FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:33 pm
Visconti

Originally Posted by Doppy
No, only people who earn their tier status through spend get the dining or airline credits. Even members who earned their status by spend last year do not get the dining credit this year, only people who earn the status this year.
I find this somewhat surprising, especially since CET grants the $100 dining for matched status. While I can certainly understand withholding the Noir's $500/$1,200, I finding peculiar that even for those who had earned Gold aren't granted the $100. Going from 25X points to 4, even with the double promo, essentially means many will find it considerably more challenging to reach Gold again, and likely will never sniff Platinum.

As it stands now, the best way to reach Gold is via the Hyatt match--this definitely has some value now.

PS - Vegas in practice - I rarely email, but because of this Noir not receiving the $500/$1,200 even if "earned," I reached out to my host via telephone, and, I suppose, whined about it. She assured me not to fret over it, and will load up $1,000 in freeplay when I'm there for Super Bowl weekend. For those who aren't gamblers, cashing out freeplay is easy, e.g., play 25 cents Jacks or Better Video poker and cycle thorough the entire freeplay, where the return of cash should range from 95% - 105% of par.

Last edited by Visconti; Feb 5, 2022 at 5:41 am Reason: added PS...