FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 11, 2003, 9:22 pm
JohnnyP

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I stayed at the Westin San Antonio this weekend, but bummed over to the Hyatt to check it out. Unlike the Westin, the Hyatt is in the center of the wall-to-wall "party" of the Riverwalk. (Which could be an pro or a con depending on your taste... I preferred the quietness of the Westin, personally.) As others have mentioned, it's only a block or so from the Alamo, and center stage to what's happening on the Riverwalk. Definitely check out the jazz club (The Landing) on the Riverwalk level. Great jazz but expensive and not-so-good food. We enjoyed the large $8.95 brunch buffet at Zuni's, and another restaurant worth checking out is Azuca's -- about 7 or so blocks from downtown.

The public areas of the Hyatt are, compared to the Westin, more austere and beginning to show their age. The hotel is not as classy, IMO. Also, the pool at the Hyatt is smaller. I can't speak to Diamond treatment since I was not a guest there. But to be honest, if I had to do it over again, I would stick with the Westin. Really a great property with great staff all around...

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."