Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:18 am

Oh well

I’ll be staying here during my stay in Tokyo next month. Can’t be worse than a fresa or apa hotel. Which I like
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:32 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It’s certainly cheap now in USD. I’ve got it for December for ¥17,100 and applied a suite upgrade in advance. Rarely cared much about the shuttle or pool anyway.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Oldjeezysghost
I’ll be staying here during my stay in Tokyo next month. Can’t be worse than a fresa or apa hotel. Which I like
wow ravelerMSY's December rate is great. Also look for the Motto Tokyo 2022 rate which includes full breakfast and upgrade if available 25,247 yen include all their taxes/service charges. (72 hour cancellation). Breakfast in the Japanese restaurant used to be very special pre-covid.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Breakfast in the Japanese restaurant used to be very special pre-covid.
It was literally a completely different restaurant before COVID. Three restaurants have since closed and been replaced by ones run by the chain Nadaman. Two others have closed and been replaced by nothing.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It was literally a completely different restaurant before COVID. Three restaurants have since closed and been replaced by ones run by the chain Nadaman. Two others have closed and been replaced by nothing.
Ugh... From the website I see that the only breakfast is in the Caffe restaurant. How was the buffet?

Last edited by fmkgb; Oct 9, 2022 at 4:51 pm
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Ugh... From the website I see that the only breakfast is in the Caffe restaurant. How was the buffet?
Okay. But if you're going as a Globalist, you'll be limited to what is served in the club lounge instead.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Okay. But if you're going as a Globalist, you'll be limited to what is served in the club lounge instead.
With the breakfast--included rate to which fmkgb is referring, if they are a Globalist they should be able to have breakfast both in the Cafe and the club lounge if they. It is sometimes nice to have breakfast in the restaurant and they coffee in the more relaxed atmosphere of the lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:27 pm

I assume no concierge here anymore? Staying in Tokyo a few days next month and was desperately hoping to see the special exhibit 150th anniversary display of national treasures at the Tokyo museum and even had an alarm to buy tickets the moment they went live for the window of my stay and they were all gone, the entire 2 week window within 60 seconds. Absolute total ********. Would love to ask the hotel if they could help when I am there but I highly doubt there is anyone at this property anymore or is there still a concierge there?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66
I assume no concierge here anymore? Staying in Tokyo a few days next month and was desperately hoping to see the special exhibit 150th anniversary display of national treasures at the Tokyo museum and even had an alarm to buy tickets the moment they went live for the window of my stay and they were all gone, the entire 2 week window within 60 seconds. Absolute total ********. Would love to ask the hotel if they could help when I am there but I highly doubt there is anyone at this property anymore or is there still a concierge there?
There should be a skeleton staff at least.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:17 pm

Well I just emailed the general hotel email but am not expecting much. Really furious I cannot get tickets to this but guess I will hope...I am half tempted to go to the PH concierge while in town and ask them for help
Old Nov 20, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xcollon
Checked out yesterday for 2 nights.
Don't think shuttle bus is coming back. Walking/taking subway should be ok as long as you don't have excessive luggage.

Breakfast at lounge was very mediocre. 7-10am I think.
Free fruit and cake from 2:30-4pm (didn't go, had other arrangements).
HH from 5pm to 8pm (didn't go).

Occupancy rate seems to be ok. During certain time of the night there were even line ups at check in.
What was the breakfast like? I know mediocre is what you said, but I'm curious about more details. I've got a reservation here as a globalist and am curious what I'm getting. I've done the Hilton across the street for years and always been super impressed with their breakfast, be it in the lounge or in the restaurant itself. Am I looking at a few pastries and some fruit? Eggs, meats, etc? Japanese and western options? TIA for the details.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sorro
What was the breakfast like? I know mediocre is what you said, but I'm curious about more details. I've got a reservation here as a globalist and am curious what I'm getting. I've done the Hilton across the street for years and always been super impressed with their breakfast, be it in the lounge or in the restaurant itself. Am I looking at a few pastries and some fruit? Eggs, meats, etc? Japanese and western options? TIA for the details.
It's more than only continental items but not beating Hilton these days. Yesterday had salads, breads and Japanese/Western hot items. Definitely understaffed like the rest of the hotel and dish clearing can be slow.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 20, 2022 at 6:56 pm
Old Nov 26, 2022, 3:18 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Would you take a suite here as a globalist, with a TSU, versus taking a regular room at the Hilton as a Diamond? I do eat breakfast, but I’m not super picky about it.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't stayed here yet, but I've stayed at the Hilton a few times.

Unless you get into one of the higher category rooms at the Hilton, I find the base rooms to be pretty unremarkable, and in some cases dirty and unappealing. Breakfast in the lobby there is very extensive, although my last stay in January 2020 I was extremely disappointed to find out that they no longer allowed Diamonds to have breakfast in the Japanese restaurant, which was amazing and the whole reason I booked there. I haven't stayed there since COVID so I don't know if there have been any changes.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Is the Concierage here helpful with making restaurant reservations and recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.