Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
A couple of disappointing service faults recently. They no longer provide newspapers but instead ask guests to use the Reader app. Understand the $ savings they're seeking, but as a Club floor/Diamond, it's nice to have a newspaper to read in the AM while getting ready. On Day 2, I called to request daily newspaper delivery and they said they could, but they'd need to charge -- "eh?!"

They then said they could arrange for The Age at no charge. Received on Day 3 but not Day 4. Pre-checkout invoice shows me being charged for 2 days' papers, despite not receiving on Day 3 and specifically being told I wouldn't be charged. Yes, reception fixed it, but annoying.

Also, the in-room guest directory specifically notes that GC is open for evening food/drinks 6-830pm. Nope! Got there at 810pm and they'd already cleared everything. Again, staff great and prepared a cheese plate for me, but still ... the in-room directory needs an update. Other than that, GH is the same as always. Good and reliable.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I haven't stayed there for a while but doesn't service finish at 8 but the club stays open until later? The PH does the same.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I haven't stayed there for a while but doesn't service finish at 8 but the club stays open until later? The PH does the same.
The PH has a club with evening service?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, it's one of the exceptions for a PH.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Yes.

Originally Posted by RTW1
Yes, it's one of the exceptions for a PH.
Actually, no. Club lounges are not brand standard for a Park Hyatt. In the few where they exist they are Park Lounges (MEL) or Ambassador Lounges (CBR) because they cannot use the term.

PHs with a lounge are in the minority, we're lucky to have two in Australia.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes.

Actually, no. Club lounges are not brand standard for a Park Hyatt. In the few where they exist they are Park Lounges (MEL) or Ambassador Lounges (CBR) because they cannot use the term.

PHs with a lounge are in the minority, we're lucky to have two in Australia.
Wow! Thats pretty neat!!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:01 am

PH Hamburg is the other propert with a Park Lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Yes, and the Park Hyatt lounge is excellent. There is a wide variety of hot and cold dishes, an open bar, and a beautiful setting with lovely views.

I enjoyed the PH Melbourne far more than the Grand Hyatt MEL.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Yes, and the Park Hyatt lounge is excellent. There is a wide variety of hot and cold dishes, an open bar, and a beautiful setting with lovely views.

I enjoyed the PH Melbourne far more than the Grand Hyatt MEL.
Thanks! I need to talk it over with my wife, but the PH certainly sounds like a fantastic property.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Grand Hyatt is better location and bigger rooms. Not sure if the PH gives breakfast downstairs or just lounge access but GH is only in the lounge for diamonds
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Grand Hyatt is better location and bigger rooms. Not sure if the PH gives breakfast downstairs or just lounge access but GH is only in the lounge for diamonds
Suites may be bigger, but rooms are definitely larger, if not double the size at the PH.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And the locations are about a 5 minute walk from each other.... So in my opinion that's totally irrelevant for most people. That same argument made me choose the GH when I didn't know any better, and I've regretted it.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
PH diamond breakfast is in the restaurant 6/7 days of the week.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
PH diamond breakfast is in the restaurant 6/7 days of the week.
but the lounge at the PH has a breakfast also, correct?
Old May 2, 2015, 11:49 pm

but the lounge at the PH has a breakfast also, correct?
No. It's closed except Sundays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.