Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyintheback
Are all the standard rooms renovated or just some?
AFAIK none of the standard rooms are renovated, only the deluxe and possibly view categories.

Originally Posted by rsh145
I was still able to reserve for August 2024. I don't think there has been any announcement of closing right? Just speculation?
When did you make your reservation? There has been zero availability next summer onwards for a few weeks now.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The last day I could find availability on the Hyatt website was June 4th. On Ikyu, there is a several month gap in availability, but for whatever reason the entire month of December is available.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by rsh145
I was still able to reserve for August 2024. I don't think there has been any announcement of closing right? Just speculation?
I talked to a front desk agent today and they said the hotel will be closed for maintenance inspections for an unspecified/unknown amount of time starting early this summer.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Got a bizarre response when I mailed about availability in December:

As you mentioned in your message, it appears that all of our rooms are unable to book somehow in December 2024.
It is our shame that we are unsure the detailed reason, but we would appreciate it if you could kindly make a contact with us or access our official website frequently as rates and availabilities are subject to change.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:30 pm

Sounds like someone just used Google Translate, which is not exactly what you would expect from a global chain hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Had concierge call about fall availability and front desk couldn't give them any reason why a few months were blocked off.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:09 pm

Cash availability for June but no points.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:53 pm

From their website:

Notice of Facility RenovationUpdated on January 31, 2024Thank you for your valued patronage to Hyatt Regency Tokyo. We are scheduled to carry out renovations of our guest rooms, lobby, and restaurant sequentially starting from May 2024. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your kind understanding for changing operation hours and related changes. Generel Manager
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
From their website:

Notice of Facility RenovationUpdated on January 31, 2024Thank you for your valued patronage to Hyatt Regency Tokyo. We are scheduled to carry out renovations of our guest rooms, lobby, and restaurant sequentially starting from May 2024. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your kind understanding for changing operation hours and related changes. Generel Manager
So that means they're renovating it and it won't be torn down any time soon. Maybe a 2nd life for this hotel?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Neric
So that means they're renovating it and it won't be torn down any time soon. Maybe a 2nd life for this hotel?
I hope so, but what worries me is there is no inventory from August 2024 to March 2025...
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Renovation is much needed. The room in my first night was disappointing, old. The second room was much newer.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Neric
Who knows, maybe all the massive demand with insane 40k yen rates is rejuvenating them.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:15 am

Of the 17 suites, how many are standard? Found one and it was snatched up before Hyatt could pick up the phone to apply a suite upgrade. Wishful thinking Nother one appears.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by soy
'Better days' is all relative, what is considered worn out in Japan is very very different to what it would be in USA. I stayed last year and while the style was older, the condition was impeccable. I have stayed in worse 'new' hotels in the US
Sure there are better places in Tokyo at a higher price point, but its a good value as a CAT4 IMO
I am here now, and agree...somehow I ended up in a much worse room (condition wise) as Globalist than I recall from 2016-18 when I stayed here several times. Of course, I knew suite upgrade was no chance,chancellor we got was "upgrade" to view room (on Fuji side) w 2 twin beds. If wanted King bed then no "upgrade".

I'm sure I remember previously having a sliding "blackout" shade on the window? But this is just curtains- which let in lots of light at 0530.

Regarding the lounge, have no complaints regarding food or bev...just that, for me, the hours are ridiculous. I mean really...no breakfast til 0700 for us jet-lagged North Americans? I just want to get in and have a cup of coffee at 0600 (or at least 0630). I need to be at my biz site by 0800, so that precludes anything but a quick rushed breakfast. And then no extension of hours on weekends?

And in evening...you really need to kick everyone out by 8 pm? Unbelievable that we just can't sit in the lounge and relax. It must be the only Intl lounge with such short hours...has it changed? Maybe I just forgot - but I've stayed here at least 10 times prior.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:29 pm

Had a 5 night stay as a Globalist last month, booked two rooms on points. It was my 3rd or 4th time staying at this hotel.

Room 1: King room booked on points upgraded to deluxe with views of the park
Room 2: Atrium suite with 2 queens booked on points (used a TSU)

Both rooms were great and in great condition.
Breakfast spread and evening hour doves in the Regency Club were acceptable and you could make a full meal out of it if you liked, but as a frequent visitor to Tokyo I preferred eating elsewhere.

Great value for a cat 4, I hope it doesn't go up in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.