Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Did you receive the 25/50/75/100 unique property bonus?
30.23%
23.26%
11.63%
11.63%
Didn't receive after milestones passed
44.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 12, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Milestone gifts as reported by Flyertalkers.

25 hotels - 5,000 points
50 hotels - 10,000 points
75 hotels - 1 free night anywhere
100 hotels - 1 free night anywhere

500 points for a game. Guess the order of the hotels visited.

Be aware that this is a targeted promotion. Not everyone receives it, and who is selected is a secret guarded by Hyatt.
Print Wikipost

50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 5:15 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Logical????

Really!! LOL.

If you have not noticed, there does not appear to be any logic in how this and last year's UA50 promo are awarded. But if is so logical, can you gace us with it???
Exactly my point if you had actually read what I wrote. There is NO logic to any of this whining. I never claimed any logical explanation for Hyatt's promo, but's that's their prerogative.
Old May 1, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Where's mine whining? Hardly. When Hyatt is losing out on my business and my colleagues business, it turns into a loyalty disservice and nothing laughable. I don't cry and moan over it, just make a plan and act on it.
That's exactly what it is. It's just like the whiny kid who only points to other kids and says "b-but he got more!" Disguising it by saying "well, Hyatt doesn't value me as a customer!" doesn't change that fact.

Does Hyatt reward your says with Platinum or Diamond status that gives benefits as good or better than you would get somewhere else? No? Then leave. Yes? Then it seems they value you as a customer.

Some other guy got something that you didn't and you have no idea why? Sorry friend, that has nothing to do with how Hyatt values you as a customer... it has to do with Hyatt's relationship with THAT guy. It has nothing to do with you.

Abandoning Hyatt over this seems pretty silly if they are essentially delivering a product that is working pretty well for you otherwise (based of course on assumption). But hey, knock yourself out and enjoy Priceline. And the "loss of business" over this is in fact pretty laughable considering the massive... handful of incensed FT customers who are fuming. lol
Old May 1, 2013, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Exactly my point if you had actually read what I wrote. There is NO logic to any of this whining. I never claimed any logical explanation for Hyatt's promo, but's that's their prerogative.
^^

While I find Hyatt's promotions kind of bizarre lately, it's fully in their right to do these promos. The whiners here should be loyal to Hyatt because they like the program and properties. If it's not being included or option to know about an unpublished promo that makes people upset, then they are likely 'gamers' or not cu$tomer$ of high value to Hyatt.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
That's exactly what it is. It's just like the whiny kid who only points to other kids and says "b-but he got more!" Disguising it by saying "well, Hyatt doesn't value me as a customer!" doesn't change that fact.

Does Hyatt reward your says with Platinum or Diamond status that gives benefits as good or better than you would get somewhere else? No? Then leave. Yes? Then it seems they value you as a customer.

Some other guy got something that you didn't and you have no idea why? Sorry friend, that has nothing to do with how Hyatt values you as a customer... it has to do with Hyatt's relationship with THAT guy. It has nothing to do with you.

Abandoning Hyatt over this seems pretty silly if they are essentially delivering a product that is working pretty well for you otherwise (based of course on assumption). But hey, knock yourself out and enjoy Priceline. And the "loss of business" over this is in fact pretty laughable considering the massive... handful of incensed FT customers who are fuming. lol
You think it is only FT? I am having an interesting time asking my IBM colleagues and other business partners if they received the 50K UA bonus and they suddenly perk up and want more info.......yeah, laughable.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
You think it is only FT? I am having an interesting time asking my IBM colleagues and other business partners if they received the 50K UA bonus and they suddenly perk up and want more info.......yeah, laughable.
Yes I'm sure your personal crusade will pay off. No, I'm not laughing anymore. I swear.

Last edited by JonathanIT; May 2, 2013 at 12:52 am
Old May 2, 2013, 7:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
^^

While I find Hyatt's promotions kind of bizarre lately, it's fully in their right to do these promos. The whiners here should be loyal to Hyatt because they like the program and properties. If it's not being included or option to know about an unpublished promo that makes people upset, then they are likely 'gamers' or not cu$tomer$ of high value to Hyatt.
^ ^
Old May 2, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by AJLondon
^ ^
Um, that is laughable. The precise reason I am upset is because I am a high revenue customer and not a gamer.... And also the fact the I have now stayed at 70 unique properties.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok people knock off the bickering.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old May 2, 2013, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Ok people knock off the bickering.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Sowwy. My bad.
Old May 5, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Turns out I got this free night - but (as far as I know) no email or other communication telling me. I just looked in "My awards" and there it was...with an April 2014 expiration, so it must have been awarded last month.

One would think that when a gift this valuable is given away, Hyatt would want to be sure the lucky customers knew about it?
Old May 6, 2013, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Turns out I got this free night - but (as far as I know) no email or other communication telling me. I just looked in "My awards" and there it was...with an April 2014 expiration, so it must have been awarded last month.

One would think that when a gift this valuable is given away, Hyatt would want to be sure the lucky customers knew about it?
did you check your spam folder?

-David
Old May 6, 2013, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
is this regular promotion? And is there time frame restriction?
Old May 6, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by bobovespa
Dear Jeff, thanks for telling us what's going on with milestones. So that you can evolve thoughtfully, think about this:

It was REALLY creepy to get the email which I read as "you have 25 Hyatt properties ... you don't get anything for it, except this reminder that we track everything you do."
Creepy? This is a loyalty program; tracking your stay activity is the whole point. If you don't want Hyatt to track you, then don't enroll in Gold Passport.

I didn't get the award despite paid stays at 55 different properties. I would have liked it (to save either $1,000 or 22,000 points in Sydney later this year), but I kind of like the practice of giving one-off surprises every once and a while. We always say we want more personalized recognition, but yet some people complain when they don't give a one-size-fits-all benefit. We can't have it both ways.

Congratulations to those who received this nice benefit; I don't begrudge you.
Old May 7, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ;
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTech

Originally Posted by ;
did you check your spam folder?

-David
Yes, of course. And I get email from Hyatt regularly (including a monthly statement today). I did not get an email notifying me of this award.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hyatt should introduce a minimum IQ to acquire Diamond status. Some posts here are really embarrassing.

As far as the logic of the 'milestones' is concerned it is pretty obvious that you only receive the free night when you actually hit the milestone.

If you are doing your 62nd property you won't get anything because you hit the last milestone in the past. If last night was your stay at your 25th property, you will get the mail.

Some people here need to relax or go for a loyalty program that is more simplistic to avoid any heart attacks...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Sv5iE...n-GB%26gl%3DSG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.