Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 5:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Here is the e-mail for the GM: [email protected]
I had wanted to use FFNs or points there in Jan or Feb but they showed nothing (except rooms @ a premium 24K points). Mr. Hoffmann referred me to the rooms manager who offered to help. But after 2 weeks of waiting I gave up, as he wasn't responsive. Decided to go to Hawaii with my FFNs and points instead. I still hope I can go there some day.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:02 am

Thanks to everyone who has left a review for this property. Thanks to the very generous new gold passport enhancements, this property is available for an award stay for New Year's. I just booked 3 days then and am looking forward to it. At a time when the hotel is asking $655 a night before taxes (almost $750/night after taxes!!!!), 15k points a night seems like a steal.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
Well, do to some massive change of plans we're having our wedding here! So far the staff that I have dealt with are top notch.

One question though. Should me, as the bride, splurge for the deluxe gulf view or are the gulf fronts just as nice? No one can really tell me the difference, other than the size of the room.
Old May 14, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Do it

The other rooms aren't bad at all. Pretty nice, actually. But splurge. You're already spending a fortune on everything else, based on the idea that "we only do this once". Go for the best in this way too. To further tip the scale, imagine if someone in your wedding party does, and you don't (excepting, of course, your or his parents ).
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:54 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Any updates? Thanks.

Heading there like quick. Appreciate any and all comments. How are Diamonds treated? Breakfast options? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Update.

Made it into Key West. I came on DL which may have one of the only planes with First Class. FYI.

From EYW took a cab which on the meter was a little less than $16. Upon arrival my room was not ready but given room to freshen up. I received a upgrade to a salon studio. What is that? I big room on the corner. 01 ending room number. Looks directly out onto pool with view of water.

As a Diamond given a cert for full breakfast, wireless hsia comp and given amenity choice.

The buildings are dated but the rooms have been made over well. You can see wear but have to look for it. Pretty clean.

Had lunch at A&B so so. Took hop on/off Trolley. Pricey at $29. Had key lime pie at something Giraffe. Tasty. Had a nice nap which I needed.

The Hyatt seems to be the most central located brand hotel. There is a Westin. I would stay here again without hesitation. The staff is very very helpful.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Diamonds are treated very well here
Family and I had an excellent experience in November

Staff are excellent
We found it a good easy location for Key West, virtually everything walking distance.

remember to use DEL5k
Old Dec 20, 2009, 9:44 pm

I am here on NBT aka FFN.

Just looking at the breakfast voucher good for up to $37 per room per day.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
(2) of us here - one with 4 nites on FFN, the other w/ one paid night & 3 FFN nights. (one Diamond; one Platinum) Both rooms were upgraded to (ending in XX02) & (XXending in 11) which is 1 room back offering solid (but not frontal) water view. Building 3 - which means XX11 is towards the pool; XX02 is towards town) Considering we are using a Delish/Del5K cert AND paying w/ Costco certs - Very Very nice upgrades of which we were appreciative. Manager came out to greet us; and there is a champagne welcome.

Breakfast cert is $37 per day per room - but it is really printed for packages. Will see at check-out if the $37 limit also applies to Diamond. (if I have a bill over $37...) Certainly think it is sufficient -

If you want flashy, mega resort style and amenities, don't come here. (in fact, you might want to re-think Key West altogether!) This property is small and boutique like. There is no Club. There is one restaurant, one bar, one small pool, and an even smaller beach. My room is larger than the lobby. Most of the balconies hold 2 straight back type chairs and a very small round table. Most of the guests are adults, as there is no waterfall, lazy river, or mega playground. The entire property sort of has everything in "miniature".

We love it. It is pouring rain; we don't care. We can't wait to come back - and we haven't even left.

The service is great; all staff are very friendly. The food is excellent - we have had breakfast, room service, and lunch. We haven't moved our car since we got here - as almost everything is in walking distance. (A huge advantage in KW - parking is $$$, streets are narrow, and pedestrians/ bicyclists are everywhere) No need to Valet Park - self park is just as close. Contemporary room in "Key West chic". Minimal but quite comfortable. Bath has fab walk-in shower w/ rain head....and large size Quince Bergamot (not white ginger!) amenities including facial scrub. Soap is Key Lime Oatmeal. Mini frig and single serve coffee pot in room. Room is not cooled by thermostat...in wall, dial unit. (the only negative I have found) 4 story buildings mean there is no excessive wait for elevators - can also use the stairs. You can rent jet ski's, bikes, etc right on property. Rooms are quiet. Efficient daytime housekeeping; evening turndown. Paper delivery in AM.

