Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Thanks CMANC fro taking the time to write such a detailed report. I think I will be using a DSU for my stay so I am hoping I might get the Grand Duplex Suite. What do you mean by the late night people watching?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr
Thanks CMANC fro taking the time to write such a detailed report. I think I will be using a DSU for my stay so I am hoping I might get the Grand Duplex Suite. What do you mean by the late night people watching?
There is a bar in the basement that is a mix of regular crowd and pickup joint.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by cmanc
There is a bar in the basement that is a mix of regular crowd and pickup joint.
LOL - sounds like another Grand Hyatt

Not sure about people watching at this property. Maybe head down to Federation Square?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Stayed last month for three nights in the duplex suite using the DSU.

It was by far my son's favorite hotel room since we could play "hide and seek"
The lounge offering was pretty good (sushi and few hot items) and since we were staying on the club floor, we were allowed to have breakfast at the Straits restaurant.

Just a little miscommunication during check-in though.
We arrived at 2pm (the standard check-in time) but was told to wait in another room since the suite was not ready. Initially, they told us the wait was going to be an hour, so we agreed and waited in the standard room offered. After an hour, I checked with the club floor agent, but after few strokes on the computer was told no and that it would take at least another hour... We didn't want to be wasting any more time, so we went downstairs to tell the original agent that checked us in that we'll be leaving the hotel, the room was magically ready... strange. They did seem like it was rushed since there was a long strand of hair in the bath tub...

Other than the check-in process, everything was more than satisfactory.
Nice location, delicious breakfast and a cool room that my six year old enjoyed.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:36 pm

Has anyone stayed in the renovated rooms in the back tower? I thought the regular rooms were renovated but the hotel's reservations rep said only the suites. Took a tour last year and only recall the presidential suites looking fresher.

I'm going as a platinum this time and hoping for something newer. Last time, got a junior suite that was more sparsely appointed than usual. Eerie vibe. Plus the Grand Suites and Duplex Suites are dated. Nice lounge and GP staff.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gspurr
Thanks. It sounds as if at the least I will be able to sue the lounge at least while I wait for my late flight.

The reviews of this hotel seem to be quite mixed. I've stayed at a few Hyatt's in southeast Asia. How does it compare to the Hyatts in KL, HoCHiMinh City and those of Hong Kong?
I can compare it to the Hyatt Regency TST in HK. The lounge at the GH Singapore is definitely better with very helpful staff. It's a nice hotel.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pandas
Has anyone stayed in the renovated rooms in the back tower? I thought the regular rooms were renovated but the hotel's reservations rep said only the suites. Took a tour last year and only recall the presidential suites looking fresher.

I'm going as a platinum this time and hoping for something newer. Last time, got a junior suite that was more sparsely appointed than usual. Eerie vibe. Plus the Grand Suites and Duplex Suites are dated. Nice lounge and GP staff.
The entire 11th and 12th floor of the back tower are completely renovated. I've stayed in one of the renovated regular rooms and must say that I much prefer the renovated rooms to the "junior suites" in the front tower that Diamonds are usually upgraded to, despite being smaller in size. Although they are so few of these renovated regular rooms as most of the standard rooms were converted to suites during the renovation. I'd say definitely request for one of these rooms if you want something newer and fresher.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:10 am

Hi, what is a "2-br family suite"? Can't seem to get any info about it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would venture a guess.... a suite with two separate bedrooms (instead of one) ;-).
But I think they only have a Grand Deluxe 2 bedroom here....
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I can compare it to the Hyatt Regency TST in HK. The lounge at the GH Singapore is definitely better with very helpful staff. It's a nice hotel.
You're certainly think a Grand Hyatt would be better than a Hyatt Regency. Much better to compare the GH HKG to the GH SIN. GH HKG lounge is considerably better than SIN.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:33 pm

Guys, how late is the lounge open?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by xcalibir

Thanks
I this lounge like most lounges closes between 9-10 pm.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by xcalibir
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I this lounge like most lounges closes between 9-10 pm.
Something like that, although the canaps and drinks theoretically stop at 8pm.

If you stock up at last drinks they are quite good at letting you stay in the lounge for a while...
Old May 28, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by penegal
Something like that, although the canaps and drinks theoretically stop at 8pm.

If you stock up at last drinks they are quite good at letting you stay in the lounge for a while...
Did I misunderstand the question?

I thought he was asking what time the lounge closes, not what time the evening cocktail concludes.

That said 8 pm for the conclusion of evening cocktails is generous. Most hotels I frequent conclude at 7:30pm or earlier.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Did I misunderstand the question?

I thought he was asking what time the lounge closes, not what time the evening cocktail concludes.

That said 8 pm for the conclusion of evening cocktails is generous. Most hotels I frequent conclude at 7:30pm or earlier.
It really depends on when the happy hour starts. 6-8pm is fairly common. I think a 3 hour happy hour is the longest I recall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.