Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by globalentry57
I'm doing a nice hotel/street food tour of Singapore, KL and Penang in a few weeks with my fiance. Would GH be preferable to Westin/Sheraton/St Regis/IC or another hotel. I've Gold with SPG and Platinum w Hilton (I know, whooopee) but we'd probably be interested even for breakfast to eat more local fare. I feel pretty confident about the trip before Singapore, but given the middling reviews, its making me wonder about basing my decisions on other criteria, such as proximity to the Chili Crab, and even booking outside the normal 4+/5 lux hotels in Singapore. It seems like most of the stall food is towards the shore, moving up south east along the coast. Its hard to get a sense of how far GH is from those places (or even if the map I'm looking at for food locations is still timely).

Thanks, and happy travels.
Check whether the historic hawker center a block from the Westin has reopened from its renovations/restoration yet. Satay street has operated every night during the closure, but you might not want satay every night for dinner. IIRC the modern office building attached to the Westin has an air conditioned indoor food court that's mostly open at lunch time. You can also walk to Chinatown from the Westin, but I associate Chinatown with having a couple pedestrian streets filled with outdoor sit-down restaurants (and other vendors) more than genuine street food.

From the Hyatt, it's a longer walk to a more normal outdoor large hawker center which is open very late at night, although there will be lots of tourists there too.

AFAIK there's no significant street food within walking distance of the StRegis, although most of the big shopping malls along Orchard Road would have food in their basements.

The IC is close to Little India and its food.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
For singapore, I usually stay at St. Regis or Grand Hyatt (depends on which side I need the stay for status).

GH- I usually get upgraded to duplex in the back building at Hyatt. Its very quiet and have good view of the pool. The food in the club lounge is one of the better one in all of Hyatt Chain. Hyatt buffet is also one of the best in Asia.

St. Regis- I love the room hardware much better. But not much else. The food is borderline.

Hyatt is very close to ION. So if i had to choose between the two and not worry about keeping both status, I will take GH.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
What is the usual upgrade for Diamond members at this property, without using the suite upgrade??

Thanks a lot
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
What is the usual upgrade for Diamond members at this property, without using the suite upgrade??
Club Deluxe
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by price123
Club Deluxe

Is it a nice room?? How big is it? Is "My Elite Rate" available at this property??

Thanks a lot
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Is it a nice room?? How big is it? Is "My Elite Rate" available at this property??
It's a nice room, like a small suite.
Hyatt website says around 55 square metres
My Elite Rate will show up if available on your dates if you log in.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by price123
It's a nice room, like a small suite.
Hyatt website says around 55 square metres
My Elite Rate will show up if available on your dates if you log in.

Does Hyatt have a "flexible dates" feature like Hilton does whereby the rates for all the dates are displayed? Or do you have to try one by one?

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by orsetto
Do you e-mail or phone?

I can't imagine Mid-Autumn Festival and F1 bringing in crowds. This thread has mixed reviews on how this GH approaches status perks.
Sorry didn't notice till now. I just kept checking the website availability for the duplex suite.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum

Thanks a lot
Grand Deluxe on the top floor of the grand wing.

I also have gotten 2 room grand deluxe too.

Worse i have only gotten Grand club.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Grand Deluxe on the top floor of the grand wing.

I also have gotten 2 room grand deluxe too.

Worse i have only gotten Grand club.
I would say Grand Deluxe in the front tower without the qualification of top floor - I've never gotten that floor but all except for 1 has been in this category in the front tower.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Sorry didn't notice till now. I just kept checking the website availability for the duplex suite.
Thanks for the tip

I've been reading that their rooms are quite worn. Does anyone know how the renovations are going?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the tip

I've been reading that their rooms are quite worn. Does anyone know how the renovations are going?
I've been staying at GH Singapore for past 5-6 years - although to be fair I've not visited this CY but personally I don't think I could describe the rooms as worn. Some of the dcor is a little dated but I have always found the rooms to be in great condition.

Now maybe I've just been lucky with the rooms or perhaps things have changed since I last stayed. Of course I'm also looking forward to seeing the renovated rooms as well :-)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I would say Grand Deluxe in the front tower without the qualification of top floor - I've never gotten that floor but all except for 1 has been in this category in the front tower.
Would this be the "Grand Club Deluxe"? I've recently been offered one as an upgrade to an upcoming stay but not sure exactly what it is. Nothing on the website is listed as "grand" + "club".
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Would this be the "Grand Club Deluxe"? I've recently been offered one as an upgrade to an upcoming stay but not sure exactly what it is. Nothing on the website is listed as "grand" + "club".
I'm not sure but that probably just means Grand Deluxe with club access.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:34 am

How is the club lounge at this property compared to Hilton properties??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.