Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
We just completed a three night stay here using P+C and DSU. We were assigned a Park Suite overlooking the end of the pool and an office block. The hotel looked to be jam-packed with Australian tourists headed up the Mekong to Siem Reap.

The property was great - room was supremely comfortable and spacious. Breakfast each morning was terrific, I especially appreciated the fresh pomelo which is my weakness when I visit SE Asia. Service was terrific at every interaction.

Location is great and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:10 pm

Poor lackluster service, as usual. Not offered in-room checkin, even with hinting, until I actually asked (3 people at front desk, not lacking staff). My concierge already put in early arrival time so the room was ready. When I asked when they offer it lady said to people who arrive by limo, because they know when they arrive.
Then asked for another key (3 persons so obviously should have 3 keys, not 2) and she told me to swing by the front desk to get it.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:26 pm

Anybody know the trick for the power outlets? They look universal but definitely are not.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know the trick for the power outlets? They look universal but definitely are not.
Trick?

1) find outlet
2) find plug
3) place male plug in female outlet

Worked fine for me yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Trick?

1) find outlet
2) find plug
3) place male plug in female outlet

Worked fine for me yesterday.
Are the rooms different?
They obviously aren't simple because they have adapters provided in the room. I think most are euro-style plugs, though one lamp plugged in was 3-pronged US style.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Are the rooms different?
They obviously aren't simple because they have adapters provided in the room. I think most are euro-style plugs, though one lamp plugged in was 3-pronged US style.
Lam Son Suite I am in has several universal plugs (euro prong/UK style/us style). If your plug is us style with a larger prong on one side (such as on a curling iron or maybe a laptop charger) it may not fit. Grab a EURO/UK->US adaptor. Easy fix. Other plugs are euro prongs (for lights ect)

Im sure the front desk has adaptors if you don’t have one.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Lam Son Suite I am in has several universal plugs (euro prong/UK style/us style). If your plug is us style with a larger prong on one side (such as on a curling iron or maybe a laptop charger) it may not fit. Grab a EURO/UK->US adaptor. Easy fix. Other plugs are euro prongs (for lights ect)

They did provide adapters, but the adapters dont fit well. You have to shove really hard and then it is somewhat sideways.
Is that just to be expected?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They did provide adapters, but the adapters dont fit well. You have to shove really hard and then it is somewhat sideways.
Is that just to be expected?
Made in China poor fitment stuff. Just take it easy pulling off the adapter or you can crack your Apple charger (I did).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by footastic

There was an adapter in the Park Suite I was given but I didn't need it. On one side of the bed I had my phone plugged in and on the other my computer. Both (US style) plugs fit fine with no hassle.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:25 am

How’s explorist treatment here? I’m not a globalist anymore, so no free brekkie. Is there a lounge, or just restaurant? Room upgrades common? Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rbw5t
How’s explorist treatment here? I’m not a globalist anymore, so no free brekkie. Is there a lounge, or just restaurant? Room upgrades common? Thanks for any info!
Park Hyatts almost never have lounges. This one is no exception either.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be at the PH Saigon in November. Any update on treatment of Globalist, especially suite upgrades?
magicmug likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be at the PH Saigon in November. Any update on treatment of Globalist, especially suite upgrades?
No upgrades - two one-night stays so far this year (Feb & Aug). App showed standard suite availability, but I'm not the type to argue.

Great breakfast, though.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by solewalker
No upgrades - two one-night stays so far this year (Feb & Aug). App showed standard suite availability, but I'm not the type to argue.

Great breakfast, though.
Thanks for your quick reply. Let’s see if I will have better luck.

Can you give examples as to how the breakfast is ´great’?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sapguy

Thanks for your quick reply. Let’s see if I will have better luck.

Can you give examples as to how the breakfast is ´great’?
very large and adequate buffet, fresh Pho that was delicious, very good Vietnamese Coffee, ...,.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.