Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
We love this hotel and go with our grandkids every spring break in a suite using points and a suite upgrade as a Globalist. At checkin they give you a card you hand to your server for each day and write in the number of people. We always say 5 and there is never an issue. The breakfast buffet is great and they serve til 11:00. We go down around 10:00 or later and this serves as lunch. Just get the kids a cheap kids meal after they have swam for hours. Ursula at the front desk is delightful as she has been there for years. And I forget the name of the guy who makes the omelets, but he is from Greece and so fun. In fact, most of the employees have been there for years and all our wonderful.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by joey965
We love this hotel and go with our grandkids every spring break in a suite using points and a suite upgrade as a Globalist. At checkin they give you a card you hand to your server for each day and write in the number of people. We always say 5 and there is never an issue. The breakfast buffet is great and they serve til 11:00. We go down around 10:00 or later and this serves as lunch. Just get the kids a cheap kids meal after they have swam for hours. Ursula at the front desk is delightful as she has been there for years. And I forget the name of the guy who makes the omelets, but he is from Greece and so fun. In fact, most of the employees have been there for years and all our wonderful.
Thanks! I know exactly who you are talking about at the omelette station! We've been twice where breakfast was included (once pre-covid when lounge was overcrowded and once post-covid), but this is first time bringing my parents along
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here last week as a Globalist. I didn't realize their beach is not yet accessible (it's on the website, but you have to click on what looks like "resort fee" to get the details). The beach (which you need to take their boat to) is supposed to open in Q3. Apparently the repairs are extensive -- and expensive -- because they now have to build to code (instead of using their "grandfathered" status). Right now, they're a beach resort with no beach, which isn't great. Some of their "waterpark" is also still closed for repairs. Lazy river and two water slides are open, as are 2 swimming pools (including an adult pool). Overall, though, the grounds look good and don't show hurricane damage.

We got a nice upgrade to the "palm suite." Huge, tasteful and with good views and 3 balconies. Way more room than 2 people need.

Only other Globalist perks are free parking (we did "self," which is super close and easy) and breakfast. Breakfast is fine, but far from exceptional. There's an omelette guy and a reasonable buffet spread with the usual breakfast meats and sides, a few pastries and breads (not gourmet) and cold cuts/lox. I'd call it slightly-upgraded standard Hyatt Regency fare.

I would stay again when the beach is open. If I were planning on visiting this quarter, I'd call and see if the beach is actually open. Otherwise, I'd stay elsewhere. We actually drove to Bonita Springs beach to swim, but that's a solid 15 minute drive, because there are no nearby bridges from the mainland.

Also be aware that the Ritz Carlton Residences are about to be constructed immediately adjacent to the hotel. I would expect some annoying noise issues in the next year.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Thanks for the update. We (and our grandchildren) love this hotel. Has the restaurant and bar at the pool been rebuilt yet? It was still closed back in May.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joey965
Thanks for the update. We (and our grandchildren) love this hotel. Has the restaurant and bar at the pool been rebuilt yet? It was still closed back in May.
Yes, the pool restaurant/bar was open.

For those interested in the beach, I'd also note that, in winter, the Gulf beaches are considerably cooler than the Florida Atlantic beaches, so take that into consideration as well. We were looking forward to an early Fall Gulf beach vacation to take advantage of the still warm ocean water but, obviously, we couldn't do that if there's no access to the beach from the hotel.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:59 pm

I can confirm that the beach is now open, first boat out for Hyatt guests was on 12/26/2023. Construction is still not completed, and it appears that the Hyatt is using the Pelican Landing's dock (which has been running for at least a little while before. I noticed boats coming and going when I first checked in on the 23rd). So I assume at some point there will be a separate dock and waiting area for Hyatt guests as there has been in the past.
The beach itself is much like before, and the main structure on the island is the same (though it looks like much of the decking is new).

A little tidbit I gleaned from the front desk is they aren't entirely sure for how long the beach will remain open for Hyatt, so it is possible they will stop the boat for Hyatt guests again at some point (presumably as they complete construction on the Hyatt docks?). Hopefully it stays open from here on out, the beach really adds a lot to the value of the hotel.

Not sure if it was because of the time of year, but there were a lot more staff out and about interacting with the guests, lots of activities for the kids (and adults).
They no longer provide vouchers for breakfast for Globalists, and instead you just bill it to your room. I preferred the voucher method (as you can just hand over the vouchers and leave, no waiting around for a check, no wondering how much to put in for gratuity when it all gets comped anyway), but thankfully there were no issues at all with the charges being taking care of automatically.
Still a wonderful property, and looking forward to my next visit
Football Fan and soy like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
General opinions on staying here vs the nearby HVC property? Plusses and minuses of both?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:41 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
General opinions on staying here vs the nearby HVC property? Plusses and minuses of both?
If not Globalist, then you are probably better off at HVC all things being equal. You can use facilities at either place, at least that was the case when I last stayed
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soy
If not Globalist, then you are probably better off at HVC all things being equal. You can use facilities at either place, at least that was the case when I last stayed
I don't believe this is true during peak periods (e.g., Spring Break) or at all in the case of the beach for HVC guests.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
I don't believe this is true during peak periods (e.g., Spring Break) or at all in the case of the beach for HVC guests.
So staying at the HVC does NOT include transport and use of the beach area? That could be a deal breaker....
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:28 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
So staying at the HVC does NOT include transport and use of the beach area? That could be a deal breaker....
They went to a reservation system for the boat a few years ago and I think it may only be for hotel guests now, and definitely during peak times the hotel facilities (including the waterpark) are for hotel guests only. I admittedly have not been in several years now (we were supposed to go March 2020 and ended up cancelling that trip), so maybe more recent guests might know the current state, but I'm pretty sure you can't just say HVC always has access to the hotel facilities.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:29 am

I read elsewhere recently that HRC guests no longer have access to the pool area so I called this morning and was told it stopped last year since now HRC is managed by Marriott Vacations. You can buy a day pass, but oof, not cheap.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:21 am

We were having trouble finding pool chairs on our last stay and overheard a family (who seemed to have claimed 2 chairs for every 1 family member) discussing the day passes they'd purchased from a resort pass website.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by rfento05
I read elsewhere recently that HRC guests no longer have access to the pool area so I called this morning and was told it stopped last year since now HRC is managed by Marriott Vacations. You can buy a day pass, but oof, not cheap.
Hear you, per above. Is beach transport and access still available? It does say so on their website....
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
I booked a points reservation for spring break 3-4 weeks ago and I've yet to see any suite availability since making the reservation. Unfortunately for me I missed Globalist by nine nights, but managed to snag two suite upgrade awards for hitting 50 nights. Was hoping to use one for my visit, but that doesn't look promising. Besides the free parking and vouchers for breakfast in lieu of a closed lounge, would finding a Guest of Honor award make make much of a difference considering how busy they might be for spring break? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.