Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

Too bad for us ---but their economic thinking makes sense.

Originally Posted by lbskinny
I asked about this! and the answer is "No". They will not be adding a RC because with the amount of families that come through, they would be losing money. At least that's what the FD agent told me.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:22 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by holtju2
Had a stay at the newly renovated Conference King the other week. Renovations seems to be on time that is quite a surprise.
Thanks for the pics, the room looks great! Honestly, I didn't even have a problem with the rooms before, they were not even that well worn. I love the new TV's except I'm afraid that as with many Hyatt's the system they are hooked up to still gives a terrible picture, and no HD. I am hoping when the renovations are complete they have an upgrade planned for the whole system.

One question though. I liked the way the old TV swiveled on the surface of the cabinet that used to be there... it looks like they replaced it with a new unit that goes to the ceiling. Can the new flat panel TV in the living area be turned at all towards the rest of the room? I enjoyed watching TV while working at the conference table on my computer. I hope this is still possible.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The new front desk has been open since Wednesday. The OC Brew house is set to open tonight and the restaurant Tusca tomorrow on Saturday the 4th.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Just booked a room at this hotel for an upcoming stay and I noticed that putting "G3" into the promo code box would only return package rooms (awaken, amore, etc.) But, don't put it in and you get numerous options. This happens when looking for BAR or Gov't rate. I'll just add it later, but thought others might want to know.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Always put the Gx request in the comments box. Don't disturb the rate, unless you intend to.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:17 pm

Explore package

Basically $199 for room + $100 disney card.

Anyone know if this is an "eligible" rate for stays etc?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by bob1952
Basically $199 for room + $100 disney card.

Anyone know if this is an "eligible" rate for stays etc?
Yes, basically any rates on Hyatt.com are eligible for HGP credit.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:34 pm

Tusca's menu in line with many of the other Hyatt brand restaurants.

In addition they have maybe 10 items which distinguish them from the rest, primarily paninis, pasta and pizza.

The omelets were also very good, hopefully they will keep the quality up.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I jsut completed my 5th stay at this hotel this year. The property was adjacent to a meeting I was having this morning, and I managed to get a good rate.

I checked in at about 8:45 and was told that the hotel was sold out, so I wouldn't receive a suite upgrade. I received a remodeled room in the South Tower on the 17th floor, which was fine for my purposes.

About an hour after I checked in, I received a curious call from someone on the hotel staff (in retrospect, I should have gotten their name) who asked me whether I was planning to stay in the room last night. I was shocked to the point of calling the front desk to ask what would cause the hotel to think I was not staying there. The front desk staff denied any knowledge of the call.

Well, things got worse, about 45 minutes later, I received a knock on my door, and there was a hotel guest insisting that he had just been checked into my room. The FD manager managed to sort things out such that I did not need to move, however I find that this situation is alarming.

First of all, it is not the hotel's business whether I choose to stay in the room or not. The FD manager did acknowledge that he knew of a number of guests who checked in and left and even indicated that some of the folks released their rooms back. Coming in with a suitcase at almost 9 pm, I suspect that the FD staff should have known that I was staying. Hotel threw some points at me, and I went on my way this morning.

I have had nothing but good experiences at this hotel up to now, and I am inclined to let this go, but I do feel that the situation warranted mention here.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Trustguy
The FD manager did acknowledge that he knew of a number of guests who checked in and left and even indicated that some of the folks released their rooms back...
Okay, which flyertalker spoke to the FD manager about MRing?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
My guess is that the hotel has had a few local guests who have chosen not to stay in the room. The hotel is able to sell the room again to another party. However, there might be rules against this, which is probably why they were so quick to hand Trustguy points after mistaking him for a local guest on a mattress run.

FWIW, I stay at this property at the end of trips to Southern CA, so I actually need the room.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I have had nothing but good experiences at this hotel up to now, and I am inclined to let this go, but I do feel that the situation warranted mention here.
Yes, thanks for the heads up. I stayed at this property many many times from last fall through January, and I always had a good experience as well. I think I only failed to get an upgrade once. I did not know they were double booking rooms from MR's, it is good to know.

I always used the room myself.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:07 pm

I just made a reservation for the first time in a few weeks and for the first time I see they are now offering NOR1 upgrades.

The "Gold Passport" (note it does not specify Diamond) upgrade is only to a "Newly Renovated Room".

They offer a 1 bedroom King Suite for $10/night, and a Conference King for $15/night. I hope they still offer these rooms to Diamonds for free!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I just made a reservation for the first time in a few weeks and for the first time I see they are now offering NOR1 upgrades.
I am probably in the minority that likes Nor1- esp if I feel strongly enough about grabbing what I want rather than rolling the upgrade dice...
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:01 pm

Are they still offering on line "24HR" promo on Wednesdays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.