Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Reston or Hyatt Dulles ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi,

was able to find a topic on the Regency Reston in the FT Archives, but it is a little bit dated...

Would you still recommend the Reston property and can anybody confirm that they
have an airport shuttle ? Is it running hourly or by request ?

Thanks !!

Patrick

Old Feb 20, 2003, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Not sure about the shuttle, but I would pick the Reston location, lots of shops and resturants, movie theater even an ice skating rink all within a short walk away from the hotel.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 5:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
The Reston Hyatt has an airport shuttle to IAD. Not sure, but I think it operates on a schedule (about once or twice an hour).

BTW: I stayed there in April last year.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 3:46 pm

The Hyatt Dulles shuttle is every half-hour on the 15 and 45 minute mark. The Reston shuttle is once per hour on the 45 minute mark. Reston has lots of shops and restaurants, Dulles is out in no man's land (I mean absolutely nothing nearby). If shuttle frequency is not an issue, use Reston.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Reston is my monthly stop and it is one of the top two or three in No VA. The shuttle runs, I believe, every hour on the half-hour, but you better call.
The restaurant is very good and there is a great gym to work off the calories.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 8:47 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
The Dulles Hyatt is very ordinary --it's almost a twin of the Fair Lakes Hyatt in Fairfax. It's a std. airport hotel, theoretically the rooms are all "suites" but they're more just a divided room. It's from a particularly less-than-stellar era of Hyatt. Give it a pass unless you're stuck at Dulles. Never stayed there, but if you have a choice, I've never heard anything negative about Reston.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 8:26 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I've stayed many times at the Hyatt Dulles, close to the airport, usually can get airport view rooms. They are a bit bigger and have a small "parlor" area with a desk. Diamonds are treated well and the communication I've had with the GM there has been positive. I've gotten Hyatt Internet rates there as low as $69 per night.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
I know this is an old thread, but Im trying to decide between Hyatt Regency Dulles vs Hyatt Regency Reston for a one night stay after a 1 AM arrival into IAD later next month. Given that we are not renting a car, which would be the easier property to get to at that hour of the night? Does HR Dulles have a shuttle that runs that late?

Points-wise, HR Dulles seems like a better deal at 6500 per night vs 12000 per night in Reston. Are there any reasons you can think of to fork over the extra points for Reston?

Since there arent really any food options around it, does HR Dulles have some decent breakfast options on site?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
I stayed at HR Dulles last year quite a bit as it was the only one that worked for my commuting patterns. Ended up on first name basis with most of the FDAs, the GM, and the F&B folks so admittedly, by the end of my stays there, I was getting much better service than most. At that time, 24 hour shuttle service was available upon request, but could be slow in the midnight hours... may be worth a call to confirm they still do it. If not, Uber was relatively inexpensive compared to Reston.

Unless you're going to Reston for a reason, there's no point in the extra points expense or drive.

Globalist breakfast was the buffet option with a made to order omelette or any one a-la-carte entree. The breakfast sandwich on a croissant was good too, as far as hotel breakfasts go. The new-at-the-time F&B Manager was really motivated to get their stuff right and was receptive to my reviews.
jsnearline likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by fezzington
Unless you're going to Reston for a reason, there's no point in the extra points expense or drive.
Really just looking for a place near the airport to get a bit of sleep and a bite to eat before heading to Arlington the next morning. I’ve stayed at the Reston Hyatt a couple times and while is a shorter drive to the Wiehle/Reston East Metro, that’s really the only advantage I can think of.

There must be an event going on at HR Dulles when we’re planning to be there. The member rates start at $362 for that night. It makes the 6500 point price look like a steal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.