Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
I really enjoyed the breakfast today b/c they had my favorite items: lox, capers, cream cheese & bagels. Yum, yum. The rest was just standard fare: wet scrambled eggs, andouille sausage, sliced ham, unripe strawberries, blah, blah.
We are heading there in a couple weeks and was wondering how was the rest of your trip regarding the club? I read somewhere that with globalist there are happy hour prices at any time for drinks. Was this your experience as well? Thx!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by diceman
We are heading there in a couple weeks and was wondering how was the rest of your trip regarding the club? I read somewhere that with globalist there are happy hour prices at any time for drinks. Was this your experience as well? Thx!
I never saw or heard anything re: Happy Hour. They do sell beer & wine b/c I saw a sign in one corner of the room. There was one price for beer and another for wine. Don't think they sell hard liquor but I could be wrong. We did not order any alcohol. Don't get your hopes up too high.
diceman likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I never saw or heard anything re: Happy Hour. They do sell beer & wine b/c I saw a sign in one corner of the room. There was one price for beer and another for wine. Don't think they sell hard liquor but I could be wrong. We did not order any alcohol. Don't get your hopes up too high.
Ask at check-in, Globalist's use to get happy hour prices all day at Umalu. As far as drinks in the RC ask the person working the club for the drink you want. Not sure of cost or if this service has been discontinued but that is how it worked in the past.
diceman likes this.

Last edited by bbbb; Feb 13, 2024 at 7:05 pm
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:35 pm

My wife and I had a 6 night stay earlier this month. I booked all 6 nights on points and used club certificates for club access.
This was our first stay and we really enjoyed it. I thought it was a beautiful property. I only have Explorist status, but they upgraded us to an oceanview room (Lahaina Tower 581) - a great view.

There is something magical about being able to see whales from the Regency Club patio during breakfast.

I also received a welcome email a few days before check in with a couple very useful links I that I didn't find in a quick thread search.
Resort Guide: https://hyattmaui.ipoolside.com/
Resort Map: https://qrcodes.pro/resortmap

I thought that food at the Regency Club was good, not great, but I appreciated the easy convenience of having access on-site for breakfast, snacks and a light dinner.
Nothing better than the bottomless POG available.
Some of the rotating breakfast items - alongside the eggs - just one per day that I saw: Sausage links, Sausage patties, pancakes, waffles.
Some of the rotating hot items for dinner were: Spring rolls & Pot stickets, Steamed pork buns & Noodle stir fry, meatballs, Fried rice & Fried Shrimp, Meat pies & Mac & Cheese.
The cookies were good. The mini cake slices they had available were mediocre.
Billy Bandit likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
Ask at check-in, Globalist's use to get happy hour prices all day at Umalu. As far as drinks in the RC ask the person working the club for the drink you want. Not sure of cost or if this service has been discontinued but that is how it worked in the past.
As an explorist, I was told I had "extended Happy hour" from 4-7 pm at 'Umalu.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:47 am

Elite Recognition

I've found mixed reviews about elite recognition at this property. I'm currently an Explorist with both club access certs and guest of honor certs visiting for 5 nights in May. I'll be traveling with my brother so we are booking a 2 queen room. Given that I wouldn't anticipate being upgraded to a 2 bed suite, is there any advantage to being a Globalist here beyond what I would get for a view upgrade from explorist and a club breakfast with the club cert?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by cjglick
I've found mixed reviews about elite recognition at this property. I'm currently an Explorist with both club access certs and guest of honor certs visiting for 5 nights in May. I'll be traveling with my brother so we are booking a 2 queen room. Given that I wouldn't anticipate being upgraded to a 2 bed suite, is there any advantage to being a Globalist here beyond what I would get for a view upgrade from explorist and a club breakfast with the club cert?
Free parking if you have a car.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by cjglick
I'm currently an Explorist with both club access certs and guest of honor certs visiting for 5 nights in May.
Doesn’t GoH covers club access? Why do you need to use another club access cert?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by 168
Doesn’t GoH covers club access? Why do you need to use another club access cert?
I think the poster has an option to use either a GoH or Club Access award and is weighting whether there are any additional benefits with GoH beyond the Club Lounge.
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Using GoH will save you $45+tax per day on the resort fee and better chance for late checkout.
Free Parking under GoH, only apply to award bookings is my understanding.
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 168
Using GoH will save you $45+tax per day on the resort fee and better chance for late checkout.
Free Parking under GoH, only apply to award bookings is my understanding.
No resort fee on award bookings for all status levels. Unfortunately we don’t know whether this is an award or cash booking, so hard to compare the two options for Club Lounge access and other fringe. Since this is a resort property, the late checkout is “as available” so hard to value that in the comparison too. My personal leaning is to get in the habit of saving GoH for bookings where club lounge isn’t available since GoH awards will be rarer next year with the program changes.
cjglick likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:10 pm

As a discoverist booking a suite as an award stay, do we get access to the club lounge and all other benefits except free valet parking a globalist would receive? I'm owed a GoH from a friend so trying to decide what trip to use it for.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ericande
As a discoverist booking a suite as an award stay, do we get access to the club lounge and all other benefits except free valet parking a globalist would receive? I'm owed a GoH from a friend so trying to decide what trip to use it for.
Booking a suite does not automatically grant you club access or any other globalist-type benefits.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by ericande
I have yet to come across a property in the US where their suites come with club access. I have only seen it in properties abroad.

If you read the rate rules or the room details, it should tell you what you would get with booking certain rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.