It is very Key West...with that expectation, you will love it.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Diamond Breakfast

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
Breakfast cert is $37 per day per room - but it is really printed for packages. Will see at check-out if the $37 limit also applies to Diamond. (if I have a bill over $37...) Certainly think it is sufficient -
We just stayed there about 4 days ago for 2 nights only. I was told that as a Diamond, the breakfast "card" is covered for the whole group (we had 4 adults and 1 toddler). At the SHOR restaurant, we were told that we can pretty much order anything from the menu. It is interesting that all order items is listed as $0 and the total bill was $37 (matches the $37 limit). You can ask for Ashley. She took really good care of use for both days and knows about this Diamond benefits. I also recommend Crab Fritata for breakfast- very flavorful. For DELISH coupon, $150 was taken off the whole bill.

We really loved this hotel and excellent services (the best I have experience) and the good weather certainly helped.
^
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
Stayed at Hyatt Key West from feb.18 to 20. A special stay as my first Hyatt stay was there 21 years ago and we kept very good souvenir of it.
Ashley is real nice that is true.
But the hotel is no longer what it should be, especially at the price they ask today.
We were given room 1403. Dont go there. There is a pipe in the ceiling that makes a water running noise 24/24. Like the guy next room is taking a shower but it never stops. It's an aircon pipe with running water.
The swimming pool is awfull, space for 20 max.
No particular perk for diamond members apart from the 1000 points and free breakfast.
Another bothering thing is I was at the reception twice when people came in to enquire about price and both time they were given a price seriously lower than the one i booked online on the Hyatt site. Maibe one should try to call before booking on the internet....
All in all, based on the reviews here, I was worried about Victor hotel Miami beach (see review) and ended up very happy. I was looking forward to come back to Key West and the Hyatt resort disappointed me strongly.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Gold
April4-9

My wife and I are heading here for the first time, first time to Key west. Have read the reviews of this place and it sounds good. Is there anything else we should know? I am a diamond member. Looking for ideas on things to do......We will be there for 5 days.
Thanks
Woody
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
July 1 - 5

We are braving hurricane season and going in July. Since we are going with another couple, we are toying with staying at the Hyatt Sunset Harbor vacation club in a two-bedroom suite rather than the Hyatt.

Aside from the normal differences between a Hyatt and a Vacation Club, any other info that would sway a decision?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Love It

Returned last week from our Florida trip which included a 3-night stay at Hyatt Key West. Assigned to room 1102 which was in a fantastic location. Balcony (albeit small) looking out to the ocean (would have been perfect if not for a tree or two with big branches), and to the right next-door hotel's pool area. Agree room 1101 (or those ending in XX01) would be prime views, but we were right next to it. Down one flight of stairs and you're at the restaurant and pool. Room was very nicely decorated, liked the bathroom & shower. Size of room was fine for 2, might be a little small if more occupants. Cable TV was down for 2 days, so they gave us 2 free movies. Wireless worked great.

Breakfast at Shor restaurant was delicious (pretty much the same menu as Shor at Clearwater Beach Hyatt). Appetizers and drinks first night at the bar were good; in hindsight wished we had eaten more at the Hyatt since the food was as good or better than other places. They advertised a BBQ brunch-lunch for $21 starting at noon, which sounded good but we'd just eaten breakfast. When checking out, front desk took off morning coffee room service charges (don't know if that's typical or not). Definitely this property acknowledges & treats Diamonds well.

Rates for our dates were $599-$650/nt so felt like we were getting a steal with NBT nights & Diamond breakfast. Can't imagine paying those rates, tho. Restaurants and bar, sadly, were dead at least in the evenings. As others have mentioned, no spots available to sit at the pool even though the hotel didn't feel so crowded. We only used the hot tub/spa at night & were the only ones there, so that was great. Free parking for rental car was nice. Location was a bit quieter than, for example, the Westin's location but still only steps away from the tourist things. Would definitely return, we loved this property.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA
Were you there last weekend? If so, I was in room 1202, right above you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.