Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:07 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by FD1971
Hyatt Regency Brussels-Barsey

Hyatt Regency Oak Brook

Hyatt Regency SJC
Originally Posted by cs1985
never heard of this hyatt, and i dont find something about it...
Former Hyatts - from quite some time ago - 10 years?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:14 am

Waikiki for me. The old one that is. have not been to the new one yet. I remember when the booze was free and flowed over the top. Mark is the best. Love his Mai Tais at happy hour.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: All of them
Bali Hyatt club really impressed me. The food was very good and there were plenty of options. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or more helpful. The only drawback was the coffee. Man, that stuff was terrible, but the smoked marlin, the brie, the muesli, the omelets, and basically everything else they offered more than made up for the bad coffee....also the lattes and cappuccinos made up for the bad coffee.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
My favorites -

Grand Hong Kong - top floor views, excellent food

Istanbul - great service

Mainz - nice view of river & food

Berlin - good food

London Churchill

In the US not quite the same calibre, but my favorites are generally at the resorts (glad they changed the diamond rules to include them now)

Kauai
Scottsdale
Grand Cypress
Indian Wells
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
At the GH Hong Kong right now... leaving in a few hours. GREAT property! Highly recommend the Club staff [Jake and the crew] and the property as well. Will have to come back soon!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Originally Posted by peteropny
Former Hyatts - from quite some time ago - 10 years?
Yes, Hyatt tried twice to have a hotel in Brussels. In the 70's there was a first attempt with a brand new construction Rue Royale just behind the Botanical Garden. The second attempts in the 90's was the Tagawa Hotel - rebranded Hyatt - Avenue Louise. In both cases, location were not good and it did not last long. By the way, the Brussels Barsey had no club lounge. There was also an attempt to have a Hyatt in Antwerpen in the 90's. Except for some sales meeting with the European Union offices, Hyatt's efforts in Belgium remain non existent and the brand is hardly known in the Benelux market. The Andaz Amsterdam is definitively going to be a challenge, especially outside the summer window. Amsterdam has already some nice boutique hotels, with great staff...coming from Hyatt.

Last edited by Ducatibiker; Jul 5, 2012 at 1:05 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
By the way, the Brussels Barsey had no club lounge.
^
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mrdebit
PH Melbourne.
^

This is definitely in my top 2-3 club lounges, period - excellent, relaxing atmosphere with great food and drinks.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:22 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The PH MEL lounge is exceptional for two reasons: Evelyn and Mirna.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I did agree with the PH Melbourne but from reading the grand Hyatt in melbounre was better . Im on my way to the GH hope I made the right choice.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:05 am

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong TST.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt Shanghai - decent food, decent liquor selection. Although the Starwood Le Meridien down the way has a better lounge.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AS 75k, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by goAsia
Bali Hyatt club really impressed me. The food was very good and there were plenty of options. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or more helpful. The only drawback was the coffee. Man, that stuff was terrible, but the smoked marlin, the brie, the muesli, the omelets, and basically everything else they offered more than made up for the bad coffee....also the lattes and cappuccinos made up for the bad coffee.
I couldn't agree more. The staff was fantastic, and I thought that the food options were pretty good. My wife and I just returned from a trip there, and, unlike some other places, the club is one of the things that will likely draw us back. Of course, Bali itself isn't too bad either.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Best Club Lounge

Grant Hyatt Melbourne Australia is Amazing. Any experiences with Park or Grand Hyatt Dubai?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by flyer121
Grant Hyatt Melbourne Australia is Amazing. Any experiences with Park or Grand Hyatt Dubai?
No lounge at the PH Dubai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.