Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Raffles
The pool and jacuzzi complex on the roof were fantastic - one of the best I have ever used - and, unlike Roppongi, free. [...]
Can anyone confirm that the pool & jacuzzi area is still free (regardless of status) ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Sep 27, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
One month ago it was free, so I guess it's still the case.
Rates are >200€ per night, so I think it's rather fair to allow guests to use the Wellness-area for free
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Excellent hotel. Stayed there earlier this month. As stated previously in this thread the hotel has a PH feel to it despite it being a GH. Tried all 3 places to eat and all were quite good. Although if staying here I recommend trying the Bistro at the Ritz around the corner at least once
Old Sep 28, 2008, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
One month ago it was free, so I guess it's still the case.
Rates are >200€ per night, so I think it's rather fair to allow guests to use the Wellness-area for free
We'll be staying there on an FFN with no status, so we're trying to make the most of it.

Also, do they usually offer upgrades at check-in, with either points or cash ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Sep 28, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by yann
We'll be staying there on an FFN with no status, so we're trying to make the most of it.

Also, do they usually offer upgrades at check-in, with either points or cash ?

Thanks,
Yann
Seems as you will be in the same situation as I was

I stayed one night on FFN ( I have only Gold-Status, which is the lowest membership). During the Check-In procedure I asked for an upgrade. They told me that this was not possible. Then I asked for a payed upgrade and they offered me a Club-Room for 65€. In my opinion it's worth it.

Have fun!
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:01 am

Club Lounge will definitely pay for itself at 65 euro. Great breakfast spread and evening service. You don't even need dinner.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:28 am
Community Director Emerita

Also, there is a computer to use free in the club lounge. (There is not free wireless, however.)
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
A fantastic hotel! Stayed here for New Year's Eve and upgraded my four nights to a Grand Suite - best pick and highly recommended. Definitely Park Hyatt standards: impeccable service, great room interior and great amenities (complimentary minibar including four huge carafes with Campari, Whiskey, Gin and Vodka - never seen that before). Great location as well. Will return for sure!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by SMK77
A fantastic hotel! Stayed here for New Year's Eve and upgraded my four nights to a Grand Suite - best pick and highly recommended. Definitely Park Hyatt standards: impeccable service, great room interior and great amenities (complimentary minibar including four huge carafes with Campari, Whiskey, Gin and Vodka - never seen that before). Great location as well. Will return for sure!
Hey,

so we should have met! no Suite for us at that time , but Club ! Great , i love that club!
Will stay there again with a group of ten mid-january! :-)))
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
The description for the grand club king says the lounge has wireless lan included. Has anyone confirmed this?
Also, does anyone know about wired or wireless internet rates from the room?

Club King amenity description from the website:
"Exclusive amenities and VIP accommodation are yours in this 38-sq. -metre room featuring one king bed, deluxe marble and cherry wood bathroom with tub, rain shower, heated floor, flat-screen TV, mist-free mirror and Aveda products. Innovative room touches include fax machine on request, wireless Internet, complimentary fruit and bottled water. Enjoy the private Grand Club lounge featuring continental breakfast buffet, afternoon tea with biscuits and chocolates, evening drinks with canapés, wireless LAN access and a separate conference room. "
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Club Lounge will definitely pay for itself at 65 euro. Great breakfast spread and evening service. You don't even need dinner.
Would you think it's worth it for 90€ ?

We're going there tomorrow and have to make a decision quickly.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

I wouldn't pay 90 euros. That's a lot of money for a pleasant but smallish lounge. If you pay, and God forbid, sleep thru breakfast, there goes a lot of the value. Also, if I paid that much, I'd feel constrained to be in the lounge during the hours when there are food offerings, instead of being out and about in Berlin.

That's just one person's opinion.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Would you think it's worth it for 90€ ?

We're going there tomorrow and have to make a decision quickly.

90 € for 2 ?
i wouldnt do it either. for 90 € you can get a nice breakfest outside and also a dinner....you are in berlin.... there is so much to go and see outside...
The hyatt has 3 Restaurants on the base floor, which are very nice.
The club food is very nice for a "free" club but not for 90 €...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by monoflight
The description for the grand club king says the lounge has wireless lan included. Has anyone confirmed this?
Also, does anyone know about wired or wireless internet rates from the room?
Wireless access is available throughout the hotel including your room and the lounge.... It costs 18 Euro per 24 hours
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Can anyone confirm that the pool & jacuzzi area is still free (regardless of status) ?

Thanks,
Yann
Yes, Pool, Gymn and Jacuzzi/steam rooms are included in the hotel rate. Please keep in mind that the sauna/steamroom is shared so bring your bathing suits or do what Europeans do: bare all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.