Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Looking to stay here in August. Fly in on AA to EGE and arrive at 6:20 p.m. Avis, Budget, and Hertz (Alamo and National close at 5) all close at 6:30. Anyone know if they stay open if flight is delayed? What are other transportation options? Any other tips also appreciated.
My best guess would be yes. But after you book one i would call the local office direct to verify. You wouldn't be trapped there worst case scenario beaver creek is pretty close to the airport you could get there by shuttle/taxi 453 taxi but it woudl cost you alot more money and get the car the next day

Last edited by SkiUtah; Apr 21, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:40 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
My best guess would be yes. But after you book one i would call the local office direct to verify. You wouldn't be trapped there worst case scenario beaver creek is pretty close to the airport you could get there by shuttle/taxi 453 taxi but it woudl cost you alot more money and get the car the next day
The Colorado Mountain Express vans, I believe, are $50 each way.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Thanks for your help.
I actually changed my plan a little. Gonna fly into a DEN and visit there for a few days and then drive to Beaver Creek and fly out from EGE. My flight leaves EGE b/f National opens up but I called and they said I could do an early dropoff.
My question now is about the Diamond breakfast. Is it still the same (croissant and OJ at the Cafe) or has it improved? Are there any other Diamond perks at this location?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....My question now is about the Diamond breakfast. Is it still the same (croissant and OJ at the Cafe) or has it improved? Are there any other Diamond perks at this location?
See post #62.@:-)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:28 am
Suspended

Thank you very much. Can't believe I missed that post. Very informative and cleared up a lot for me. Hope it's still the case this summer. And I'm definitely doing that free parking thing. Saw that already in a few other posts. (I'd even pay extra not to valet. I hate other people driving my car and I like being able to get my car whenever I want as quickly as I want)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:06 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Thank you very much. Can't believe I missed that post. Very informative and cleared up a lot for me. Hope it's still the case this summer. And I'm definitely doing that free parking thing. Saw that already in a few other posts. (I'd even pay extra not to valet. I hate other people driving my car and I like being able to get my car whenever I want as quickly as I want)
The breakfast is awesome. Honestly, the best breakfast I've ever had at any Hyatt. Plus each voucher is good for 4 people.

Love the biscuits and sausage gravy.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:02 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jul 4, 2010 at 10:39 am
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thc
The breakfast is awesome. Honestly, the best breakfast I've ever had at any Hyatt. Plus each voucher is good for 4 people.

Love the biscuits and sausage gravy.
Perhaps that was a high season offering.

In may breakfast was average with horrendous service.

Some "highlights": waited for coffee 10 min, for pancakes 20 min and they arrived dead cold, when we went to buffet someone took our table, when we went to buffet again a waiter moved our umbrella to another table - it was surreal.
Asked to speak with manager - noone showed up...
I suspect they hire some temps in the off season who could not care less.

Restaurant issues stretched beyond breakfast: we arrived at 10 pm and all food options were closed including room service, after some arguing they agreed to bring a few appetizers but we soon realized that a meal was not meant to happen that night - sliders were severely undercooked (I guess the kitchen staff really wanted to leave) and a bottle of perrier arrived half frozen - we sent everything back.

Major on the restaurant but the rest was fine.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:39 am

Just had a 4 night stay here using BWB 'free' nights.

The prime free Summer parking gig mentioned earlier in this thread is over.

Upon driving up, the valet immediately attempted to hand me a valet slip, when I inquired about a self park option, he shot back 'there isn't one' and continued to force hand me the valet slip. I had to say keep it and push his hand away.
At the front desk, I then asked again about self park options in the public garages, she said that I may park for free during the day in the public garages but that there is not overnight parking allowed. I later confirmed this with the gate agent at the bottom of the mountain before driving up to the village as well as a parking attendant, I even called Beaver Creek Corp/Co. to verify. As others have stated it is not a problem at all to drive up, drop one's bags off/check in, then drive back down to one of the free lots and take the free shuttle back up. There is a drop off point 175 yards from the hotel property. BTW, one is supposed to register with the gate guard if leaving one's car overnight in the free lots, I forgot to do so and there wasn't any issue with it, I'm assuming because the lot was only 15% full.

Back to checkin, I was handed two of the breakfast vouchers which allowed for up to 4 buffet breakfasts, which I thought was odd as we were only 2 registered guests. As a Diamond was also 'upgraded' to a mountain view room with balcony.

The room itself was nice, bed was too mushy, balcony was tiny & w/o chairs but one could lean on the railing to take in the view. There was an in room fridge which was nice to keep our champagne & beer cool^ (by the way there is a great booze store in Avon which was much cheaper and had a far better selection than anything I saw in Beaver Creek Village. (I'll get the name of it later from my receipts). Our room was on the 2nd floor above the restaurant. I'd suggest getting a room on a higher floor or away from restaurant as the music from the ceiling speakers did penetrate into our room (mostly the bass). It wasn't super loud but we did notice.

Breakfast buffet was nice, decent selection of fruit, pastries, scones, sausage, bacon, two egg dishes (scrambled & during our stay either a frittata or heuvos Rancheros (which was good IMO)). We didn't eat at the restaurant for lunch or dinner, some of the menu items did look very good^

On our first full day we took the nearby ski lift ($22 for a daily lift ticket (there is no 'one time' ticket) or $27 for a daily lift ticket which includes a $15 food credit for use at the restaurant at the top of the lift). We obviously chose the latter lift ticket. The food was quite good at the top of the lift, good grilled burger and a chicken sandwich with roasted peppers & guacamole.

