Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Great stay and nice upgrade as globalist

Last week did a 3 night points and cash stay. As a globalist, received a free upgrade to junior suite, a nice 2 room suite with large bath. Mentioned we were celebrating my birthday and received a nice small chocolate cake with candle and happy birthday on it. Nice lounge with made to order eggs and other choices, not a huge buffet but nicely met our needs. Like the selection of appetizers and drinks from 6-8 pm. Great location, try food courts in nearby malls like Ion, to taste local food specialties at a reasonable price.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: points traveller
are the club rooms worth the 7k extra points?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:31 am

7k points works out to around USD 100 if purchased during a sale. If you want to have breakfast in the lounge, and plan to have a few drinks at the lounge during cocktail hour, then it is likely to be worthwhile.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
are the club rooms worth the 7k extra points?
I believe Club rooms are Deluxe rooms, which are basically junior suites.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Can anyone advise on Bed comfort here? I'm not a fan of hard beds
Thanks!

I saw this on Trip Advisor
Not Grand Hyatt Quality”Reviewed January 8, 2017
We stayed at this property for six nights over the New Year Holiday. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite on the Grand Club floor and were very happy.
Our room was very spacious and modern in appearance.. It took several calls to housekeeping to fix the issue but we got it worked out. It was about 3:00 a.m. when we arrived so there were not a lot of employees available and could explain the delays. The most positive attributes of this property are the employees of the hotel who were pleasant and always willing to help. The location cannot be beat. The hotel is at the corner of Orchard Street with many restaurants and plenty of shopping. On the downside, this hotel is in need of a major renovation. There is no way that this should be a Grand Hyatt. In fact, I am not sure how it is even a Hyatt. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong for four nights prior to this property and that is what a Grand should be like. The furniture in the room was worn and the shower was full of mold.
Our room, 2019, was directly under the Grand Club which has hard wood floors. As the chairs moved across the wood floor it echoed in the room and sounded like constant furniture rearranging during the peak hours. Additionally, the bed was so hard and uncomfortable. It was like sleeping on a board. If you like a firm bed or cement floor to sleep on, then this would not be a problem. Even the Grand Club is tired. The smaller room with leather chairs have worn edges and look like they are from the 1980s.
We used Gold Passport Points for this stay and could not be more dissatisfied with the number of points required for this hotel category. We have been Diamond members for 12+ years and we wasted 120,000 points for this stay.
With so many beautiful hotels in Singapore, I would not even add this to the list until a full remodel has been concluded. The location is great and the employees are nice, but the cost for what you get is not worth it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I must have spent over +90 nights here in the past two years so I have gotten to know some of the staff especially the ones at the club lounge. It is really the people and the service that keeps me coming back. There are certainly other properties in Singapore with newer furnishings and more desirable location. But on a personal level, the GHS is definitely my preferred choice of accommodation in Singapore. I do love a more firm mattress and the bedding here is perfect for me. As for pillows, the default kind is a bit thick for me but you can request to try other types they have.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I've always slept super well here, but having a 16 + hours in the air beforehand seems to help.

For what it's worth, I don't like some Le Meridien's because I find the bed too hard when it's on a platform without box springs.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
My wife and I have been staying at this property for 25+ years and never had a problem with the beds.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I have had a large amount of stays here over the last few years and find the beds pretty comfortable.

A total refurb of the property will start in late 2019, will take 2-3 years to complete and will possibly see an entire tower at a time taken out of service thus halving the number of rooms available.

One of the most annoying things they have done here recently is remove the ability to earn points on alcoholic beverages in all the outlets outside Brixx. Spend there never qualified anyway but to previously give points in other places and recently remove that ability is rather petty.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Noticed this message “children under the age of 12 are welcomed to enjoy the grand club facilities before 5pm...” in the app while trying to make a reservation.

Is this a new policy and anyone who stayed recently with kids can comment if they are making alternative arrangements for evening happy hour?

Last stayed here more than a year ago and there weren’t any restrictions then.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by mechu
Noticed this message “children under the age of 12 are welcomed to enjoy the grand club facilities before 5pm...” in the app while trying to make a reservation.

Is this a new policy and anyone who stayed recently with kids can comment if they are making alternative arrangements for evening happy hour?

They now offer you the use of Oasis (pool bar) or 10 Scotts. In Oasis between 6 and 8pm you can order any food or drinks from the menu, which some can argue is better than the lounge. They like you to pre-book and have vouchers with you. If it gets really busy in Oasis they sometimes bring staff from the lounge down to assist.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
They now offer you the use of Oasis (pool bar) or 10 Scotts. In Oasis between 6 and 8pm you can order any food or drinks from the menu, which some can argue is better than the lounge. They like you to pre-book and have vouchers with you. If it gets really busy in Oasis they sometimes bring staff from the lounge down to assist.
Is this only for guests with children or does everyone with lounge access have the above options? Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Currently staying on a Points+Cash rate and applied a suite upgrade several months ago. At check-in told that suite was in the back building because it was a Points+Cash stay. Of course this is a long walk from the Grand Club and generally annoying. So, it seems that the property is once again giving worse service if you actually use a rate they offer publicly.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Markie
Currently staying on a Points+Cash rate and applied a suite upgrade several months ago. At check-in told that suite was in the back building because it was a Points+Cash stay. Of course this is a long walk from the Grand Club and generally annoying. So, it seems that the property is once again giving worse service if you actually use a rate they offer publicly.
Pretty crummy service. Not to say it was a free gift certificate or anything like that. Will you escalate?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:12 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Aventine
Pretty crummy service. Not to say it was a free gift certificate or anything like that. Will you escalate?
If they send the survey - no one on property is interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.