Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sxc234
thanks i'll keep this one in mind but is there a more casual place like off the streets, bar style yakitori ? looking for one nearby to kind of kill time in between meals/events etc.
There's one about three blocks away. Exit the hotel and turn right towards Shinjuku station. Continue straight, over the shuto bridge, passing the Shinjuku Washington hotel. At the corner turn right to the main street and then turn left, cross the street, and continue along the sidewalk. After one block you'll pass a casual stand-up semi-outdoor bar and one block further to your left (just past the large convenience store) is the entrance to go downstairs to a nice chain yakitori place. Either the standup bar or the yakitori (has a sign outside which says in English, "Same Price Every Day") should meet your need. About 6 minutes walk total.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Indeed, this is the "neighborhood" I attempted to point you to. I don't eat too adventurous (other than never eating American food) - I mean no frogs or such - just simple chicken muscle skewers (the balls are always my favorite, even if they may have something other than just muscle), so don't be scared off by the interesting link.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Park Hyatt Tokyo turns 20! To celebrate the occasion they are offering anniversary packages till September.

The best offer is the package for July: pay 2,000 USD and get one night in their Diplomat Suite with free transfer to/from HND or one-way from NRT, champagne and a dinner for 2 at the New York Grill.

http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel...nPackages.html
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
Park Hyatt Tokyo turns 20! To celebrate the occasion they are offering anniversary packages till September.

The best offer is the package for July: pay 2,000 USD and get one night in their Diplomat Suite with free transfer to/from HND or one-way from NRT, champagne and a dinner for 2 at the New York Grill.

http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel...nPackages.html
Man I wish it wasn't so crazy hot in summer. I would love to stay in the Diplomat Suite
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just got back from a short stay at Park Hyatt Tokyo ... Absolutely Brilliant, and even exceed my expectations. I didn't know what to expect as people have mentioned the "age" of the hotel, but it was immaculately maintained and offered a perfect oasis from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo. Had a corner view room, and was checked in at the room. Offered a bottle of wine or 1,000 points as a diamond amenity.

Aesop in the bathroom, and the bathtub. (oh and the spa).

I must say PH Tokyo has one of the most generous Diamond benefit lists across the chain. Free drinks for four hours in the evening, access to the club on the park spa, and free room service breakfast (or in the restaurant). As previously mentioned free drinks are now in the Peak Bar, which isn't as nice as the NY Bar but still a great view to see the sunset.

Without Diamond benefits, the hotel is expensive and would be my major gripe if I paid $500-600 a night and didn't get breakfast, spa access etc. etc. Of course some room rates include this.

Service was top-notch, even for Tokyo. Utilized the concierge, and they both were very helpful and went out of the way to arrange restaurants, shuttles, etc. etc. I had a good chuckle as I was leaving the pool and going down the elevator, both pool attendants were standing behind the doors bowing as I went down.

Shuttle isn't a very useful feature, IMHO unless the weather is bad. Almost quicker to walk.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by Gabrca; Apr 10, 2014 at 3:28 am Reason: meant to say "four hours" and not "Two hours"
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gabrca
I must say PH Tokyo has one of the most generous Diamond benefit lists across the chain. Free drinks for two hours in the evening
I thought that somebody mentioned that this was now 5 to 9 since moving to the Peak Lounge?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I thought that somebody mentioned that this was now 5 to 9 since moving to the Peak Lounge?

My mistake it is indeed 5 to 9!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Scandic 2nd Floor, FoundersCard
I just completed my 5th stay (or 6?) at the PH Tokyo in last 14 months! It feels like Home #2. This hotel has spoiled me to all other hotels. Although, I did have a great & almost comparable (but not quite) experience just before being in Tokyo at the newer Andaz Shanghai.

As a new Diamond member (finally!) I got my first upgrade to a suite and it was a great experience, of course. Not that the normal Park King I stay in is bad in any way whatsoever.

My only complaint at this hotel -- and tell me if you have experienced this -- is just how long it takes to get a coffee at Girandole's (spelling?) in the morning! 4/4 days I ordered a coffee as I sat and on 3/4 days it took 20-25 minutes to actually arrive...after I had already finished eaten! Not sure if they are busy or forgetting or just slow. First world problem for sure but I am surprised at this with this hotel.

Re: the shuttle bus...
I think it's useful .. as long as you are out there just before :20 past the hour or want to wait. I like to walk to Shinjuku too but on some days, especially if rainy, it's a good feature. And, you know it will be there and leave 100% punctually. Also, I have met a lot of other guests in the shuttle bus as it's a small, captive environment.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by hitsmith
My only complaint at this hotel -- and tell me if you have experienced this -- is just how long it takes to get a coffee at Girandole's (spelling?) in the morning! 4/4 days I ordered a coffee as I sat and on 3/4 days it took 20-25 minutes to actually arrive...after I had already finished eaten! Not sure if they are busy or forgetting or just slow. First world problem for sure but I am surprised at this with this hotel.
This is an issue of recent vintage (last few years) as the hotel has cut corners on training and staffing levels overall. Still fine, but the service levels up to about 2005 or so were extremely high. The slope downhill coincided with Malcolm Thompson's departure as GM.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
This is an issue of recent vintage (last few years) as the hotel has cut corners on training and staffing levels overall. Still fine, but the service levels up to about 2005 or so were extremely high. The slope downhill coincided with Malcolm Thompson's departure as GM.
Slightly OT, but to be fair I am not impressed with service levels at the Peninsula these days either, where Malcolm Thompson has been the GM since its opening.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:44 pm

Those are some nice offers, especially "With Pleasure". One thing I don't understand though is their Suite Temptation offer: "Guests staying two nights in a standard type Park Deluxe Room will receive a complimentary upgrade on their second night to one of our spacious Park Suites". Why anyone would want to move after one night is beyond me.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by scented
Those are some nice offers, especially "With Pleasure". One thing I don't understand though is their Suite Temptation offer: "Guests staying two nights in a standard type Park Deluxe Room will receive a complimentary upgrade on their second night to one of our spacious Park Suites". Why anyone would want to move after one night is beyond me.
I don't understand it either. That offer is probably targeted at local Japanese customers, who might be visiting the hotel on "staycations" and want to experience different room categories. I was once told that such guests sometimes book one night in each category. According to the staff member who told me this, it is a real PITA to allocate rooms in various different categories for each night, and to have to move the guest every day.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Apr 13, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I don't understand it either. That offer is probably targeted at local Japanese customers, who might be visiting the hotel on "staycations" and want to experience different room categories. I was once told that such guests sometimes book one night in each category. According to the staff member who told me this, it is a real PITA to allocate rooms in various different categories for each night, and to have to move the guest every day.
Reminds me of Korean power bloggers who want more material to write about for their blogs. I always hate switching rooms if unnecessary.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:36 pm

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (WIKI)

Just finished my second stay at this property. Agree they are good at the "small touches". They must've noted that in my previous stay I had requested more hand lotion, extra coffee pods of decaf variety and a particular choice of pillow. And all these were already in my room when I checked in. Quite impressive.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Just finished my second stay at this property. Agree they are good at the "small touches". They must've noted that in my previous stay I had requested more hand lotion, extra coffee pods of decaf variety and a particular choice of pillow. And all these were already in my room when I checked in. Quite impressive.
Japanese service at its best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.