There are some great hikes down the mountain, on one of the hikes we decided to take a black diamond trail and I stepped on what I thought was part of the trail, it wasn't and my left leg shot down the slope while my right ankle made all these popping sounds & bent into a severe angle. Thankfully this happened only a couple hundred yards from the top of the lift so I was able to hobble up to the lift & ride it down rather than hiking down on the injured ankle. For those concerned about safety, there are regular safety personnel driving up & down the service roads so even if I had been further down the mountain, I could have got myself to one of the service roads to be picked up.

As a result of my twisted ankle, we canceled our rafting trip which looked like a blast.

We lounged by the Park Hyatt outdoor pool and caught a lot of mountain sun. Nice big fluffy pool towels are provided. There are at least 3 hot tubs but I hate heat so didn't go in. Mrs Sweet Willie enjoyed them quite a bit

We did not use the spa at all and I don't recall receiving a coupon for it upon checkin but they were offering an extra 20-30 minutes of massage service upon purchasing a regular priced massage.

Once I find my receipts I'll also post on the other nearby places we dined.

One's room rate here includes complimentary village shuttle service which picks one up at the hotel entrance and drives one to anywhere in Beaver Creek village.^ We used it to go to/from dinner one night.

I was very pleased with our stay and would stay at this property again^
Old Jul 4, 2010, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Just had a 4 night stay here using BWB 'free' nights.

The prime free Summer parking gig mentioned earlier in this thread is over.

Upon driving up, the valet immediately attempted to hand me a valet slip, when I inquired about a self park option, he shot back 'there isn't one' and continued to force hand me the valet slip. I had to say keep it and push his hand away.
At the front desk, I then asked again about self park options in the public garages, she said that I may park for free during the day in the public garages but that there is not overnight parking allowed. I later confirmed this with the gate agent at the bottom of the mountain before driving up to the village as well as a parking attendant, I even called Beaver Creek Corp/Co. to verify. As others have stated it is not a problem at all to drive up, drop one's bags off/check in, then drive back down to one of the free lots and take the free shuttle back up. There is a drop off point 175 yards from the hotel property. BTW, one is supposed to register with the gate guard if leaving one's car overnight in the free lots, I forgot to do so and there wasn't any issue with it, I'm assuming because the lot was only 15% full.^
I wouldn't recommend parking in the lots without the hang tags and telling them your plate number and phone number. Security does patrol those lots and they look for permits and then if there isnt one theyll check to see if your car was registered at the security office.

I am extremely familiar with this property. The hotel has nothing to do with the off site self parking and of course they are going to want you to park there so they get money. In the winter even though i am a frequent guest i have had valets who i dont know try to insist i need to park there so i wouldn't read too much into that. The hotel has never been helpful with the free self parking option and they don't give you information since it has nothing to do with the hotel and is not a guaranteed benefit.

Did you go to the guard office NOT the booth that you drive thru when you enter to officially ask them? I have never heard of them denying a guest a permit to park so if you went to the correct location i am wondering why you wouldnt have at least a permit.

The free overnight parking is just something that they let you do since your a guest of the resort. There are no grantees and no lots are ever guaranteed just usually what happens/

What lot you are allowed to park in is determined by the particular security personnel who happen to be on duty at the time. Parking in the village was never a given by vail corp or a listed benefit ever. Its just something that usually happens when there isnt a special event or ski season going on. If you are visiting when a particular event is going on any day at the ford event center then you wont be able to park in the garage and they'll usually make you park below. I have been forced to park in several different lots based on just who is working, events going on, and length of stay. Again if there is an event at the ford center you wont be allowed to park in the garage usually so i wouldn't assume its over. Also your stay was 4 nights so that was 6 days of parking that could have been a factor to make them less likely to give you the garage if you did indeed ask in the correct location.

I am staying there for 1 night later this week after the 4th holiday so ill let everyone know what lot I'm assigned to
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I wouldn't recommend parking in the lots without the hang tags ...
FWIW I did have the hang tag so perhaps that is why nothing happened. Not having our car near in a garage wasn't a big deal for us as we never left the village and used the free BC shuttle so never needed access to our car. Please do verify the parking issue.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Please do verify the parking issue.
Yes please do, I'll be there next month and I am trying to figure out if I should have a car at all. I could always take other transportation from/to EGE.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Travelzoo group code 13147 rate:
Aug 1 - Sept 14: $199/nt
Oct 1 - Nov 23: $169/nt

Includes a 50-minute massage.
No minimum stay.

www.travelzoo.com/hotels/seattle/848169/
"Book by July 8."

Offer is also found on the hotel's Special Offers page.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by sc flier
Travelzoo group code 13147 rate:
Aug 1 - Sept 14: $199/nt
Oct 1 - Nov 23: $169/nt

Includes a 50-minute massage.
No minimum stay.

www.travelzoo.com/hotels/seattle/848169/
"Book by July 8."

Offer is also found on the hotel's Special Offers page.
Nice price - do they ever have snow by Nov 21st ?

Am planning a ski trip in Jan/Feb - anyone have much luck using fall FFN awards during ski season at this property ? Currently award nights are available at 22k points each
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
The slopes do not open until Nov 24th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.