Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
great review! thanks for the photos "m0hamed"! I was hopping to see some of the renovations before checking in next January. I wrote GH SG and requested the renovated suite some time ago, they said they'll do their best.

I was under the impression from other posts on this thread that when staying in a Suite you could have breakfast at the restaurant or club lounge. Is this not the case anymore?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:41 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Front desk agent made it very clear only in the club. I asked if there was a reduced upcharge and the answer was no, SGD $35 pp.

I asked at Straits Kitchen, too.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I've read through much of the thread and it seems that the policy of restaurant breakfast for Diamonds/Suites changes back and forth. Maybe during certain times of the year, or maybe according to occupancy for either the entire hotel or lounge-access rooms, or maybe without rhyme or reason.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I've read through much of the thread and it seems that the policy of restaurant breakfast for Diamonds/Suites changes back and forth. Maybe during certain times of the year, or maybe according to occupancy for either the entire hotel or lounge-access rooms, or maybe without rhyme or reason.
Yes it seems quite random.

When I stayed in September, they initially told me "no" at check-in then granted me a one-time exception as a courtesy.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:18 am

In July I was made to believe it was quite usual/policy for me (Diamond/Suite) to have the breakfast at the Straits Kitchen.

The numerous conflicting report is confusing for sure.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
As a diamond staying here right now, I can confirm that breakfast at straits is no longer offered to diamonds nor club floor guests. I am staying with a DSU in a nicely renovated Grand suite at the terrace wing.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:30 am

Hey I'm here too! The club is an absolute zoo during happy hour and breakfast, and they're clearly overwhelmed by the number of guests. Quite a departure from the civility this place usually is.

Isaac, the club manager, is away today too, which hasn't helped matters as he usually runs a very tight ship.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Here as well. Couldn't use my DSU but still upgraded to a one bedroom suite (deluxe). Agree breakfast was a zoo this morning.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
My experience was very much different at the Terrace wing grand club. Identical food and drinks, but much quieter. I know some folks prefer the decor of the club at the Grand wing, but I found the Terrace wing one cozier.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by freddo
My experience was very much different at the Terrace wing grand club. Identical food and drinks, but much quieter. I know some folks prefer the decor of the club at the Grand wing, but I found the Terrace wing one cozier.
There are two Clubs at this hotel? We visited one and it was wonderful - more towards the front of the hotel. Which one was it? We sure had truly outstanding, friendly, and personal service there.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:53 pm
Suspended

You were in the Grand Wing. The Terrace Wing is at the rear, accessed by the lifts past 10Scotts.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:37 am

Is the club at the Terrace Wing still open? It was closed during my last stay in September. Didn't dawn upon me to ask about it.

I checked out yesterday and would have happily used the lounge at the Terrace Wing, but I've instead been trekking all the way to the front tower.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:16 am

Do Hyatt Platinums get any sort of breakfast benefit here?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Do Hyatt Platinums get any sort of breakfast benefit here?
Not that I recall, unless upgraded. In my experience, upgrades are generous at this hotel. If just for the food, you're not missing much. The buildings adjacent have plenty of options.

Is the Guest of Honor program renewed as a 2016 Diamond benefit? I don't see this on the Hyatt website. If redeeming an award, perhaps a Diamond member can help you out.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Have a stay booked in early September, currently a C+P award. Was thinking about using a DSU but does anyone know if any suites have two twin beds or two sleeping areas. I am traveling with my brother and we are currently booked into a twin room and would like separate beds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.