Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Delhi REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Delhi REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm not sure what the Diamond amenity is at this property. It almost seems standard that there is no Diamond amenity at this property.
my diamond amenity was a box of truffles and a bottle of wine. The box of truffles was very nice.

Everyone should get a diamond welcome gift. If you dont - just ask.

There is a luxury tax of 10% which you can expect to be charged to you if you are in any upgraded room (i.e. a suite).
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bmw303
my diamond amenity was a box of truffles and a bottle of wine. The box of truffles was very nice.

Everyone should get a diamond welcome gift. If you dont - just ask.

There is a luxury tax of 10% which you can expect to be charged to you if you are in any upgraded room (i.e. a suite).
The luxury tax is charged by this hotel even when the upgraded room is not a suite -- the luxury tax is charged by this hotel even on standard rooms booked as an award night.

About this property's diamond amenity welcome gift, no harm in asking but its fulfillment should really not come down to having to ask for it so often. Was that diamond amenity granted on a regular paid rate stay or an award stay (or both kinds of stays)?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The luxury tax is charged by this hotel even when the upgraded room is not a suite -- the luxury tax is charged by this hotel even on standard rooms booked as an award night.

About this property's diamond amenity welcome gift, no harm in asking but its fulfillment should really not come down to having to ask for it so often. Was that diamond amenity granted on a regular paid rate stay or an award stay (or both kinds of stays)?
it was a paid stay but that shouldn't matter. the hotel staff there is quite friendly, and I'm sure they will give it if asked.

You're right though - asking shouldn't be necessary. I cant recall if I asked for it or if I was offered.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:58 am
Suspended

So guests who book regular paid Regency Club rooms get the airport transfer included as a benefit of the RC room, guests who book regular paid Regency suites or get upgraded into the suites get the airport transfer included, but Diamonds given a complimentary upgrade to Regency Club rooms do not any longer get the airport transfer included as a benefit? It would seem so, even as it's a very strange way to treat Diamond customers.

How about the airport transfer for Hyatt customers who use points or certs to upgrade into a RC room?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
hyatt Regency Delhi

not sure about the bimmer but the transfer seems included for a club room via points - we are there in December - here is what the reservation states

============
Room Description:
Gold Passport Club Room Club King
1 King Bed: Airport Transfers/Breakfast
Cocktails/1hrboardroom Usage/Internet

Rate Description:

Cancellation Policy:
Cancel 12pm Hotel Time 48 Hours Prior To Arrival
=================

The confirmation email states the following - looks like we are going to be stuck with the tax - it states 10% though and not 30% like I read earlier in this thread? Anyone have a clarification?

Type of Rate GP CLUB ROOM*
Luxury Tax applicable. Photo ID required on Check-In. Additional Tax & Service Charges
10.00% tax
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by lutzboy
The confirmation email states the following - looks like we are going to be stuck with the tax - it states 10% though and not 30% like I read earlier in this thread? Anyone have a clarification?

Type of Rate GP CLUB ROOM*
Luxury Tax applicable. Photo ID required on Check-In. Additional Tax & Service Charges
10.00% tax
The Luxury Tax is on the rack rate of the room you stay in rahter that the room you book. So if I book a regular room at INR 10K and the rack on that room is INR 15K I will pay INR 1.5K tax if the tax is 10%. If I book a regular room at INR 10K and am upgraded to a club room and the club room's rack rate is INR 30K I will pay INR 3K tax or essentially 30% of the rate I'm paying.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
thanks for the clarification yosithezet- appreciate it.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:59 pm

Suite pics

Stayed in a suite. Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ncy-delhi.html
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Anyone got any up to date info on free car service to airport? I am thinking about booking and using suite upgrade. Will this get the car service? If not then if I book a club room will I get offered the service?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Anyone got any up to date info on free car service to airport? I am thinking about booking and using suite upgrade. Will this get the car service? If not then if I book a club room will I get offered the service?

Thanks
If you book a club room you should get the car service.
If you use a suite upgrade, you WILL get the car service.
If you're a Diamond, not using a suite upgrade, you will most likely get a club room and possibly a complimentary suite upgrade, but you will not get the car service.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:06 am

Just finishing my second stay at this hotel and it has been about the same as the first - unremarkable but nothing notably infuriating. Zero diamond recognition. I have a rate that includes breakfast and club access, but no mention, no thanks, no underhanded comments, no diamond amenity, no card from the management, nothing. The people in the cafe restaurant are great and they put on a fantastic spread. They know my order, my name, my room, etc. The regency club is fine. Nothing to speak of. The people manning reception have no idea who I am. No contact unless I initiate it. Every day is like they haven't ever seen me before. No upgrade - see above. Room, as they all are, is small and overlooks a parking garage. I asked for an upgrade and was denied. I was part of a larger group for two days and then I stayed two extra on my own. At the end of day 2 I asked for a room with a better view and was denied. Also asked for hypo allergenic pillows due to my allergies to duck fur and I realized the next morning that they had only brought one and left three duck pillows on. Shame on me for not checking but I wouldnt have thought i needed to, especially since I mentioned my allergies. Internet has been unreliable but decent when it works. Power goes out four or five times a night, but it does in all of Delhi. The room is functional but small. About 275sf. Almost all of their rooms are identical, though. Even their "suites" are very small. Around 450sf. Bathrooms are nice but small with a funny square tub and a really nice rain shower with wand. Public spaces are beautiful. The lobby is well designed and inviting. The Chinese and Italian restaurants were good but expensive. The pool is fantastic. They are constructing a residences building but I didn't hear much construction noise. They are also redoing some of the floors (currently 5) and colleagues on those floors complained. I was on 6 and didn't hear any noise.

Comparatively, the ITC took much better care of us. They were much more doting and I was upgraded preemptively for an extended stay for a nice room. There was a billing argument, but it was resolved. Hyatt, I just feel like I am another guest. The biggest annoyance is the pillows since I am not entitled to anything more than being treated like another guest, but it would have been nice to get a thanks. Their staff needs to be trained by Mumbai Grand Hyatt staff members, who are much warmer and more personal than Delhi. Breakfast at both the Delhi and Mumbai Hyatts were much better than the ITC. Internet at the ITC is horrible horrible horrible. Although all internet in India is bad, it was extraordinarily bad in the ITC.

Would I stay again? I don't know. I hopefully won't have to come to Delhi too many more times, but I will say that the Hyatt isn't a foregone conclusion and I would really have to consider the circumstances of the stay. At this point, I would actually probably hit the Taj Palace.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:57 am

Another lack luster service at the Hyatt Delhi. I was here last week. Very similar experience as Darren had last year. Also, they are still charging luxury tax for award stays. No more airport pick up for Diamond or Club guests.

Construction is still going, but I didn't hear any noises.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:31 am
Suspended

The construction is part of an approved plan to increase the Hyatt Delhi's floor space by around 160,000 square feet above what it was allowed to have years prior. This 160,000 sq.ft. build-out includes: (primarily) space for serviced apartments in a new block; some retail space; some additional regular rooms to the existing two sections of the building; and a new conference/ballroom.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on the construction? The hotel website indicates no difference in room number or facilities from a few years ago.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:10 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Couple of questions please:

1. Using a confirmed diamond suite upgrade and not sure what to expect re. Luxury tax? Any recent experiences?

2. Do they allow (diamond) breakfast to be taken in the cafe, instead of the regency club?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.