Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2024, 12:29 pm

Also just checked in today and my experience has been mixed so far. I’m Globalist and this is the 3rd Unbound property I’ve stayed at in France.

The rooms are beautiful as the design is very much to my taste. However the carpet has a lot of stains. I was upgraded to a Premium Sea View as I had booked just a regular deluxe. Unfortunately, it’s on the first floor and I can hear thumping music as I type this in the evening. I had inquired about a higher floor room but since I’m staying four nights, no dice unless I shell out for Prestige suite. Also, all the public use areas and group rooms are on the first floor so there is a lot of traffic. I feel like sleep is going to be an issue.

I also got a bottle of rose. Kind of a bummer bc every other unbound property has left a bottle of nice champagne.

Check-in was okay. The attitude is more perfunctory than welcoming. At every other Unbound or Park Hyatt, I’ve been welcomed by the manager. They usually take the time to learn what you’re in town for and try to provide recommendations. I also usually get an email a few days before check-in asking if I need anything. I haven’t heard from anyone here.

Oh well, there’s still a few days to see how this shakes out. What is the deal with breakfast, is buffet and an a la carte dish included? Or is it just buffet and you have to pay for any a la carte?
Old May 26, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Not trying to defend the property but you have to keep in mind that the festival ended a few hours ago so all the city is still in recovery mood and the hotel converting back suites from brands showrooms to guest rooms…

Even only half the usual menu at Le Sud as kitchen was overwhelmed but will be back to normal tomorrow…

Looks like a few posts (including from sapguy and myself have dissapeared)?

Last edited by Markie; May 29, 2024 at 7:57 am
Old May 26, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Looks like a few posts (including from sapguy and myself have dissapeared)?
Very strange indeed!
Old May 29, 2024, 5:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I notice that in infinite scroll mode on my mobile phone, the thread jumps from page 13 to page 11, so it seems maybe an entire page has gone missing? Will ask our IB overlords

EDIT: in the meantime page 12, (if you have it set to 15 msgs per page as I do) comprising messages 166-180 can be directly accessed via this link: Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The problem only seems to affect mobile skin and/or if you have infinite scroll turned on, perhaps?

Last edited by Zorak; May 29, 2024 at 7:05 am
Old May 29, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Yes you’re right I can see all missing ones on your link…strange…
Old Jun 7, 2024, 10:23 am

I noticed that too and thought it was weird since I was responding to Sophocleft's post. Anyway, after 4 nights at the Martinez, I can now say my opinion of the hotel has improved, with some caveats. There two real issues I had with the hotel. As others have noted, breakfast is problematic. They simply don't have enough manpower to work both the outside and inside spaces, which are huge. There is that issue with not getting coffee after ordering it and they frequently ran out of glasses and bowls. The food area is also small relative to the number of guests they can serve at a given time, so it can get crowded and quite messy depending on the guests. And yes, they often run out of things and the stations aren't refilled. I think it's because they just have too much variety for that space. So it's a lot of small stations of any given item; of course it's going to run out quickly. They simply don't have enough people to constantly refill so many stations. That being said, everyone who works breakfast does try to make it work and they are always friendly.

Construction work continued on the first floor well after Cannes ended. I arrived the day after it ended and it was still going on for the next three days. And there was constantly debris and large food crumbs all over the hallways, as well as food and linen carts with used items. This was not taken care of until the day before I left when they dispatched an industrial type roomba. I think for a category 8 hotel, this should have been taken care the day after cannes, not like 4 days later. This issue was more bothersome than the breakfast thing.

In terms of the room, I loved it. I would say the hard product is the best part of this hotel. I found the room to be extremely comfortable in terms of furniture placement, the bed, the bathroom, and etc. Even the room slippers were better than ones I've gotten from other high-end hotels. I also love the style and decor of the room. Housekeeping was amazing. The room was always clean and there were no hiccups. They pretty much did everything you would expect from housekeeping. Any requests like water or adapters were delivered promptly. I would say that if I ever return to this hotel, it would be for the room and housekeeping.

Reception was friendly and helpful. Any requests were taken care of quickly. There was an issue where someone else's lunch was charged to my room and they cleared that right away. I also like the coffee, water, and tea station they have set up all day.

Sunbeds were an additional charge and the hotel did not provide beach towels. So if you want to sit on the public beach areas, you were kind of out of luck. Beach towels should be provided readily given the location.

Just my two cents on this place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.