Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sharm El Sheikh (Hyatt) & Taba Heights (NO LONGER HYATT) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Thank you, Muhammed, but 30 $ in Egypt is a ripp-off. I still prefer the cheapest possible way of travelling and therefore, I am interested in the price for the taxi
If you invest 15+ minutes in bargaining, you may end up with a ride for $8-10. Don't forget - as soon as the taxi driver hears "Hyatt Regency" he will upgrade you into the category "rich tourist" and will adjust the price accordingly...

I for my part value the hassle-free pick up (usually the driver will wait for you at the baggage belt and even help you with your luggage) smooth transfer in a clean air-conditioned car with complimentary bottled water much higher than the difference in the fare...
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:11 am

I finally booked the Hyatt Sharm - the final price was the same as in the Taba Hyatt.

How much is the good price for a taxi from the Sharm airport to the hotel (I am not asking about the rip-off price for tourists)?
We stayed there last August and they had a shuttle for free. Did you check that? It is a short ride and they were there waiting when we arrived . . .
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:30 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The shuttle is ONLY for domestic MS flights. The hotel does have some nice Hyundai saloons (I was really surprised to see how luxurious their new cars are) that are cheaper than the Mercs. We used these hotel cars to get around and the pricing was reasonable. The driver will even give you their number to call when you want to be picked up. It was even reliable at 1AM on NYE
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:42 pm

Hello, How is the political situation in Egypt right now? I am planning a small trip to Sharm El Sheikh Jan-Feb and wondering if its safe for tourists.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Sharm is fine. It's a very far removed tourist resort from Cairo.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
and, if the price quoted cannot be negotiated down to what you're willing to pay, what are your options, to walk to the hotel????????????

I finally booked the Hyatt Sharm - How much is the good price for a taxi from the Sharm airport to the hotel (I am not asking about the rip-off price for tourists)?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What tourist sites are near to the hotel? Is a trip to the pyramids possible, like a day trip?

I'm looking at possibly five nights (a very late arrival and a late morning departure) and I'm wondering if I might be putting aside too much time, although the idea of lazing by the pool or on the beach does appeal to me. (I'm not interested in diving or snorkelling.) I would like to visit Mount Sinai but the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs advises against travelling on the Taba-Suez Road and to North Sinai.

I will be travelling in mid-July and will also likely have three nights in Cairo.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:01 pm

Yes. EgyptAir Express flights are almost hourly. But if you are in Cairo already, why would you do this?

For lazing by the beach, the Regency Club Private beach at the HR Sharm is exceptional.

St Catherine's and Mount Sinai are amazing, but is almost 3 hours in an uncomfortable ride. If you're keen, ask for a private car and you should be fine.

General activities in SSH: Horse riding, Quad biking in the dunes, Dinner with the Bedoiun. Downtown Sharm we tend to avoid unless with mates who want to hit Pacha.

Dahab is boring, IMHO.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes. EgyptAir Express flights are almost hourly. But if you are in Cairo already, why would you do this?

For lazing by the beach, the Regency Club Private beach at the HR Sharm is exceptional.

St Catherine's and Mount Sinai are amazing, but is almost 3 hours in an uncomfortable ride. If you're keen, ask for a private car and you should be fine.

General activities in SSH: Horse riding, Quad biking in the dunes, Dinner with the Bedoiun. Downtown Sharm we tend to avoid unless with mates who want to hit Pacha.

Dahab is boring, IMHO.
Sorry. "EgyptAir Express flights are almost hourly", to Mount Sinai? And are you suggesting that a trip to the pyramids from Cairo is more sensible than SSH? If so, it would seem five nights is probably one too many.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Sorry. "EgyptAir Express flights are almost hourly", to Mount Sinai? And are you suggesting that a trip to the pyramids from Cairo is more sensible than SSH? If so, it would seem five nights is probably one too many.
SSH-CAI flights are almost hourly in relation to your question about the Pyramids.

You do realise that the Pyramids of Giza are IN Cairo? Giza is a suburb of Cairo. One would not normally book a daytrip there from SSH unless they weren't going to Cairo.

Might I suggest you start with basic Lonely Planet info on Egypt? http://www.lonelyplanet.com/egypt
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
SSH-CAI flights are almost hourly in relation to your question about the Pyramids.

You do realise that the Pyramids of Giza are IN Cairo? Giza is a suburb of Cairo. One would not normally book a daytrip there from SSH unless they weren't going to Cairo.

Might I suggest you start with basic Lonely Planet info on Egypt? http://www.lonelyplanet.com/egypt
Wonderful. I'll have a read of Lonely Planet.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Regency club info

Could someone who stayed here lately could say what the Regency club offer in terms of food & drinks at different hours of the day?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:28 am

Regency Club at the HR SSH is superb. Indoor and outdoor terrace connected to the Club pool.

Breakfast in the morning, soft drinks and water available all day, fruit and ice cream served at the pool during the day, and an amazing selection of canapés with self service spirits, beer and local wine. We never ate at night due to the club selection.

Similarly, soft drinks, water etc. also available at the Regency Club beach, and food to order delivered to the cabanas already set up.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:31 am

Just returned from another great stay. As always, the Club Lounge Manager assigned our preferred rooms, and we even got Gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve.

It was clear the Regency Club guests visit annually. Many were saying it was their 6th or 10th visit to the property.

Sadly, the hotel had low occupancy, but the staff were always willing to go above and beyond.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
The Hyatt Regency in Taba has apparently been reflagged and no longer is a Hyatt anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.