Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think he wants the booking to guarantee that category - Diamonds are entitled to the best non suite room available - so it could be not available or (pure conjecture here) the property doesn't routinely upgrade to that category (many properties don't).

But applying a DSU, you could book into a lower category than the entry suite - we did the same thing at the GH HKG with the former free suite nights for Diamonds on the credit card (since discontinued).
OK. But why is Club Deluxe Room better than entry level suite?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Entry level suite is large, but the furniture is old and they are all on the ground floor of each two storey villa so minimal ocean views.

Where the entry level suite had extra space, these area one floor up are two huge balconies with outdoor furniture allowing you to enjoy the ocean view.

Think of the Club Deluxe as a junior suite. If you have a family I guess the former may better suit your needs
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Entry level suite is large, but the furniture is old and they are all on the ground floor of each two storey villa so minimal ocean views.

Where the entry level suite had extra space, these area one floor up are two huge balconies with outdoor furniture allowing you to enjoy the ocean view.

Think of the Club Deluxe as a junior suite. If you have a family I guess the former may better suit your needs
Thank you. That makes sense.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:13 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TerryK
Thank you. That makes sense.
Request 9111 or 9211 if asking for a Club Deluxe. These two are adjacent (on either side) to the Club, club pool and have good views.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Request 9111 or 9211 if asking for a Club Deluxe. These two are adjacent (on either side) to the Club, club pool and have good views.
^:-:
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:03 am

^:-:
PM Terry and I'll give you the Regency Club manager's contact details. He is delightful.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
NEWS ?

Any recent updates here?
Want to use DSU. Any hints on that ?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Nobody been there in the last months ?
We followed mohammed rule to ask for the clib deluxe rooms.
Lets see what we get.
Do we need visa at the Airport coming from Europe ?
Hopefully area is safe, isnt it ?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:16 am

I'm sure at check in you can ask to see both room types.

For visas check with you local Egyptian embassy. I always arrange mine in advance at the consulate to avoid the queue.

It is safe, however I would not take any trips to Taba, Dahab or St Catherine's. Stay out of Sinai other than Sharm.

If you meet Reda, the club manager, please give him my best.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Nobody been there in the last months ?
We followed mohammed rule to ask for the clib deluxe rooms.
Lets see what we get.
Do we need visa at the Airport coming from Europe ?
Hopefully area is safe, isnt it ?
I am not sure about German citizens (if that is what you are) but US citizens do not need visas when visiting Sinai only (without going to mainland Egypt). Do not pay for it unless you will go to "mainland" as well.
The area is safe but do practice your Russian as you might need it. Some of the cooks at Hyatt did not speak English and needed translation from other Russian guests
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili
I am not sure about German citizens (if that is what you are) but US citizens do not need visas when visiting Sinai only (without going to mainland Egypt). Do not pay for it unless you will go to "mainland" as well.
The area is safe but do practice your Russian as you might need it. Some of the cooks at Hyatt did not speak English and needed translation from other Russian guests
I have never experienced this. Those who are front facing, like most Egyptians speak several languages. In fact the breakfast chef is very funny and will make you smile most mornings.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I have never experienced this. Those who are front facing, like most Egyptians speak several languages. In fact the breakfast chef is very funny and will make you smile most mornings.
Have you tried the souk eating place in Hyatt? That is where I had this "problem" and was rescued by a young Russian lady who translated my request to the chef.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili
Have you tried the souk eating place in Hyatt? That is where I had this "problem" and was rescued by a young Russian lady who translated my request to the chef.
Ahhh, yes, sorry.

Frankly we never are in the Souk, rather we order Sheesha and hot tea and watch the kitschy show.

I find the Regency Club good enough for dinner each night.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone stayed recently? I wonder about current situation with all the security issues.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:09 pm

Anyone stayed recently? I wonder about current situation with all the security issues.
We'll be going back soon. Security is fine in SSH. There has always been strong security in town and at all the Western hotels.

It's very cheap and I believe a lot of hotels have cut back restaurants and closed rooms but the locals will appreciate you supporting the local economy and their livelehood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.