Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Warsaw - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 19 Mar 14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Warsaw - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 19 Mar 14

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Your observations are correct. The Hyatt Warsaw dont upgrade you to better rooms. Even as a very regular diamond guest, I have to ask sometimes for a large and good club room. The suite upgrade vouchers bring me regularly to a junior suite, also on extremely low occupancy.
Zurich Flyer, are you posting under a new nick?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Excellent stay!

Had an excellent week stay in late July (just back) at the Hyatt Warsaw. Paid rate of ~$70 US/night, used suite upgrade, and booked a "kids rate" for a connecting room ~$55 US/night!

Some highlights:
Staff-A++++++++ Everyone went out of their way for us. I did find out the conceirge likes to send guest to the top notch eateries-when all i wanted was a family dining option! (see below)

Rooms:
A++++++++ As European standards go, HUGE and clean! Not much more to say here-but really nice rooms

Lounge:
Great evening service. Free drinks (alcohol too). The attendant even ordered us delivery pizza one night for our room-went WAY above!! Had breakfast one morning in lounge, then the restaurant the rest of the week. All i did was give room #, and my name was on a "list" of free breakfast. Confirmed with front desk-Diamonds can eat in restaurant in place of lounge!!!

Sites:
Had a personal tour guide-PM me for info if you need one. She is very inexpensive and did a GREAT job w/our family/kids.

Restaurants:
Warsaw is packed w/great options to eat-but NOT near the hotel. Stay away from 1-the hotel (overpriced), 2-Belvedere, 3-white goose, 4-the cafe. To eat-spend the ~$8usd and go to old town. PM for recommendations if you would like.

Overall I would give the Hyatt the following ratings:
Staff - 10/10
Hotel - 10/10
Location - 6/10 (only because it is cheap to town via taxi, otherwise a 3/10)

Last edited by PhillyPhlyer40; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:29 am Reason: additional info added
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:26 am

Thanks for that PhillyPhlyer.

Thinking of trying this property during my next Warsaw trip. I go probably every two weeks for 2-3 nights and have always stayed at the IC due to RA status and location. I have four suite upgrades to use during the autumn so thinking of using them here. They do seem to have a problem with the AC over at the IC.

Deems like Diamond on a suite cert is getting a great treatment and good value for money.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Petrus
Thanks for that PhillyPhlyer.

Thinking of trying this property during my next Warsaw trip. I go probably every two weeks for 2-3 nights and have always stayed at the IC due to RA status and location. I have four suite upgrades to use during the autumn so thinking of using them here. They do seem to have a problem with the AC over at the IC.

Deems like Diamond on a suite cert is getting a great treatment and good value for money.
Unfortunately and like so many other posts by him recently, the comments by PhillyFlyer are not really describing the situation objectively.

If you take some more time to read through the thread, you will find out that the property is too far away from the city center, the lounge is closed regularly ( breakfast downstairs used to be truly world class, but they reduced the offerings in recent years ) rooms are standard European Hyatt Regency quality ( so for somebody from the US indeed far more luxurious, but nothing too special and not particularly clean (!) or large...property is getting a little bit dated ) and the entry level suite is also just a junior suite...

Club Olympus is often crowded...

Rates are also significantly higher in comparison to the Hilton, SPG and IC hotels downtown, especially if you use 2 for 1, BTT rates etc.

Standard Hyatt Regency property in Europe.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FD1971
Unfortunately and like so many other posts by him recently, the comments by PhillyFlyer are not really describing the situation objectively.

As a resident SPG apologist, it is amazing you are over at Hyatt bashing a Hyatt location!

If you read my post, I put "location" as a 6/10 and only because the taxi's are cheap.

The breakfast, IMO, is world class.

My rate was $125USD for a SUITE and a connecting room totalling ~900sqft, how is that not worth the money??

As for rates, the Hyatt has always been cheaper-when i have looked!
Case in point, for 9/14-9/16:
Hyatt $93/nt
LM Bristol $380/nt
Hilton $132/nt

Not sure how you get Hilton/SPG is cheaper???

Oh, and this hotel does NOT charge guests 3000 points/nt to use the executive lounge!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40

As a resident SPG apologist, it is amazing you are over at Hyatt bashing a Hyatt location!

If you read my post, I put "location" as a 6/10 and only because the taxi's are cheap.

The breakfast, IMO, is world class.

My rate was $125USD for a SUITE and a connecting room totalling ~900sqft, how is that not worth the money??

As for rates, the Hyatt has always been cheaper-when i have looked!
Case in point, for 9/14-9/16:
Hyatt $93/nt
LM Bristol $380/nt
Hilton $132/nt

Not sure how you get Hilton/SPG is cheaper???

Oh, and this hotel does NOT charge guests 3000 points/nt to use the executive lounge!
That's quite easy..., because I stayed at all mentioned properties numerous times, so have a bit more experience ( good and bad ) than you after just one stay....
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok people - here we go again - NO commentary on other members (each member's perspective is probably a little different as well as each stay is a unique set of circumstances).

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Sep 2, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Ok people - here we go again - NO commentary on other members (each member's perspective is probably a little different as well as each stay is a unique set of circumstances).

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Thanks Peter...and absolutely right...

