Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by RobbyBobby
Well, it is just the matter of personal opinion, I like the new Andaz and was hoping to be there in next two weeks. Idea is that this is upscale hotel hopeful not so family friendly Since it is not ready I will have to stay at Hyatt ex-property next door; Grand Wailea, not that I am complying BTW again it is a personal opinion, but Hyatt R Maui feels like dump comparing to Grand Wailea.

Sorry, maybe it's somewhere on FT. But have they set a Andaz Maui open date? Stayed Hyatt maui November. Maybe a 2.25. Grand Wailea was every bit a 5.0 stay in Feb. and I'm a Hyatt guy! But stay was awful in November. Anyways......back to Andaz? Can you point me in right direction of open?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by antinseattle
Sorry, maybe it's somewhere on FT. But have they set a Andaz Maui open date? Stayed Hyatt maui November. Maybe a 2.25. Grand Wailea was every bit a 5.0 stay in Feb. and I'm a Hyatt guy! But stay was awful in November. Anyways......back to Andaz? Can you point me in right direction of open?
From their FB:

We are scheduled to open at the very tail end of June / beginning of July. When we open for reservations in the upcoming weeks we will be accepting starting September 1 and beyond. As we get closer to our actual opening date, we will determine when we can accept reservations for July and August. I hope we are able to welcome you as our guest!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
HR Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Drove by Saturday and I see no possible way for a summer opening, especially Maui time. LONG way to go.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
From their FB:
Thank you......don't ave FB.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We had just over a three week stay at HR Maui.
Check in was great! Love seeing Jeff's smiling face. Starts our stay off nicely
We used suite upgrades and had a suite in the Napoli building, 7th floor, facing the pool/ocean. I know quite a few people feel it is a waste of diamond suite upgrades here but we enjoy it. We like having two separate TVs and areas and love the view!
We experienced two days without water. I know 'life' happens. But, from talking to the workers there, they knew the second day without water was going to happen so a bit of warning would have been nice.
We did get $$ and points for the inconvenience. Not sure if everyone got this but appreciate the gesture.
The Club was great, as usual. The staff there are so nice and friendly. Really appreciated all their help. I like the breakfast up there. Fresh pineapple, papaia and yoghurt is a great way to start the day.
We went to Japengo Restaurant a few times because of the convenience and outlook. We felt rushed a few times. I know it is busy. But I wish they wouldn't bring out our entrees before we have finished our first course. It is just RUDE! Being offered a free dessert does not make up for cold food.
The work on the new development has started. The extra parking spaces near the tennis courts is finished. They have taken away the roundabout, straightened out the road and removed a lot of trees . They are working, section by section, with removing the Napoli carpark and we were told that the parking lot should be emptied within three months. Then the work begins! They say it will take 14 months, after that, to finish the building etc
I wonder how much of an impact this will have on future stays. We are already booked for next February and will watch Flyertalk reviews of HR Maui with interest
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:53 pm

The Napili parking lot is GONE! In just 1 day they had all of the pavement taken up. It is now ALL dirt. It was unbelievable to watch. So many memories gone.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Does anyone know if there is a parking alternative? My buddy mentioned a shopping area across the street. Is this feasible?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Does anyone know if there is a parking alternative? My buddy mentioned a shopping area across the street. Is this feasible?
There is not a shopping area across the street....The only shopping area is Whalers Village and it is not free or across the street. There is really no parking alternative now...They got ya!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
There is not a shopping area across the street....The only shopping area is Whalers Village and it is not free or across the street. There is really no parking alternative now...They got ya!
Heartless swine, looks like I will bite the bullet.

I always forget how much the little charges add up to until the last minute....airport parking, hotel parking, putting the pooch in the doggie spa the stupid resort fee.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Exactly... I'm going to VRBO it instead this next trip, I think.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:34 pm

We got free parking on our last trip in February
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:04 pm

If your reservation was made prior to parking charge being implemented they waived the parking charge.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:54 pm

If your reservation was made prior to parking charge being implemented they waived the parking charge.
Not sure if that is correct.....mind you, our reservation WAS made before the charge was implemented but we were advised of the charge as we checked in. And that, plus the resort fee, was waived.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:52 pm

You must be important!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 pm

You must be important!
You are funny!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.