Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Hey,

I stayed on the Club Floor a month ago. Main benefits were:

- Continental Breakfast (incl. Fresh Fruit, Pastries, Bread etc., but no hot items. Good quality, but buffet has not been refilled)

- "Cocktail Hour" (incl. some Hors d'oeuvre like Cheese, Cracker, olives etc. and one hot item like chicken-sticks. Alcoholic beverages available, $5 per item)

- coffee all day (machine), very tasty cookies

- cold drinks (Pepsi, Water etc.) all day, self service

- Club-Concierge service

The Club-Area is located on 23rd floor and is rather small. All in all the club benefits were ok, but I experience(d) far better ones (e.g. at the moment ).

And, of course, see post #14 in this thread!

Hope this helps, Greez from Grand Hyatt Berlin,
Jonathan

Last edited by sultanbinaber; Jul 30, 2008 at 1:27 pm Reason: n/a
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Planning to stay here in July. Have the hotel rooms been renovated recently. Past post only mentioned lounge renovation. Thanks,
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Finally returned from my long vacation. I just spent one night at this property using points. The location is downtown Miami and parking is at the adjacent lot for $12 a day (no in/out). The mono rail is nearby so you can take that to other parts of Miami.

The property is an older property but well kept. The room was clean and had the Grand beds. The only odd thing was the short wall between the Bath room and the beds. Is like a privacy wall. The lounge was closed so we had BF coupons. Since only the cold buffet was avail, we elected to take the $18 credit. Nice selection and very good. Kids loved it. Staff did not expect a tip because the certificate said that was included but we left them a nice tip for four of us. Overall a nice business property. I would stay again since my other hotel affiliation is not avail there (spg).
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am just completing a 3 night stay.
Original room on 8th floor was very very dark overlooking the retaining wall of the convention centre- I asked for a switch and was given a room on the 21st floor which is light. Staff are very friendly- hotel as mentioned is part of the convention centre.
A number of excellent restaurants nearby- also the hotel bar has good staff, and the breakfast buffet has very good service.
This hotel has a pretty good team of people working- the physical property is definitely not the biggest plus- however it appears the room shave had a soft rennovation in the last couple of years. The bathrooms are tiny however.
I would rate this as a solid 3.5 star hotel- it definitely boggles the mind having come directly from two park hyatts, however the place is not bad as long as you don't expect too much.
Laundry service is also very effecient and does a good job with reasonable rates ($14 for a two piece suit).
An enterprise rent a car in the lobby is also very convenient if you have meetings in the area that require a vehicle.
Would I come back here? For work- probably- it has very good value rates right now (around $110 USD) which is amazingly low- for vacation absolutely not- I would go to the Mandarin Oriental which is nearby- this hotel is designed for business not vacation.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Smile Very Nice Staff

While the property does need real renovation, I found the staff to be great for both (I took a cruise and stayed there before and after) one night stays. I liked the club floor and found the staff to be very accomidating to Diamonds. I was given a full breakfast for each of my morning check-in days. I was not expecting this, however it was a nice surprise. I know Diamonds get breakfast (though they do have a lounge) but I did not know I would get one for checking in at 9am-10am.

Compaired to my stay at the Hyatt Place FT Lauderdale North, it was like night and day. The dining supervisor commented that many of the Hyatt Places have staff that have different attatudes due to their Amerisuite past. Thus many would never have been hired at Hyatt to begin with.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 2:00 pm

Updates?

Hi,

Planning a stay later this week and wondering if anyone had a recent experience here. I know it's not the nicest property, but we're booked into a suite and will have RC access.

Any thoughts about a Miami suite versus a Panorama suite (smaller but better views, supposedly?)
Old Sep 6, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Hi,

Planning a stay later this week and wondering if anyone had a recent experience here. I know it's not the nicest property, but we're booked into a suite and will have RC access.

Any thoughts about a Miami suite versus a Panorama suite (smaller but better views, supposedly?)
I've had a suite and a RC room both at this property in the past five months. The suite appeared to be a double sized room (sorry can't remember the proper name) with large sitting area. Unusual thing about the suite was the entire room had marble floors - no carpet. Both rooms offered nice views overlooking the water from the 23rd and 24th floors.