My perspective-
Quiet room, nicely appointed, that is clean and spacious. (HR Warsaw)
Lounge with nice offerings including alcohol (HR Warsaw)
World-Class Bfast (HR Warsaw)
cheap to get to downtown (HR Warsaw)
SAFE (HR Warsaw)

Now, if you want the outside chance of a suite u/g-NOT confirmed, try SPG properties in Warsaw. I stand by MY review-great hotel with great staff and great bfast!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond

My perspective-
SAFE (HR Warsaw)

Now, if you want the outside chance of a suite u/g-NOT confirmed, try SPG properties in Warsaw. I stand by MY review-great hotel with great staff and great bfast!
+1
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:43 am
Suspended

My perspective-
SAFE (HR Warsaw)

For the more experienced traveler in Europe that translates into my previous post, aside from that:

Instead if a cheap transfer downtown, one might decide to stay downtown in the first place.

Certainly it is also safer downtown, the area around the HR can get pretty empty, especially on the park/embassy side... @:-)

The world class breakfast is a regular Hyatt Europe breakfast, slightly inferior to places like Hamburg or Berlin ( which are truly world class )

It used to be better in Warsaw some years ago..., basically a full brunch back in the days... @:-)

Standard Regency Club, quality of food offered is inferior to the competition in Europe ( maybe except Paris ) but the quantity is rock-solid. Again, it used to be better back in the days ( same with so many Hyatt properties )

Free alcohol is common in Hyatt club lounges in Europe

Rooms are getting older, as a Diamond one should get one of the bigger rooms, not the ones facing the courtyard.

Rock solid property, but the competition downtown offers lower rates for most of the time ( BTT, 2 for 1 etc. )

Westin and IC are often available in the 40's ...

Again, this is absolutely common in Europe...aside from a mediocre sale every once in a while, Hyatt does not really discount in Europe...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:17 am

Thanks for the info to both of you
After having done around 35 nights at the IC the last 10 months I thought it would be nice with a change.

Yeah, IC location can't be beat. Having a Senior or Jr suite in the high 30's or low 40's provides stunning views. However, the IC does have an average breakfast, inconsistent staff and minor service issues. For sure, more or less everyone knows me by name and it is special treatment all over.

But, a change of scenery would be nice. So, I booked 2 nights IC and then will switch to the HR for my last night next week as a test.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I have always stayed at the Sofitel Victoria in Warsaw... Of course quite a good hotel, and almost everybody knows me by name there.

But, with Hyatt Diamond, and for a one-night stay where I'm paying, I am thinking of doing a BRG from EK to 105 EUR a night (Nov. 13/14). Any other BRG you can think of that's quite good? Or anything else? Any other recommendations?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: SK*G, Club Carlson Concierge, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
We had an excellent stay earlier this autumn. Booked a queen room and was upgraded to a Regency Suite King on club floor without using a suite certificate. We got also a bottle of red wine and some fruit as diamond amenity. As Hyatt Diamond, we could also choose between free breakfast in restaurant or in the lounge.

As for the location, it is a bit outside the city center. However, it is an easy taxi or bus ride to town (4-5 stops). The bus was very easy (and cheap) as the bus stop is right across the street from the main entrance of the hotel and a lot of busses goes to town (116, 180, 195, 503). We usually stopped at “rondo de Gaulle” and walked to old town via a nice and modern shopping street called “Nowy Swiat”.

There is an entrance to Lazinski park close to the hotel, and it was nice to go jogging there. Every Sunday from May to September it is also an outdoor Chopin concert in the park. Overall, we were very happy with the stay and will for sure return next year.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I had an excellent stay here earlier this week. Staff could not be more pleasant. As Plat was upgraded to an average club level room. The rooms are typical for Eastern Europe Hyatts, much nicer than many US locations. Woke up at 4am due to jetlag and decided to take advantage of the awesome gym (the front desk clerk was happy to open it early for me per policy). Nice pool too though did not use it. The only downside was the mediocre lounge - no midday food or snacks, no alcohol, basically useless. Not a huge deal as I got a nice fruit welcome basket in my room and free breakfast in the restaurant (plus free wifi). Speaking of which the wifi connection was sporadic, kept dropping my facetime calls.

As noted above the hotel is not particularly close to the rebuilt "old town" in city center but the bus across the street is cheap and easy. Hotel will also provide airport car service at 60z, which is roughly double what I paid for taxi (30z = $10). IC might be a better choice for an extended stay as there is a mall next door and more within walking distance. But I would not hesitate to stay here again, particularly as it is more convenient to our offices.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Some thoughts after a short stay...

Had a one night stay here, lowest category booked and upgraded to regency club room (base status only).

The location is not that bad but rather remote. Must use a Taxi (or public transport) in any case to get into the center. In summer it must be great since there is a huge park directly round the corner.

It is an older property compared to IC and Hilton. However, the rooms are in a good condition and offer enough space. Large bathrooms with separate shower stall. If you are not keen on any view you might want to ask for a room on the inside of the building, it is much more quiete than other rooms face a large street.

The Club Lounge is nice and offers some view towards the city center (palace of culture). Cannot judge on breakfast, but the evening spread is quite nice. Selection was limited without hot items, but a really good quality. Alcohol is only available during the evening (for up to three hours, depending in the staff in place). Apart from this there is a limited snack offer (e.g. some cookies etc.) during the day.
No free internet available, even club guests have to pay the standard (high) fees.

Staff is great, a huge advantage over Hilton, IC, Westin etc.

However, I did not really like the wellness area. Everything looks/seems rather dated, bad air in the pool area. Steam sauna is totally mouldy.
The gym is ok but older equipment as well.

Last but not least I would consider the breakfast as the best one you can get in a hotel in Warsaw. Large selection of high quality (!) food incl. made to order eggs, freshly squeezed juices etc.

I would not reccomend this property for tourists. For business purposes it depends on the location of your meetings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.