Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lsquare
What a ripoff...

Do I have to pay for it now?
Someone staying post renovation (8/1) would need to comment if it's still available for selection and purchase.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Aventine
Someone staying post renovation (8/1) would need to comment if it's still available for selection and purchase.
Just looking at the ingredients and the estimated 20-30 minutes to make it, I hope no one paid ¥1200 for the omelet.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Just looking at the ingredients and the estimated 20-30 minutes to make it, I hope no one paid ¥1200 for the omelet.
The option was there so perhaps Japanese guests did pay for it.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
The option was there so perhaps Japanese guests did pay for it.
I'm just shaking my head...🤦‍♂️
Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Why is everyone focusing on the omelet? 1200 yen for a fried egg!!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
That's why...
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Must be quite the egg. /s

I remember thinking to myself that there were onsen eggs and boiled eggs to help yourself to at the temp. lounge buffet. Why would anyone pay 1200 yen for that? I guess labor costs in Japan?
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:19 pm

Interestingly, I cannot apply a club access award to my stays at HR Tokyo in August. However, I can do it for a stay where the first night is Sep 1, 2023.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by godsquare
Interestingly, I cannot apply a club access award to my stays at HR Tokyo in August. However, I can do it for a stay where the first night is Sep 1, 2023.
Basically, if a club access room is not available, you will not be able to apply a club access award..
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Even if a Club Access Room is available for revenue booking, properties are allowed to refuse Club Access Awards based on anticipated high demand. I've only seen reports of this actually happening at Hawaii properties, but it is not impossible that it might also occur elsewhere.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 4:53 am

Regency Club Lounge (9th floor)
Closed period: May 15 - August 1, 2023

I suspect they flag the club lounge was closed for the whole August in the system, so Hyatt central reservation is not able to apply the award.

Same case or GH Fukuoka (its lounge was closed for renovation for a quite some time). The Hyatt coincerage was not able to attach the club access award, but I managed to do so without any issue by emailing to GH Fukuoka's reservation team directly. YMMV for HR Tokyo's case tho.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woresu
Regency Club Lounge (9th floor)
Closed period: May 15 - August 1, 2023

I suspect they flag the club lounge was closed for the whole August in the system, so Hyatt central reservation is not able to apply the award..
But they never stopped club lounge service. Several years ago, I had no issue using a club award when the lounge was moved to a temporary location.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:33 am

After much debate, I decided to stay here with a paid rate plus suite upgrade to the Regency suite. My other options were GH and Centric on points but no suites available. At least it saved a ton of points and the reviews look decent for the place. A few months ago, I was able to book the PH on points so I was able to experience it....haha
Old Aug 23, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I decided the opposite. Recent reviews say hotel feels abandoned. No atmosphere. So despite having the most Hyatt points than at any other point, I've booked a $100/night small room at a local hotel and will save points for a better Hyatt another time.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
I decided the opposite. Recent reviews say hotel feels abandoned. No atmosphere. So despite having the most Hyatt points than at any other point, I've booked a $100/night small room at a local hotel and will save points for a better Hyatt another time.
I'll post a review, I'm not expecting much. But I'm paying for the room with cash and using the upgrade cert, going with the family, so a suite would be nice I figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.