Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
I asked myself the same question last night. There are some recent traveler photos of the rooms on a different travel review site - they convinced me to burn an expiring TSU for a panorama suite vs the Miami suite though its 100 sq.ft. smaller. Though there's TSU availability at the nearby newer properties for my dates, my corp rate was just too good to pass up for my stay purposes.
It just seems like Hyatt doesn't have great properties in Miami, compared to say Kimpton. Though I get benefits at Hyatt, unlike Kimpton which provides no benefits.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
The pictures on the website look nice. Is it just a photoshop job or did the rooms get renovated?
Rooms are definitely dated. I’ve stayed at this property twice in recent months. I was proactively upgraded to a Miami Suite on my first stay as a Globalist. It isn’t a true suite but rather one big room (website indicates 525 square feet). Here are a few pics of the suite:

On a subsequent stay, I politely declined a suite upgrade for a King Deluxe (corner room) to compare and contrast. I actually preferred the location of this room over the Miami Suite as the views were better. Pics of this room:

This property treats me well, but if you have a choice between this hotel or the Hyatt Centric Brickell, the latter is much preferred because it is modern and the breakfast is significantly better.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:31 am

The problem is I'm staying on points, and the HC is 20k points while this is 12k. A huge difference, though with cash the difference is minimal or non-existent.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Just completed a two-night stay here. Was upgraded to a Panorama Suite which I liked more than my Miami suite that I stayed in a few years ago. Breakfast was good quality, hotel of course a little dated, but the public spaces on the lobby level seemed to be refreshed recently. Great deal if you need to save money and be in the area. We were embarking on a cruise so being close to the cruise port, as well as easy access to the airport, is a plus for this hotel. Made a short video detailing the stay:

Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hyatt Regency Miami: 3 night stay few days ago, 2 prior stays 6-8 months ago. Booked 1 King room. Called morning of expected 3pm check-in, was told I had been upgraded to a 1 King Deluxe. I asked if a suite might be available, hold x 2 minutes, told yes, suite available. Mentioned that I had stayed in a Miami suite a few months ago and had read that views from Panorama suite were better, asked if Panorama suite was available, said yes, requested extra towels and 2 bathrobes.

Fast check-in at 3:45pm, lovely Panorama Suite One King Bed with walk-in closet, fully enclosed bathroom, 2 bathrobes and lots of extra towels. But, no dresser, a similar sized cabinet with shelves for storing clothing. Didn’t like the view (similar to last photo of post # 77 above). Called front desk, asked to speak with terrific person I spoke with at 10am, thank you for lovely suite, apologized for being a PIA, asked if I could switch to a Miami suite. Told it would be a few minutes for cleaning (Glob with 4pm check-out leaving), bellman brought new key to me 30 minute later, room 2 doors down, I took the extra towels and bathrobes with me .

(The hotel suffers due to construction of many adjacent newer taller buildings which completely degrade views from almost everywhere and every room in the hotel. Undoubtedly when it was built in 1982 the views were terrific.)

Moved to just as lovely Miami Suite One King Bed (identical but higher floor to first 3 photos in post # 77 above). Large dresser with several deep drawers and better view. Could hear clanging every time (q 60 minutes?) the drawbridge in the photo was raised, didn’t bother me but might bother a light sleeper. Bathroom with small room for tub and toilet, large vanity with sink just outside the bathroom door, open closet area with safe and minifridge all separated from the room by a high divider. (Good photos on Hyatt website.)

Very comfy bed and linens. I love Hyatt towels, always seem softer than other hotels and this stay I got a bunch of brand new towels which were even a little softer than usual . Outstanding breakfast buffet which I described more so on the Globalist Breakfast in the COVID-19 era thread (post #196). Found the enclosed walkway route (through the convention center) to the Metromover which recently I learned about by re-reading this thread. Still no (more) Regency Club. Still small and cramped fitness center but sufficient equipment for a typical workout. AC was excellent, if anything the room and fitness center were sometimes too chilly.

15% “optional” gratuity added to breakfast bill each day, didn’t try to have it removed, added another few $ each day. At hotel checkout breakfast gratuity and maybe taxes and the additional tip I added were all charged. I didn’t discuss it because I was on an excellent Healthcare Friends and Family rate and I was otherwise completely satisfied with my stay and everyone, including the breakfast staff, was so gracious. Outstanding service from everyone I encountered. Yes, hard product is a little worn and dated but overall a 5 star stay.

3 stays here during past 8 months, 6 trips between MIA and hotel. Lyfts available within 5 minutes from MIA, 2 minutes from hotel, usually ~ $16-18 (before tip), one time both Lyft and Uber quite expensive, paid Uber ~$30 (before tip).
projectmaximus likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 4, 2022 at 8:27 pm Reason: typo corrected, ride share info added
Old Nov 13, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
This page is for the Regency right? Title is confusing. Still no club lounge here eh? Debating a stay here Saturday.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Any recent stays here? No club, right? Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Here at the moment on a return stay. I didn't like it much last time, but it was really the only viable option for under $600 or so.

I booked a Miami Suite which wasn't going to be available until around 4pm or later. There were other rooms available and I volunteered to pay last night's rate to get in one for a while, but apparently there's a nonsensical rule that you are then not allowed to change rooms once you've checked into one - so that wasn't an option. The only way to get into a room was at least for free, I was told I could downgrade to a King room which was fine, but when I got to my room it was actually a room with Twin beds which I wouldn't have taken if I had been warned. Just a bit meh, but it is what it is. The Regency Coral Cables is infinitely better, but was a bit far for my needs this weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.