Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Did you receive the 25/50/75/100 unique property bonus?
30.23%
23.26%
11.63%
11.63%
Didn't receive after milestones passed
44.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 12, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Milestone gifts as reported by Flyertalkers.

25 hotels - 5,000 points
50 hotels - 10,000 points
75 hotels - 1 free night anywhere
100 hotels - 1 free night anywhere

500 points for a game. Guess the order of the hotels visited.

Be aware that this is a targeted promotion. Not everyone receives it, and who is selected is a secret guarded by Hyatt.
Print Wikipost

50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:33 am

Man, I was actually kidding when I posted at the very beginning of this thread that the complaining would commence just like the UA thing last year when this came out.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
I got the UA 50k last time around but not this time. I wonder if anyone got both.

It appears that they are going to "surprise and delight" a modicum of travelers each time with little rhyme or reason.

I actually like it, but was rewarded the first go around so I have a bit of of a cushion. I hope it doesn't start a poop storm from those that were denied twice.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
I hope it doesn't start a poop storm from those that were denied twice.
Especially to some of us that have done everything they can to put ourselves in a position to be considered - tons of properties, multiyear Diamond, got the CC and got no UA bonus. Not feeling the love.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 7:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Vinodavid
I got the UA 50k last time around but not this time. I wonder if anyone got both.

It appears that they are going to "surprise and delight" a modicum of travelers each time with little rhyme or reason.

I actually like it, but was rewarded the first go around so I have a bit of of a cushion. I hope it doesn't start a poop storm from those that were denied twice.
I know someone who got both. He hasn't posted on his thread yet.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Friend of mine got both. I think that it could be the same person we are talking about.

What a bs reply from Jeff. Must have gone through the bs generator several times.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

At least one has.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
Friend of mine got both. I think that it could be the same person we are talking about.
Yes, possibly the same one.

Especially if you mean our friend who would be jumping like a 12 year old at Disneyland.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
89 Unique properties since 1995 and nothing in the mail.

Is this only for US based GP members?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:09 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Especially if you mean our friend who would be jumping like a 12 year old at Disneyland.
See post #13.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Wow! What a garbage reply from Jeff. Take your "special sauce" and shove it up your you know what. You just offended this previously loyal Hyatt fan big time. Your post is insulting.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Not disappointed. Modus operandi. Just proof and another data point that Hyatt will have these lottery type of gifts with no qualification criteria or "special sauce". Ridiculous to some and delightful to others.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Not disappointed. Modus operandi. Just proof and another data point that Hyatt will have these lottery type of gifts with no qualification criteria or "special sauce". Ridiculous to some and delightful to others.
You are not offended when Jeff says: "And, as much as I begged, our Milestones Curators will not reveal their secret sauce." He wants us to believe that the CEO of the company cannot get information regarding the criteria used? What kind of idiot does he take us for? It is bad enough creating a tiered Diamond membership and treating some as second-class Diamond citizens. It is another to lie to our faces about it and expect us to be ok with it. Zidell has absolutely no idea what customer service is about. Unfortunately for Hyatt, loyalty is a two-way street. So take your lies and try and get someone else to believe them Jeff.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I will say it was fun going into the records and charting stays. Mine are 50 different properties since 2007, 80 since 1997.

I sent a note to the milestones e-mail, we'll see if I get a response. And I did receive the UA 50k bonus last year....
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
See post #13.
D'oh, I missed it!
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:10 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
You are not offended when Jeff says: "And, as much as I begged, our Milestones Curators will not reveal their secret sauce." He wants us to believe that the CEO of the company cannot get information regarding the criteria used? What kind of idiot does he take us for? It is bad enough creating a tiered Diamond membership and treating some as second-class Diamond citizens. It is another to lie to our faces about it and expect us to be ok with it. Zidell has absolutely no idea what customer service is about. Unfortunately for Hyatt, loyalty is a two-way street. So take your lies and try and get someone else to believe them Jeff.
In case it wasn't clear, Jeff is not the CEO of Hyatt. Jeff is the VP of Hyatt's loyalty program known as Gold Passport. Obviously he doesn't control every aspect of Hyatt's operations.

Jeff is one of the most open, honest, and forthright loyalty program execs around. The fact that he's unwilling or unable to post the criteria used doesn't make me think any less of him or Gold Passport; it just means that the criteria used are sensitive. Perhaps it's people with a high average revenue per night over the last year. Perhaps it's people who tend to stay more in full-service or international properties, or those who tend to hoard their points, or use them in ways that cost Hyatt less. The point is that Hyatt's budget for this surprise was limited, they picked some bucket of people, and they don't want to alienate the people who weren't picked by informing everyone of the specific criteria.

In some ways, the criteria might be embarrassing to Hyatt or the guest if it were revealed. It could be people who are most "profitable" - those who pay published rates for suites, or who tend to spend large amounts on food & beverage, or who book nonrefundable rates and then don't actually show up. Imagine the reaction if Hyatt announced that they were rewarding those who averaged $500 or more in spa profits last year.

Further, revealing the criteria now sets up a de facto expectation in the future. Imagine that this year, Hyatt has a budget of (say) $500K, and each free night they hand out costs them $250. So they make a list of the people who have stayed at 50 properties, sort it by revenue or profit or some other metric, and hand out free nights to the top 2000 people on the list. Those people all have an average revenue of $350/night or above. If Hyatt reveals this, then regardless of what they say, people who average $350/night next year will expect to receive an award and be disappointed if they don't make the cut.

In loyalty programs and in life, I believe the formula for success and happiness is setting your expectations appropriately. This award was not announced or publicized in any way, so there's no way that anyone here should have had any expectation of receiving a milestone award. By delivering an award to some people, some expectations were exceeded. But no one can rightfully claim to be disappointed because nothing was ever promised. I didn't get the UA 50K bonus, and I didn't get a free milestone night. But I still stay at Hyatt and I'm still pleased with Gold Passport because the philosophy here seems to be to constantly delight by under-promising and over-delivering. This is just one example of that, and I'm somewhat surprised that there are those that are dismayed at such a generous surprise gesture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.