Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Andaz5
They still have the Christmas lights up... this property has gone so down hill I would not even put my in-laws in this dump.

But everyone has their own taste.

I could not disagree more! No way is it a dump - that`s ridiculous. It is very clean and nice, the people are wonderful and responsive. The Club Room has fantastic views and a nice breakfast and evening snacks. You can also have a balcony which is very nice to sit on in the evening.
Old May 10, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by HookEm
I could not disagree more! No way is it a dump - that`s ridiculous. It is very clean and nice, the people are wonderful and responsive. The Club Room has fantastic views and a nice breakfast and evening snacks. You can also have a balcony which is very nice to sit on in the evening.
Agree. It's a very nice hotel. And those aren't Christmas lights- they are clear strings of lights that hang down in the atrium. My only dislike is that the dressing area/sink is part of the room and not in a separate bathroom as is at most higher end hotels.
Old May 10, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I just stayed there last night for an in-town stay. I did not find it the best hotel in town or the greatest Hyatt I've ever been to, but it is pretty decent and got a killer X40 (1440) room which was great -- separate living room, huge balcony/view, RC, two bathrooms and more room than my in-town apartment. Staff was great and interested in pleasing during a special stay. I was very pleased and would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to stay in this part of town.

PS -- I was told by my friend staying with me that he had heard that the "Christmas light" strings were put up to dissuade those interested in suicide off one of the high floors. Not sure if that is true or not -- but, I think I had heard that before a few years back as well.

Last edited by AA_SPG_Fan; May 10, 2014 at 7:12 pm
Old May 10, 2014, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Andaz5
They still have the Christmas lights up... this property has gone so down hill I would not even put my in-laws in this dump.

But everyone has their own taste.
It's a dump because they didn't take down the christmas lights? If you consider this a dump, I'd be curious to hear how you would rate a Motel 6 or Best Western...
Old May 10, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I wouldn't call them "Christmas lights". IMHO, the lights have a softening effect. Without them, the hotel would look very impersonal and cold due to its vast open space and concrete. I found the staff quite nice, the rooms very clean, and one of the best RCs I've ever been to.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:05 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:47 am
Old May 11, 2014, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Everyone has different taste... For my taste the recent renovation the Grand Hyatt have made it a far superior hotel. At the SF Hyatt Regency the club might be a bit better but the public areas needs a major renovation, it's tired, dirty and dated.

Originally Posted by angatol
Wow. Am there now. I really like this place. Great club with good food. Nice atrium with the lights. SFO on the Bart is so convenient. Almost always get a balcony room. What's not to like? Am here at weekends for the next couple of months as I find the Grand Hyatt poor in comparison.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:30 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:23 am
Old May 12, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Everyone has different taste... For my taste the recent renovation the Grand Hyatt have made it a far superior hotel. At the SF Hyatt Regency the club might be a bit better but the public areas needs a major renovation, it's tired, dirty and dated.
I second this - the only thing going for the HR is the RC. The rooms are very very tired at this hotel w/ the recent refresh @ the GHSF the RC rooms with the wood floors are very nice in comparison to the HR.
Old May 12, 2014, 11:41 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Old May 12, 2014, 4:11 pm

I love the balcony rooms in the HR. Nice view and it's great to be able to open out the windows to get some fresh air. The windows in the GH open about 2cm (unless you pick the lock ).
Im less than 50/50 on getting the balcony side of the building... Im assuming others are seeing a similar statistic.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:21 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Old May 12, 2014, 6:17 pm

I've stayed there 7 or 8 times and only recall getting a non-balcony room once.
apparently I must have pooped in their cereal or something.... cause Ive got the balcony twice in the last 10 or so visits. Diamond for whatever that is worth.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Just stayed this last weekend first time as a Diamond and was upgraded to Embarcadero Suite. We loved the room and really enjoyed the Regency Club perks. Great views and enjoyed being able to open the sliding doors.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by number21
Just stayed this last weekend first time as a Diamond and was upgraded to Embarcadero Suite. We loved the room and really enjoyed the Regency Club perks. Great views and enjoyed being able to open the sliding doors.
My wife and I are here right now and we were upgraded to the suite as well. Very nice and so far no noise issue even though we are on the second floor. Great view in the RC, serving pizza pasta and calamari for snacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.