences and more when opting in for a matched tier status in M life.

Are you ALL IN? For details and answers to frequently asked questions, visit hyatt.com/mlife.

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport

Last edited by peteropny; Jun 21, 2013 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Great news. This is one of the reasons we are making the switch to Hyatt as our first choice program.
Osiris1881 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:38 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Does anyone know if it is possible to redeem points for more than just a standard room at the Vegas hotels? I have 3 nights booked in a suite (revenue rate) and would like to use points for the 4th night if possible.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Las Vegas and GoldPassport...both somehow relicts of the past.

The world gambles in other places these days and the frequent traveler prefers other chains today as well, but otherwise great news
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FD1971

The world gambles in other places these days and the frequent traveler prefers other chains today as well, but otherwise great news
Obviously there are lots of places to go, and frequently lots of chains to choose from when you get there. That doesn't mean Hyatt offering new options in one of those places is a bad thing. On the contrary. If you're going to Vegas, it's great to have new choices on the Strip if you want to work within the GP program.

Last edited by JackE; Jun 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971

I still prefer Vegas over any other gambling destination. If you are into sports and such, it's still an awesome place to go with friends for a weekend. Every indian gaming...please, they are jokes. East coast has very few palatable options. Maybe if you want to go to Atlantis....but for west coasters, that's a lot of travelling. I can get to Vegas and back for $140 allin, sometimes less!

The fact that I can re-qualify for diamond a lot easier is great too.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:53 pm

How about Diamond Upgrade certs? Can we use those? And will all Diamond bennies apply to the M properties?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Seriously guys, Jacuzzi suites in vegas are CHEAP, upgrades are EASY, don't waste your Hyatt stuff in Vegas, do the $20 trick.

On the flip side, this is a great opportunity to mattress run for Hyatt. I wonder if comp'ed nights count,, probably not as they are essential M Life reward nights
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
GREAT new option for me I am in LAS once a month or more and have given up on the Westin Casurrina . So this works for me when I want to be on the strip.
I really would prefer a full service Hyatt or even a NEW build Hyatt House or Hyatt place (to replace the less than wonderful HP on Paradise) but this can work just fine.
I have already booked a room for a weekend in September and the price was pretty good!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
I am really excited about this partnership. Congrats to Hyatt & MGM!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Iam going to be attending a conference for work in Sept 8th -12th at Caesars Iam a Hyatt Diamond member , which of the new partnership hotels is closest to Caesars and if I book a basic room as a Diamond member will they upgrade or do we have to join their MLife club too? also will they give free breakfast etc to diamond members ?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Question: If I do a status challenge with Hyatt, which gives me Diamond for 60 days, can I use the corresponding MLife Platinum benefits? Do I need to request a match to Mlife?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:24 pm

So I have an existing reservation at Aria, can I add my hyatt number to the reservation? And...is there any downside to entering hyatt number vs M Life? Seems like use the hyatt card to get points,stay...m life when playing?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:35 am

Can you pay for an M life hotel using Hyatt dollar certificates?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Many of the answers to your questions can be found here:

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-....jsp#900224180

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.