Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2001, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Visited over 10 years ago but remember nice lobby and with part of the riverwalk passing through the lobby. Westin is newer and the Hill Country resort would be best visited in summer so you can take advantage of the lazy river and pool area.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Dec 25, 2001, 10:52 pm

Thank you for your replies! Thanks to you we ae now completing our three night stay here and loving it. They gave us a room up high directly overlooking The Alamo. "The lobby & elevators are awesome" - say my children. The Texas Tech football team playing at the Alamo Bowl are staying here as well. I have to note that I have to say that we have been spoiled by recent stays at a "W" Hotel & do miss the comfort of W's feather bed and/or Westin's "heavenly bed" but the Hyatt's location and customer service is truly wonderful.
Old Aug 8, 2003, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hyatt San Antonio. Comments please. Thanks

Did a search. No specific information. Can anyone please comment on the SAT Hyatt on the Riverwalk and treatment of Diamonds? Any comments appreciated. Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2003, 6:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Great property in the heart of the riverwalk. IMHO, this is a better location than the Hilton or Westin. Howl at the Moon, Hard Rock are right across the "river", there is a great martini bar called Ziggs" just below Howl, I recommend. The property itself offers great views of the riverwalk or city. Many of the rooms face an inner atrium that is (18?) stories tall. As a Plat last year I got a nice corner balcony that overlooked the atrium. The Alamo is about 1 block out the back door. The pool and jacuzzi are on the roof, giveing excellent views of the city. A colleague of mine and his g/f enjoyed breakfast and mimosa's from the jacuzzi on a sunday morning. Have a great stay!
Old Aug 10, 2003, 10:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
The Zipper is right on. Rooms are pretty standard there. There is no concierge level. As Plat on a FFN we got a high floor with a view of the Alamo. Staff seemed very nice.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
It's a great property.

And besides, if Paradocs likes it, well, that's good enough for me! ;> )
Old Aug 11, 2003, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I stayed at the Westin San Antonio this weekend, but bummed over to the Hyatt to check it out. Unlike the Westin, the Hyatt is in the center of the wall-to-wall "party" of the Riverwalk. (Which could be an pro or a con depending on your taste... I preferred the quietness of the Westin, personally.) As others have mentioned, it's only a block or so from the Alamo, and center stage to what's happening on the Riverwalk. Definitely check out the jazz club (The Landing) on the Riverwalk level. Great jazz but expensive and not-so-good food. We enjoyed the large $8.95 brunch buffet at Zuni's, and another restaurant worth checking out is Azuca's -- about 7 or so blocks from downtown.

The public areas of the Hyatt are, compared to the Westin, more austere and beginning to show their age. The hotel is not as classy, IMO. Also, the pool at the Hyatt is smaller. I can't speak to Diamond treatment since I was not a guest there. But to be honest, if I had to do it over again, I would stick with the Westin. Really a great property with great staff all around...

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Aug 12, 2003, 4:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Thumper: You weren't here recently without telling me were you? You wouldn't do that, right?

JohnnyP: I have to agree with you that given a choice between Westin and Hyatt SAT I would definitely choose Westin. The Hyatt has some great assets, tho.

[This message has been edited by paradocs (edited 08-12-2003).]
Old Aug 14, 2003, 2:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
Diamond. Stayed at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio April 25-26, 2003 using FFN.

Was given a floor on a high level.

Pleasant hotel, right on the Riverwalk, with a very lovely atrium. Best feature was the room's balcony overlooking the insides of the hotel.

Also enjoyed the pool on the roof with a bar. Room service was a bit slow, as there seem to be a decent number of conventions held at the hotel. There's a few bars, restaurants, and shops on the lower level (inside the hotel) that are worth checking out.

Definitely would stay there again.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 8:29 am

Great location.

Got high inside floor w/balcony when I stayed as a Diamond last Thanksgiving.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:45 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Just checked out of there yesterday...Diamond perk I chose was the 1/2 bottle of wine and cheese plate. Had the standard choices it seemed.

8th floor room, odd shape and tucked back into the interior atrium with a lovely view right onto my neighbor's balcony. Was only there one night so didn't really care. Room was larger it seemed and the bathroom was a very nice size.

Upon arrival Sunday night, I went out for a walk along the river...came back up and my cardkey wouldn't work...called down and they said they would send someone up.

Went back to room and after about 30 tries, door unlocked. Went in and sat down..exhausted having left Yellowstone National Park that morning at 4:30.

Suddenly, my room is party central...knock at the door is Room Service with my Diamond aminity. While they are in there the Maid shows up for the turndown service, then Maintenance shows up to look at key situation...my cell phone rings-it is a friend calling to discuss the final shots of the PGA and the room phone rings with someone apologizing for the delay in delivering my cheese plate...there were so many people in there I felt like I was in that Marx Brothers scene with all the bodies piled into the ship cabin.

Would stay there again, hopefully a few less bodies in room at any one time.

WTTW...valet parking was $20.50.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Feel kinda compelled to try. Already made Hyatt status this year. If my wife will tolerate a check into the Westin then the Hyatt then the Westin. Need to keep that SPG status also. Thanks all. Regards
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:53 pm

Transport from SAT to the San Antonio Hyatt.

Off to SAT for three nights. Can someone comment on transportation from SAT to the Hyatt? We are not intending to rent a car. We will spend the last night at the Hilton SAT. So comments on getting to that hotel also helpful. Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:02 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Ouch... that is a ways from the airport down to the riverwalk. Might cost you for taxi/blue van. Was down there last fall and the Hyatt is right in the middle of the RiverWalk. The Alamo is 5 min walk out the back door. Many of the rooms look out into a large atrium, several corner rooms have balconies on the atrium. The jacuzzi and pool are on the roof, a colleague of mine had breakfast and mimosa's delivered to the jacuzzi. Pvt e-mail for more info
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:34 pm

Just spoke with Hotel. You can take the SA Transit from SAT Terminal 1 Luggage Claim to riverwalk hotels. The Hyatt is the second to last stop. $9.00 per person.

Cab runs about $16.00 depending upon traffic. So since we are two the cab is it.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.