The best thing about this property to me is the staff. Everyone is wonderful.

The RC is reasondable with a good selection of snacks. I take breakfast in the on site resturant which has an excellent selection on the buffet. There is an outdoor pool on the 2nd floor, but no hot tub. Parking is limited to the hotel unless you don't mind walking a couple of blocks to private lots just north of the hotel.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:15 am

VIP Suite

Thanks for the info! I think you might have had a Miami Suite (or petit suite), which is standard for the Diamond suite upgrade certificate, according to reservations.

Just to follow-up, the front desk was very accommodating. I had asked about a Panorama suite, but they couldn't do that and provided a VIP suite on the Club floor instead. It's the living room/wet bar murphy bed set-up which is fine, with a connecting king room. The furnishings are a bit dated, but nice enough. Also a full bathroom, which is appreciated. I would have preferred one big room without the connecting doors, but no big deal.

The Regency Club itself is a small almost alcove near the elevator. Rather spartan offerings...sliced fruit, danish, muffins, toaster, boxed cereal, juices and coffee.

As others have mentioned, staff seems very friendly and helpful, so ^^
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Just left a one night stay downtown. Overall everything went well. Staff was very nice and helpful. I had an early meeting and had to leave before the restaurant open. They allowed me to take room service instead for diamond breakfast. The RC is lacking. The rooms are very worn but expected for a cheap DT Miami room rate. Parking is $30 and valet is the way to go if you plan on leaving. It is a good location as you can walk to dining, bars, and shopping down Brickell. Overall, they play the hand they are dealt and it was a nice stay.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Has anyone tried the Escape rate here? It seems to be a bargain at $99 including breakfast and parking ^
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:25 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Question Any recent experiences?

Any recent experiences here?

I have to be in Miami to teach a class at Miami Police College in early February, and this looks to be the closest Hyatt (with a wonderful gov't rate!)

Anyone been here lately?

Is it worth using a Suite Upgrade -- I have 3 left and doubt I will use them by the end of February.

Looking forward to any info...
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA and HH
I'm staying here on 10/8 and will report back. Someone PM me if I forget...
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA and HH
As promised, I will give a very short review and include some pictures of my Miami Suite which had a very tired couch and chair (Room 2334).

As mentioned in multiple posts this is NOT the place to stay when on vacation. I would only stay here again if on business or if they were cheaper (dont forget to include parking) than a Hyatt Place. I had a few minor issues at the hotel but my big beef was that they didn't have a dedicated Diamond/Plat check in line. Because of this, I had to wait 10-20 minutes each of the 3 times I went to the front desk. While their check-in is VERY thorough it is time consuming. I'd rather have a quick check-in and be up to my room. They do have the kiosks but those never work for me when selecting bonus points as a diamond amenity so I skipped it.

The Regency club was out of drinks/snacks every time we went by in the afternoon and only after bringing this to the attention of the front desk and then escalating it to a manager did they put additional drinks out. Also, if you are in a room facing East(?) toward the canal there was a lot of traffic that woke me up several times during the night even on the 23rd floor.

Below are some pictures of our room.

Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:48 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Thanks!

Thanks so much for the update and the photos -- what type of a room was that? Was it as booked, or did you get an upgrade?

Anyone who stays here in the near future, please also leave your thoughts.

I am looking forward to my stay in February on business.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Recently completed 2 stays here at the Miami Escape rate ($99) which was a bargain. Thanks to the GP Concierge I was able to use Suite Vouchers for both stays - first stay was a small suite and the second night was a large corner suite. The rooms are looking a bit dated but very comfortable.

Didn't bother using the RC as it's always been rubbish - I don't know why they don't improve this?? Breakfast was very good although very busy because of a number of conventions taking place so service was a little slow.

We had problems with our room keys on both stays. After the third attempt on our second stay the guy on the front desk (Jason IIRC) offered us a free dinner for our inconvenience. As we had plans I declined but a few minutes later a bottle of wine (not Canvas) and some nibbles were delivered with his compliments.

Haven't stayed here for 3 years or so and I was very impressed by the way that the downtown area is being regenerated. There is a also a very good Peruvian restaurant that is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Will definitely be back in 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.