Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by ainternational
I had an absolutely horrible stay here last weekend. Bunch of service failures. Confirmed room type (with the manager directly a few days earlier) was not provided, no explanation given. Then, an unclean room upon arrival. Had to call to the manager 3 times to get promised amenities. Had to call housekeeping 3 times before they got a request for 2 toothbrushes right.

Fortunately the renovated club is slightly nicer. I was surprised though that the staff saw no problem in putting out celery sticks so brown that they actually were mushy and smelled terrible, right there on the appetizer buffet. When I mentioned they may want to take them away at the risk of getting customers sick, they did so, literally saying no words back. Strange.

I've always had service issues at this hotel, but I must say, my interactions with the managers on duty was terrible at best. Fortunately there are some other staff at this property who are delightful to speak to. Despite that, I absolutely will not be returning. No other Hyatt I've stayed at globally has such consistency in bad service.

The club has not been renovated yet at Hyatt SF, it is closed for 3 months. Were you at the SF Hyatt or the Grand Hyatt?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by wilma
The club has not been renovated yet at Hyatt SF, it is closed for 3 months. Were you at the SF Hyatt or the Grand Hyatt?
Oops, my bad, I was referring to the Regency SFO! Will remove my post.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by ainternational
Oops, my bad, I was referring to the Regency SFO! Will remove my post.
I've been staying at the HR SFO at least once a month for 16 years. I've always had outstanding service and management is very attentive. If you want to PM me I will give you the e-mail address of a manager I know there. There can always be off days, but you indicate that it's been a recurring problem for you.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
It's interesting that some were offered a $100 gift card and others weren't. I'm staying here in December and was offered only the full buffet breakfast. Does anyone know how one gets the $100 gift card?

ERQ
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
It's interesting that some were offered a $100 gift card and others weren't. I'm staying here in December and was offered only the full buffet breakfast. Does anyone know how one gets the $100 gift card?

ERQ
I've received a $50 gift card when I choose the food option of the Diamond welcome amenity instead of points. That's the only time I've ever been offered the gift card. I've never been offered $100.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Perhaps multi-night stays?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
Perhaps multi-night stays?
Personally I was thinking it might be for some of the stay&play style rates they often offer.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:46 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

ERQ
As I posted above, I wasn't told about the $100 gift card until I responded to the email about the closed lounge and breakfast buffet inquiring about other breakfast options. This was for a single night's stay.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
As I posted above, I wasn't told about the $100 gift card until I responded to the email about the closed lounge and breakfast buffet inquiring about other breakfast options. This was for a single night's stay.
Same here about the email, and I had to ask about it at check-in. Mine is a two night stay.
The lady at the check-in counter said no gift card available so they put the $100 credit on my account. Not sure how that works. Would it offset my rate? :P
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:35 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fledglingraptormoon
Same here about the email, and I had to ask about it at check-in. Mine is a two night stay.
The lady at the check-in counter said no gift card available so they put the $100 credit on my account. Not sure how that works. Would it offset my rate? :P
It doesn't offset your rate--I asked. They didn't have a card for me either. They put a $100 F&B credit on my room. You can use it at the Eclipse Restaurant and at the Market next door. At the end of the stay I walked into the Market and asked for pastries for the remaining balance and brought them to the office.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Was here last night. No gift card offered, nor any mention of 2500 points for lounge closure. And then they billed me for breakfast ($41.20).

On the plus side, the buffet options have increased since last time I was here.

On the negative side, there was a fair bit of construction noise in the lobby at 8:30 a.m. (not disclosed on the website at booking). And the cheap shower assembly (looks like they bought these at WalMart for $9.99) would not stay in vertical position, making it nearly impossible to take a decent shower.

This was likely my last stay here, paid SF stays will move to SPG in 2017. Definitely will not miss it.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Kacee
Was here last night. No gift card offered, nor any mention of 2500 points for lounge closure. And then they billed me for breakfast ($41.20).

On the plus side, the buffet options have increased since last time I was here.

On the negative side, there was a fair bit of construction noise in the lobby at 8:30 a.m. (not disclosed on the website at booking). And the cheap shower assembly (looks like they bought these at WalMart for $9.99) would not stay in vertical position, making it nearly impossible to take a decent shower.

This was likely my last stay here, paid SF stays will move to SPG in 2017. Definitely will not miss it.
Ick. Definitely going to press for the $100 GC when we stay NYE. That said, despite my experiences here being mostly positive, I can't see myself staying here anymore either since my Hyatt Visa free nights won't be valid. This place was an incredible value as a Cat 4. Even with allegedly subpar rooms and lesser food than other Hyatt SF options (seems to be the consensus, even if I disagree), I loved the location, having a balcony every time and enjoying the view from the Regency Club.

Alas this will also be good justification to stay away from SF.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Check in today, they did provide $50 F&B in lieu of welcome amenity.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Check in today, they did provide $50 F&B in lieu of welcome amenity.
checked in 10 minutes ago and got the same.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond since 1989, Singapore Air PPS now Gold, AA Gold Since 1982, Starwood Gold
Noisy but improved food with F&b credit

just stayed one night and wished I had chosen Grand Hyatt SF but was promised suite upon calling which was needed with kids

1-Lobby food has improved and was open late as we had MAC n cheese and decent clam chowder at 10pm when nothing else in the area is open.

2- The window insulation with balcony room is terrible as you can hear loud street noise and cable car noise early morning even 10 floors up. Non balcony rooms may be quieter.

3- breakfast Comp was added which I did not use and discovered some random charge for breakfast. I was not given explanation if waitress had friends use my comp but hotel promised to follow up.

4- For less than $200, the hotel is passable but rather pay $100 more to be at Grand Hyatt or same price at Hyatt SFO. We really need an Andaz and Park Hyatt in SFO and Palo Alto.

5- I did get 2500 points for closed regency Club

GT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.