FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Best Club Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1361367-best-club-lounge.html)

cs1985 Jun 28, 2012 10:27 am

Best Club Lounge

Dear Community,

i found no thread in this way...

Your experiences about good club lounges at Hyatt?!

Greetings:)

CanfordCliffs Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hyatt Churchill London has Just refurbished their lounge

Ive just returned from there.
1. there are now 2 lounges, the "old one" and a new one which is adults only and much quieter and much emptier (noone seems to use it)
2. the good; comp beverages throughout the day inc beer, not restricted to a happy hour.
now do eggs for brekky
nice pastries and continental brekky, like the yakult like the muffins!
evening meal can suffice for a dinner, bread fish (smoked) nachos and dips, v nice deserts cheesecakey yum. but we usually also have room service (poor club sandwich but nice mixed kebab meat dish selection for £29!)

On another note they have refurbed their rooms on the club floor- really nice result and the improvements have tempted us away from the intercontinental (ic does have a better lounge and far superior view and brekky BUT costs £80ish and has a happy hour drinks otherwise only soft bevs during the day.

LASUA1K Jun 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Some dont like it but I really like Grand Cypress Orland. Great dinner offerings. Cocconu Shrimp, beef, etc.

FriendlySkies Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm

The Churchill lounges are quite nice, and the staff are very friendly. My other favorites are the Grand Lounge in Kauai, Regency Club in Maui, and the Grand Lounge at the GH Hong Kong.

mrdebit Jun 28, 2012 6:41 pm

PH Melbourne.

Mary2e Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Remember the good old days when Waikiki had the best club, hands down? I haven't been there in a year, and after the move, it certainly looked nicer, but it had changed.

Shame. People used to stop at that hotel just to go to the club. I suspect that's no longer the case.

jfhscott Jun 28, 2012 10:02 pm

definitely not Regency Chicago.

Late night hs a decent bar with quite fair prices. Breakky this morning had nothing warm, unless you toasted it. No eggs. No hot breakfast meat. Smoked salmon was quite good, and views are excellent.

m0hamed Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am

Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh. The Regency Club in addition to the self serve food and alcohol, has its own pool off the balcony, and a private beach only for club guests to escape the crowded main hotel beach with a jetty from which you can snorkel. Free drinks, including coffee, are also available on the Regency Club beach.

hailstorm Jun 29, 2012 5:54 pm

I've heard lots of really good things about the club lounge in the Grand Hyatt Tokyo thread, though I've yet to go there myself.

FriendlySkies Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 18839723)
Remember the good old days when Waikiki had the best club, hands down? I haven't been there in a year, and after the move, it certainly looked nicer, but it had changed.

Shame. People used to stop at that hotel just to go to the club. I suspect that's no longer the case.

+1

Although it's nice to have a larger club, I really miss the old lounge. It was much better than the current setup.

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 18845234)
I've heard lots of really good things about the club lounge in the Grand Hyatt Tokyo thread, though I've yet to go there myself.

From my stay in January, I though it was a bit average. Definitely nothing to make it feel special.

hailstorm Jun 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18845242)
From my stay in January, I though it was a bit average. Definitely nothing to make it feel special.

Well, if I were going solely for the club lounge experience, I wouldn't go to a Hyatt. I'd go to a Ritz-Carlton.

FD1971 Jun 30, 2012 4:03 am

Hyatt Regency Brussels-Barsey

Hyatt Regency Oak Brook

Hyatt Regency SJC

crystak Jun 30, 2012 4:18 am

Hmmm..

GH Kauai
HR Waikiki - although the offerings are not amazing, the views, balcony area and the staff make up for it! I never saw the 'old' lounge so I can't comment on that.
GH HK
GH Macau (before the change)

cs1985 Jun 30, 2012 5:26 am

Originally Posted by FD1971 (Post 18846706)
Hyatt Regency Brussels-Barsey

never heard of this hyatt, and i dont find something about it...

Shanye2233 Jun 30, 2012 5:54 am

Originally Posted by mrdebit (Post 18839536)
PH Melbourne.

+1