Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by harbourxie
Did you get any$ for closing club? Any upgrade for you as Globalist? Thanks,
Just completed a one night stay, Globalist. Used points, waived valet parking and resort fee, 4pm checkout.
Upgrade was to high floor, pool view, standard room, I don't think it was much of an upgrade, but room ok, only negative was tiny balcony with no chairs.
Very few guests on property, which was great for social distancing
4 Breakfast vouchers.
Closed lounge, asked, but did not get the $35 coupon during check in (told 4 vouchers = $60) and I forgot to ask next day.
First time visit, so we did enjoy hot tubs, slides, heated pool, bike rentals, watersport equipment, large gym, trail, etc. (Bridge and climbing wall closed)
Great for families, Good use of points(specially with points rebate promo)
krazieman, Skink and MarkOK like this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
In addition to daily breakfast, what are Globalists offered in terms of market vouchers? $35 total per stay regardless of number in room and length of stay? Previous poster mentioned something about “4 vouchers = $60”?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Globalist Breakfast/vouchers

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
In addition to daily breakfast, what are Globalists offered in terms of market vouchers? $35 total per stay regardless of number in room and length of stay? Previous poster mentioned something about “4 vouchers = $60”?
We were offered breakfast vouchers for the number of persons in the room. Nothing else. I was told the giving of the vouchers changed a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 3:41 pm

I booked a standard king. Global upgrade was to a pool view king (all the suites were sold out). It was also a corner room so had a balcony along 2 different walls. The pool view rooms also have a view of the lake. Breakfast benefit was buffet plus made to order omelettes from the kitchen (which they advertise as a surcharge over their regular buffet).
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
I booked a standard king. Global upgrade was to a pool view king (all the suites were sold out). It was also a corner room so had a balcony along 2 different walls. The pool view rooms also have a view of the lake. Breakfast benefit was buffet plus made to order omelettes from the kitchen (which they advertise as a surcharge over their regular buffet).
What was the parking situation as a globalist? I’m headed there next week. TIA
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Parking both valet and self is free.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Would your stay be before Feb 28th? My understanding was that before then self or valet parking would be free to you on paid stays but after that date (unless they extended it again) it would only be free on award stays.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 8:00 am

Feb. 25-28. Check out date not a coincidence. Ha.
Skink likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Stayed 3 nights Feb 25-28 using Cat 1-4 awards. Cash rates were around $149/night.

Valet or self-park were free - we chose self-park which was a few minute walk but preferable to having to wait for valet.

Received breakfast voucher for each day that was good for entree or buffet. We went with an entree every day + coffee. Tried the avocado toast (ok), the belgian waffle (good), eggs, and bagel with lox (ok). Was decently crowded at breakfast and looked to be much worse after 9am. Tables had decent spacing but some people walked around without masks.

Didn't receive a suite - they showed sold out starting a few days before. Upgraded to pool view room, which was fine for the two of us. We ate in the room a few times with the door open to enjoy the great weather.

The pool, beach, gym, and grounds are nice. We did a pedal boat, which was fun for 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The gym has 3 pelotons.

Mask wearing was a mixed bag. Some people clearly didn't care or bother, but I'd say the majority tried to wear masks in common areas in the building. Not much by the pool and beach, but at least you can distance on the beach. Was expecting a lot worse to be honest.

Overall, nice play to stay and would go back if we don't need fast pass at Disney.
DaveH and occy like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:10 am

Thanks for the report Duke777 ! Does anyone know if they are still issuing Marketplace vouchers for Globalists since the lounge is closed? Or I wonder if they are even planning to re-open the lounge at all?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by madderlake
Thanks for the report Duke777 ! Does anyone know if they are still issuing Marketplace vouchers for Globalists since the lounge is closed? Or I wonder if they are even planning to re-open the lounge at all?
I wasn’t offered it and don’t believe they’re doing it any more based on TripAdvisor reviews. I wonder when they’ll start to reopen more offerings as they get back to high capacity - Orlando is recovering.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:59 pm

Any Globalists have success with an early entry into room? We are on a red-eye an don't want to lollygag around until 3 or 4 if you know what I mean. I know nothing is guaranteed, just seeing if much success as of late. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by shand32783
Any Globalists have success with an early entry into room? We are on a red-eye an don't want to lollygag around until 3 or 4 if you know what I mean. I know nothing is guaranteed, just seeing if much success as of late. Thanks!
Yes, however I called the day before to alert them.
shand32783 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by madderlake
No vouchers. Escalated to FD Manager and told me hard no! Even though I showed her the welcome email that I received that states: "Regency Club Concierge Lounge will remained closed during your visit. We are able to offer an alternate dining option in lieu of the closure." I asked her what the alternate was and she told me it was a mistake.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:57 am

Just checked out, and OMG this place was at 100%, kids jumping up and down everywhere, long lines at elevator. Apparently Covid also took a Spring Break. 50% mask usage in common areas, and 0% in pool and outdoors. On the positive, this hotel is run very well, professional staff, clean rooms and great stay. Waived RF, Valet and Full buffet BF with made to order omelet. My upgrade was high floor and pool view. Standard room. Late check out of 2pm, could not do 4pm since they were oversold, yes oversold. Lounge closed. Valet is quick, even with the crowds. F&B at pool and at BF was slow due to the crowds.

At the pool, there was a large b-day party that I overheard that they bought day passes at $35pp and one was bragging that there is no security so they just bought one pass and brought in the family.

This hotel is a victim of its own success and with families choosing not to go on cruises, Mexico, etc. they decide to come here... not a complaint, just stating the reality since I am also part of the crowds bringing my kids during spring break. It is still a great property with solid globalist benefits, I am glad that I split my vacation and went to the beach so we could spread out in the beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.