Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC, Hilton, Intercontinental
Have to say Sharm Hyatt is pretty poor as a resort.
Very crowded, avoid the normal beach/breakfast area and go to the Club exclusive ones.

Small beaches, old rooms, poor food choice, spa not up to the standard.

Overall pretty poor, but maybe considering it is Sharm (not the clasiest place on Earth), that is ok.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Smile

Originally Posted by Michael1950
Have to say Sharm Hyatt is pretty poor as a resort.
Very crowded, avoid the normal beach/breakfast area and go to the Club exclusive ones.

Small beaches, old rooms, poor food choice, spa not up to the standard.

Overall pretty poor, but maybe considering it is Sharm (not the clasiest place on Earth), that is ok.

We are going to stay at the Sharm el Sheik for 7 days next week. Used Diamond Suite upgrade. At a rate of 160$ for a Suite including club looks ok to me
Any recent news what to do and what not to ?
judging on tripadvisor looks really good!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I have been there numerous times and while one could argue that rooms need a bit of refreshing (they started work on some of the suites and Regency Club rooms), this is a great resort. Good weather is guaranteed in Sharm, the grounds are marvelous, food is ok (even great at the Thai place), it ain't to far from Europe and it isn't that expensive. What more could you want from a Resort in Egypt?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:58 am

taba

hi,
any news or reports of the HYatt in Taba/ Egypt?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:32 am

Can anyone give feed back as to suite upgrades there? I currently have two club rooms reserved on points but was thinking to use one club room on points and one paid room with a suite upgrade. What were you upgraded to and the location. Are the suites also in the club area or are the somewhere else where you have to walk a long way to get to the club?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:40 am

Hi,

the suites are very nice and very big! big balcony or terrace , large living room and big bathroom with a big Tub with salt of the dead see.

Its really worth it.
the way to the club is a max. of 2 minutes, as we had the last Suite of the property. But if you can, go for it, its really worth it. We had chocolate, fruit, wine, etc.
the club is good, too, though not great.
Only if like to drink a lot of the hard stuff.. you find it there!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:44 pm

What type of suite was that, a regency suite or a regency executive suite? They said the upgrade would be a regency suite upgrade. It sounds like you are referring to a regency executive suite? Maybe they upgraded you there to a larger suite since it was full?

Also, do you remember if it had a connecting room by any chance? We are a family of five so we need two rooms and, while the club may not be the best, we want club rooms (or suite and a club room) so we don't have to pay for breakfast and have free drinks, pop, water, etc.) during the day because it sounds like the food is very expensive from what I have read.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by abouna
What type of suite was that, a regency suite or a regency executive suite? They said the upgrade would be a regency suite upgrade. It sounds like you are referring to a regency executive suite? Maybe they upgraded you there to a larger suite since it was full?

Also, do you remember if it had a connecting room by any chance? We are a family of five so we need two rooms and, while the club may not be the best, we want club rooms (or suite and a club room) so we don't have to pay for breakfast and have free drinks, pop, water, etc.) during the day because it sounds like the food is very expensive from what I have read.
I think it was not an executive suite.
One Big room, one bed, def. not a second sleeping option there!
yes, right, def. go for club, breakfest for diamonds can also be taken in the reg. restaurant, which is lot better, but in the club you have dinner and drinks and refreshments for the whole day, which is very comfortable!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Any recent experiences at the Taba Hyatt?

I've booked two nights there, with the purpose of qualifying for the retention offer I received from Hyatt (receive a free night if you stay once).

How is the Diamond treatment at this hotel? For those who visited it from Israel, how did you get there from the Taba border?

Is there anything to do in the area without a car, or are you a hostage at the resort w/out a vehicle?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:16 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh

Map| 4 Reviews | 25% Recommended

Gardens, Kendy Mall 7 El-Salam, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt EG

Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh (0 Photo)

Check In

Having previously stayed at the Ritz Carlton I had very low expectations of the Hyatt Sharm el Sheikh, but was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel E-Class was awaiting us at the airport and promptly whisked us to the hotel, worth the $30US to avoid the waiting touts and cab drivers. Check in was prompted and it appeared we had been pre-checked in as our keys were already waiting.

We booked one room with cash, used a Diamond suite upgrade, and another base room on GP points. As the family member I was staying with is a return guest with 12+ stays at the property, they also upgraded the room to a suite. Huge plus!

Room

The family member in the past was given a Regency Suite King, and a Regency Executive King, but informed me that the Club Deluxe were, in fact, superior. While I haven't seen the other two room types, the Club Deluxe has 3 balconies, is on the 2nd level of the villas so has a better sea view, and is larger than some of the other suites according to the website. Although it is basically a junior suite, it has a great sense of space with its open plan. Also, the Club Deluxe appears much more modern than the other rooms.

Also, the hotel's inventory varies from the website, the Club Deluxe on the website to them is a suite. The higher suite is a Parlour suite. This may assist when requesting specific room types.

Diamonds get free internet, but note it is wired via ethernet, and quite an inconvenience. The hotel has 6 routers that will provide wireless, but they have all been in use since I checked in. Next time, I shall bring my airport express. I hadn't noticed the exact T/C's of Diamond, as I am also elite with SPG, however internet access is free only in the room, and it is at the discretion of the hotel as to whether they provide wired or wireless.

The Regency Club offers a private pool, and there is also a private beach for club guests. They serve continental breakfast, and canap and cocktails of an evening including hard liquor which you self pour. The evening selections are good, although you can and should have breakfast in the main restaurant. The club has the distinction of being the only one I have visited in the world that does not offer free internet.

Overall the photos on the website are a very poor representation of the property. The hotel is quite beautiful, and despite the Ritz Carlton having a stunning lobby, the Hyatt's Club junior suites, and club lounge are vastly superior.

As with the Sheraton, the coral reef off the hotel's jetty is much better than any boat trip you will take to Ras Mohamed National Park. In fact, as you sit on the beach you will see that dive groups station their boats just off the hotel, indicating the flourishing underwater life.

Dining

Beneath the main lobby there is a food court where they have belly dancers, offer Sheesha, and you can buy any of the cuisine you want and enjoy the view of the Red Sea. It's quite an experience.

Service

The gym, separate leisure facilities for men and women offer a steam room, jacuzzi, and sauna with a TV which I found bizarre!

Overall

We actually decided to skip Alexandria and stay here a few extra days.

You should be prepared for typical Egyptian service, and some things may need to be re-requested, but if you enter with the right frame of mind, you will have a great stay.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Hyatt Taba

Hi. Can anyone advise how to travel by public transport from Eilat airport to the Hyatt Taba? How much would it cost by taxi from Eilat airport?

How would the transport be from Sharm airport?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Hi. Can anyone advise how to travel by public transport from Eilat airport to the Hyatt Taba? How much would it cost by taxi from Eilat airport?

How would the transport be from Sharm airport?
I've never been to the Hyatt Taba, so I don't know whether there's a bus from Eilat airport to Taba (I doubt it, though). In any event, for your comfort and security, I suggest that you order a hotel taxi.

And from Sharm el Sheikh airport to Taba, it takes at least 2-3 hours by car...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Hyatt Sharm - Taxi from the Airport

I finally booked the Hyatt Sharm - the final price was the same as in the Taba Hyatt.

How much is the good price for a taxi from the Sharm airport to the hotel (I am not asking about the rip-off price for tourists)?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:23 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The hotel Mercedes is $30US
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by m0hamed
The hotel Mercedes is $30US
Thank you, Muhammed, but 30 $ in Egypt is a ripp-off. I still prefer the cheapest possible way of travelling and therefore, I am interested in the price for the taxi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.