Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:59 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jibi
There is no way they can be completely booked for standard rooms (no point redemption opportunities) from late December until mid April.
One possible explanation: post-hurricane influx of insurance and construction workers. Although I don't know specifically about St. Kitts, I do know that hotel rooms in Houston are harder to find than usual, due to all the FEMA and water-damage workers in town.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
One possible explanation: post-hurricane influx of insurance and construction workers. Although I don't know specifically about St. Kitts, I do know that hotel rooms in Houston are harder to find than usual, due to all the FEMA and water-damage workers in town.
from what I understand: November and December are not prime months for the Caribbean so they opened it up recently. As of right now they see Jan through April as prime time and they don't plan on opening it up anytime soon. As we get closer they might open it up but who knows. But I agree that there is no way that all standard rooms are booked.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just returned from our free stay at the FS Nevis and it was awesome. Rocky start at the beginning of the trip when they called us the day before saying there was a problem that turned out to be the AC. We decided we would rather take the chance versus staying at the Marriott (which doesn’t seem comparable to FS). Not sure what happened but at the end of the day they called and said they put us with a couple we were traveling with in a 3 bedroom villa with a pool! It worked out perfectly and we really enjoyed the resort. The place was empty and the service was great.

Based on this experience we will be booking the PHSK early next year to return. Resort looked close to finished but still a few mobile cranes were at work today. Spoke to a Hyatt staffer today who said they were close and felt good about early November. They also said that the Miraval concept would be used for their spa here and it would be one of the first. Also it sounded like Julian had moved on and someone else had taken over as GM. Looking forward to the first reviews of this place soon!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

Will be staying here on 11/1 for 4 nights, have never been to the island. Can anyone recommend the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I tried emailing hoppa but no response.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Will be staying here on 11/1 for 4 nights, have never been to the island. Can anyone recommend the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? I tried emailing hoppa but no response.
I am sure you can arrange through the hotel but taxis on the island are pretty good. Have never had one try to take advantage and we always confirm the rate before leaving. There were plenty waiting outside of the airport after you pass customs. I would guess it would be around $30 one way for 4 people.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:42 am

Thanks! Is the price lower for 2? It's just going to be wifey and me
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Did the hotel reach out to you yet? It seems they are now only taking reservations from 11/8 and on
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:47 pm

Yes am still on for my 4 night stay on 11/1. They kindly made the one night I was paying for complimentary as well! 4 nights compliments of the management. I will take lots of pictures and will post them here if I could ever figure it out.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:50 am

Aaand the hammer drops. I just got a call from PHSTKITTS. They won't be open for my stay. Now i am scrambling to find a new venue and redo all of my flights. They are covering change fees etc but still...this is ridiculous. Any suggestions? The Four Seasons doesnt look very good.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:53 pm

Aaand the hammer drops. I just got a call from PHSTKITTS. They won't be open for my stay. Now i am scrambling to find a new venue and redo all of my flights. They are covering change fees etc but still...this is ridiculous. Any suggestions? The Four Seasons doesnt look very good.
Sorry to hear that. We stayed at the 4S in May when the Hyatt wasn't ready and loved it. We preferred the quiet of Nevis to St Kitts too but to each their own.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:09 pm

Did they offer you a return stay cert? I have no status with 4S yet globalist with Hyatt, how did 4S treat you?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:36 pm

Sucks. I had a feeling this would happen. Do you think 11/8 check ins would be ok. Or are they still far away?

I was really relying on you for pictures
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:24 pm

Not even a weeks notice - I'm taking that as a sign that they are close... fingers crossed.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:49 pm

The FS Nevis is great, especially if it is free from PHSK! I don’t think it is as nice or even close to what the PHSK is going to be but if the offer is right the FSN is a great choice. I will be returning when this hotel opens and that is based on the great offer from PHSK to stay here. You mentioned you were a glob. They covered our breakfast and transports costs as a glob which is more than I would have received. You also never know what room they will put you in. We received a villa with a private pool during our stay which made it better than most hotel resorts just based on that!

We also had a scare the day before our trip here but we made the most of it and it all worked about. Hopefully the same will happen for you!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83
The FS Nevis is great, especially if it is free from PHSK! I don’t think it is as nice or even close to what the PHSK is going to be but if the offer is right the FSN is a great choice. I will be returning when this hotel opens and that is based on the great offer from PHSK to stay here. You mentioned you were a glob. They covered our breakfast and transports costs as a glob which is more than I would have received. You also never know what room they will put you in. We received a villa with a private pool during our stay which made it better than most hotel resorts just based on that!

We also had a scare the day before our trip here but we made the most of it and it all worked about. Hopefully the same will happen for you!
They were trying to steer me away from the FS not sure why. They even offered me rooms at the Andaz Maui!

It just couldn't work as our stay was only for 4 nights. I priced out the St Regis Punta Minta and have sent them the costs. It's the only comparable hotel in my mind. The Andaz Mayakoba is just not the same. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow morning as I need to finish booking as I depart in just a few days.

Its crazy that they didn't let me know earlier. It's so stressful planning this stuff at the last minute.

They haven't offered me a return trip which I am sad about but I wanted to finalize my holiday plan given how little time I had.

In terms of the opening, they said that maybe they would open 11/4. Which again didn't work for us as I had my mother in law fly in to watch the kids.

What irks me is that they moved the opening date to 11/8 a few weeks ago. They could have let me know back then. Will let you know how it turns out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.