Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Grand Room in Kauai also gets my vote.

I also liked the Regency room in Vancouver.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by flyer121
. Any experiences with Grand Hyatt Dubai?
Club lounge is pretty good - review here (scan down page a bit). Breakfast was a reasonble choice, although much better downstairs. Chocolates and fruit throughout the day, good evening food. No champagne but reasonable sparkling wine.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by price123
Club lounge is pretty good - review here (scan down page a bit). Breakfast was a reasonble choice, although much better downstairs. Chocolates and fruit throughout the day, good evening food. No champagne but reasonable sparkling wine.
Lounge attended 24H with a great team - special section for families with children - nice view on the Dubai Creek on one side - F&B could be improved as there was more choice and better wines previously.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, UA Premier Exec, CX Gold, Diamond GP, Hilton Gold, RC Gold
In order of preferences

Excellent thread.

Grand Hyatt NYC - the new lounge was terrific. The old one was terrible, but the new one with the outdoor patio is an excellent meeting spot. Most memorable in recent history.

Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong - stunning view. Small lounge. Decent food.

Grand Hyatt Singapore - there are two lounges. The one in the new tower is amazing. The one one in tha back is not as nice. Both have excellent food. The breakfast and cocktail are excellent.

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou - super friendly staff. Decent food. But it's a small lounge. Nice view of Guangzhou.

Grand Hyatt Bangkok - great breakfast and cocktails. Amazing staff. But the lounge itself is a bit dated.

Grand Hyatt Macau - decent food, but the staff was mediocre and not very friendly.

Grand Hyatt San Francisco - decent lounge for meetings, food apis acceptable

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Beverly Hills - the lounge doesn't do the property justice.

Hyatt Regency Chicago - one of the worst lounges ever. They really need to invest in this property especially since this is home court for Hyatt.

Honorable mentions: Park Hyatt Place Vendôme and Hyatt Regency Paris were great places to have breakfast for diamond members. Despite not having a lounge, the restaurant for breakfast and bar for cocktails were very memorable.

Looking forward to staying at some of the lounges mentioned and seeing Hyatt invest in these great assets for building brand loyalty.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: hyatt
nice list ktp28
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ktp28
Excellent thread.

Grand Hyatt NYC - the new lounge was terrific. The old one was terrible, but the new one with the outdoor patio is an excellent meeting spot. Most memorable in recent history.

Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong - stunning view. Small lounge. Decent food.

Grand Hyatt Singapore - there are two lounges. The one in the new tower is amazing. The one one in tha back is not as nice. Both have excellent food. The breakfast and cocktail are excellent.

Grand Hyatt Guangzhou - super friendly staff. Decent food. But it's a small lounge. Nice view of Guangzhou.

Grand Hyatt Bangkok - great breakfast and cocktails. Amazing staff. But the lounge itself is a bit dated.

Grand Hyatt Macau - decent food, but the staff was mediocre and not very friendly.

Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Beverly Hills - the lounge doesn't do the property justice.

Hyatt Regency Chicago - one of the worst lounges ever. They really need to invest in this property especially since this is home court for Hyatt.

Honorable mentions: Park Hyatt Place Vendôme and Hyatt Regency Paris were great places to have breakfast for diamond members. Despite not having a lounge, the restaurant for breakfast and bar for cocktails were very memorable.

Looking forward to staying at some of the lounges mentioned and seeing Hyatt invest in these great assets for building brand loyalty.

Grand Hyatt Macau - stay there for 2 times, food is same always,
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Grand Hyatt SF on Stockton

The lounge was recently remodeled and it is gorgeous. The lounge is exquisitely decorated with a modern, warm,with very subtle sexy undertones.

We are staying here this week and I can attest that the lounge staff is friendly and welcoming. They clearly want you to enjoy your stay and offer their assistance the minute you look their way.

The lounge is portrayed as offering a continental breakfast with pastries, fruits, and beverages. Yet, there is much more than that. There is hot cereal (oatmeal), frittata with diced ham (may change daily?), assorted cheeses, along with bagels, toast and cold cereal.

Oh, and the gorgeous SF view from the 32nd floor! Breathtaking!

I cannot say it is THE best lounge but it is one of our favorites!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:21 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
For me of those with lounges I've been to:

1 - Singapore: (new tower) found it to be quite elegant with a decent spread and perfect service
2 - Manila: great service including check-in, nice spread, enjoyable evening cocktails, nice views
3 - Casablanca: fantastic service including check-in, small but still enjoyable and calm
4 - Bali Hyatt: great atmosphere, wonderful staff and unlimited champagne/beer
5 - Santa Clara: because its not open on weekends and I get my 2500 pts
6 - Maui: Really very disappointing spread and way too crowded
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh. The Regency Club in addition to the self serve food and alcohol, has its own pool off the balcony, and a private beach only for club guests to escape the crowded main hotel beach with a jetty from which you can snorkel. Free drinks, including coffee, are also available on the Regency Club beach.
Probably a silly question, but did you find clealiness ok here.. alot of hotels in Sharm have hygene problems, my sister has been there twice (although not at this hotel!) and got stomach upset badly both times!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by ktp28
Excellent thread.

We stayed at the PH Vendome and enjoyed beers in the bar (just 2) and were surprised at a bill of 30 euros! Paris seems to be incredibly pricy to drink anywhere in the centre. Although the bar was nice, it did not merrit this price.

The PH Zurich offers an excellent breakfast, outstanding! and their beers are better value. We prefer the PH Zurich to Paris. PH Milan also has a nice brekky but as diamonds you only get parts of it for free as a diamond, and other parts you have to pay for but they dont tell you this til you check out!! Neither has a club lounge.

PH Hamburg is the only ph with club lounge and its meant to be nice.. The hotel is beautiful but i cant comment on the lounge as we were not diamonds on this stay. we loved the hotel but found hamburg fun for 3 days but not much to do beyond this.

Intercontinental park lane in London has the best lounge for our experience BUT costs around £80/night so the Hyatt churchill wins for us
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Basic with all others.
1. Hyatt Regency San Francisco - revolving lounge, night time offerings included two-three entree choices, soup, salad, amazing apps and sweets.

2. Hyatt Huntington Beach - incredible views, although the offerings are pretty standard fare.

3. Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay - amazing views of wildlife preserve, nightly offerings included shrimp and scallops, sweets are some the best.

4. Hyatt Regency Denver - Less stuffy than the grand, and great offerings every night - they got me on nightly sweets - 2 different kinds of cake/pie and petti-fores. Attentive staff and incredible views.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
this should probably be separated into 2 lists -

IN the US and NOT.

from everything I read there is no comparison...

but IN the US I would have to go Gainey Ranch. the location is great (although a walk from some of the rooms) and the pastry chef is excellent.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
At the PH Milan, The waitress made special note to tell me: "you are a Diamond, you can have whatever you want"

That was ~ 2+ years. Can you confirm that this has changed?

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
... PH Milan also has a nice brekky but as diamonds you only get parts of it for free as a diamond, and other parts you have to pay for but they dont tell you this til you check out!! Neither has a club lounge. ...
.)
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I have been to the Capitol Hill Hyatt in DC twice. One time the lounge had lobster tail. The next time it had London Broil steak. Loved it, great dessert and wonderful staff.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
I have been to the Capitol Hill Hyatt in DC twice. One time the lounge had lobster tail. The next time it had London Broil steak. Loved it, great dessert and wonderful staff.
Sounds like our tax dollars at work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.