Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Martinez (Unbound Collection) Cannes, France REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think that should be more driven by which city you'd like to stay in. Personally, I'd choose Cannes.
I also agree... stay at the hotel based on the location.

To give some feedback on HR Nice, service was top notch, similar to HM. Rooms are not modern vs HM. It feels like a Hyatt Regency with the decor & room setup. Bathroom can use a little more attention to detail... some areas of the bathroom were dirty. But I would stay there again because of the location.

Comparing just the two properties without other factors such as location & price, HM is better, especially when the remodel is over.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by 59Impala
The renovations have been discussed in this thread already. The Hotel will be re-branded and join the Unbound Collection.

@moderators - you may want to change the thread title

Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Cannes’ historic Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez is set to re-open in spring 2018 as Hotel Martinez and will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, a global collection of unique and independent stay experiences.

Full press release:

Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases
According to the hotel's official website, Hôtel Martinez has now been rebranded from Grand Hyatt to Unbound Collection.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I wound up with Hyatt Regency Nice - it's closer to the areas I daytrip to, and the TSU upgraded into a full suite vs. a junior suite. I really wanted to spend more time and stay at both hotels, but I'll content myself with the one.

Thanks to all who posted info and opinion!
Old May 21, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
VERY unfortunate renovations

Stayed at the hotel just as the renovations ended - which were really not finished despite the claims to the contrary. Phone and internet were intermittently out for 5 out of the 8 day stay - including a 48 hour continual stretch. Elevators had some problems, etc. All this will be worked out soon enough I think.

What won't be worked out unfortunately is the decision to not put sound-proofed windows. The side of the hotel faces some of Cannes rowdiest late-night restaurants and clubs and the sea-side faces some of the more club-like beaches. The "quieter" side of the building faces the rail, which - while the train is only once an hour or so in the late evening and ends at midnight - does a more commuter-driven schedule starting around 6am.

Yes, the new interiors are lovely and modern with a nod to the deco glamour. While the pool will be missed, the garden was lovely and the food looked fun and modern. The rooms were bright, airy and spacious, though I suspect not high quality enough to avoid wear and tear showing soon.

The idiot who didn't push for full soundproofing as the only truly NEEDED upgrade to the property during a 6 month full closure needs to personally be required to hand out earplugs each night while apologizing and spanked with the "5 star luxury" bills customers pay each morning at checkout.

It doesn't matter how lovely the interiors are, the service, food etc. - you are better off staying almost anywhere else.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by monoflight

Stayed at the hotel just as the renovations ended - which were really not finished despite the claims to the contrary. Phone and internet were intermittently out for 5 out of the 8 day stay - including a 48 hour continual stretch. Elevators had some problems, etc. All this will be worked out soon enough I think.

What won't be worked out unfortunately is the decision to not put sound-proofed windows. The side of the hotel faces some of Cannes rowdiest late-night restaurants and clubs and the sea-side faces some of the more club-like beaches. The "quieter" side of the building faces the rail, which - while the train is only once an hour or so in the late evening and ends at midnight - does a more commuter-driven schedule starting around 6am.

Yes, the new interiors are lovely and modern with a nod to the deco glamour. While the pool will be missed, the garden was lovely and the food looked fun and modern. The rooms were bright, airy and spacious, though I suspect not high quality enough to avoid wear and tear showing soon.

The idiot who didn't push for full soundproofing as the only truly NEEDED upgrade to the property during a 6 month full closure needs to personally be required to hand out earplugs each night while apologizing and spanked with the "5 star luxury" bills customers pay each morning at checkout.

It doesn't matter how lovely the interiors are, the service, food etc. - you are better off staying almost anywhere else.
Delete post - I can't concentrate thinking about the noise coming from the noisy partiers on the streets at this time

Last edited by PortlySpartacus; May 21, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Good thing I had the Globalist free breakfast benefit, because this place has the most ridiculous F&B pricing I've ever seen. Off the top of my head, I think the room service club sandwich was 42 or 48 euros. The *continental* breakfast was in the same price range!

Also, the whole place felt like an active construction zone. And the front desk would not honor a 4pm checkout. As with PH Vendome, I found some of the staff to be a bit snooty. While waiting in line to check out, they kept calling on other people to skip ahead of me. (There was no clearly marked line.) Perhaps it was my wearing shorts and a backpack, but they didn't think I was staying there.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you for that update. That is very unfortunate, as this is a real problem at the hotel, and has always been. I’ve often stayed in front-facing rooms and wished I could open the windows, but the street noise is just too high.

Originally Posted by monoflight

Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
What are the GLOB benefits here post renovations, besides the free breakfast buffet that I read about? Such as lounge on site, evening cocktails etc.....

TIA

LFC
beachmiles likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:53 pm

Any recent feedback?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:10 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Staying here in a few weeks. One recent review on TR said as an in-house guest they were unable to reserve a sunbed (which is chargeable).

Has anyone else experienced this? I emailed La Plage Martinez directly but am yet to receive a response.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Currently here homeymooning. The day beds/loungers are limited at La Plaga. My wife and I reserved daybeds for the full day about a week out (€50/person). If you visit the Hyatt/Hotel Martinez concierge page in your reservation confirmation you can make your booking directly.

Gotta say I’m loving this place. As an Explorist, upgraded on points suite upgrade from Jr.Suite to Seaview Jr. Suite on the 6th floor.

Happy to try and answer a few other Qs for members of the community while here.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thank you.

I reached out to the GM as the hotel email address wasn't answered and was quoted:

Pontoon : €62
1strow : €52
2nd row row the 5th row : €36 euros

Inclined to do it for each day.

What's the music live like on the beach? Watching the Insta stories it appears they have large parties on weekends which I don't particularly considering relaxing....
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA Platinum Pro; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Thank you.

I reached out to the GM as the hotel email address wasn't answered and was quoted:

Pontoon : €62
1strow : €52
2nd row row the 5th row : €36 euros

Inclined to do it for each day.

What's the music live like on the beach? Watching the Insta stories it appears they have large parties on weekends which I don't particularly considering relaxing....
Its Saturday at 1pm and the music just started. We like it, pretty chill EDM.

Reservations are a must as folks were being turned at the entrance.

Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:59 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DCADavis

Its Saturday at 1pm and the music just started. We like it, pretty chill EDM.

Reservations are a must as folks were being turned at the entrance.

Thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
For anyone on paid rate, there is a 4-for-3 offer via Virtuoso thus you also get $100 credit, breakfast etc. Virtuoso rates are also good for a 1-Night stay - Prive have a 2-night minimum.

Does anyone know if the Globalist happy hour in the bar is still available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.